Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Marijuana.

Comments

• GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    No weed for me...
    image Photobucket
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,528 moneytalker
    No weed for me...
    I have some for ya.... but you gotta come get it.
    Pass the god damn butter.
  • EpisodeEpisode Posts: 32,049 destroyer of motherfuckers
    So, I've decided to say goodbye to the high life for a while. :( Being on this workout and diet, I just can't. I've tried to contain the munchies, and it's fucking impossible. But staying on this workout is way more important to me right now.
    So, I've decided to say goodbye to the high life for a while. :( Being on this workout and diet, I just can't. I've tried to contain the munchies, and it's fucking impossible. But staying on this workout is way more important to me right now.
    But the side effects..... of the marijuana addiction withdrawals..... they will kill you! Reefer madness!
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    dood, i do p90x and still smoke you just need to have something healthier for the munchies, like eat a banana or something...anything tastes good when u got the munchies
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,669 spicy boy
    dood, i do p90x and still smoke you just need to have something healthier for the munchies, like eat a banana or something...anything tastes good when u got the munchies
    This. Eat an apple, they are amazing high lol
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,603 spicy boy
    i like me some yogurt stoned and that aint to bad for ya
  • fucketh_thine_selffucketh_thine_self Posts: 3,363 just the tip
    meh i don't get the munchies
    meh i don't get the munchies

LOL yeah ok

• fucketh_thine_selffucketh_thine_self Posts: 3,363 just the tip
    i use to get them but not for a long time now. i obviously cant prove it to you on here
    lol yeah im just fucking with ya...tbh idon'tgiveafuck.jpg
  • GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    I don't need food, but it taste a hell of a lot better. I've cut out fast food but I still eat candy like hell.

image Photobucket
    yeah i love me some grape crush pop and some chips when im stoned
  • LiveFreeDieLiveFreeDie Posts: 8,055 destroyer of motherfuckers
    That's my one downfall when it comes to smoking weed is that a get the munchies like a motherfucker. I swear sometimes when I smoke I feel like I could complete a Man vs. Food challenge... no joke.

But yeah i'm about to go smoke right now and probably eat some cheerios.
    Death is not the worst of evils. You can't be down, when you're always high.
  • HeisenbergHeisenberg Posts: 10,361 balls deep
    Teh science behind the phenomenon known as "the munchies"
    http://journals.cambridge.org/action/displayFulltext?type=6&fid=634724&jid=NRR&volumeId=14&issueId=01&aid=606876&bodyId=&membershipNumber=&societyETOCSession=&fulltextType=RA&fileId=S095442240100004X

Some very good info there that no one will read.
    I was like fuck I wanna know this shit.. Then I read like one paragraph and my brain kinda hurt.... I will attempt reading this not stoned tomorrow.
    Mayhem Denver '08, Albuquereque '09/'10/'11 2012 ????????? peyton manning broncos Pictures, Images and Photos
    edited June 2011
    Its a metric fuck ton to read, but the science behind getting high is facinating.

*edit*

Anyway, in one part of the appetite section, hey mention a study where on average, people in a controlled room ate 4 marshmallows. After 2 joints, test groups ate 50. They refer to it thought the data as "the marshmallow effect" lol.

Post edited by Jobe_Wan_Kenobi on
    edited June 2011

I found a post from another forum that explains the basics of what happens when getting high better than I did.

A user of Marijuana will often describe the experience of smoking marijuana as initially calming and mellow, producing a sensation of haziness and light-headedness. The user’s eyes may dilate, causing colours to seem more intense, and other senses may be enhanced. Later, feelings of a paranoia and panic may be felt by the user, especially if they are new to smoking marijuana or have taken more than they are prepared for. The interface caused by the THC on the brain is what causes these feelings. To understand how marijuana affects the brain, you need to know about the parts of the brain that are affected by THC. Here are the basics:Neurons are the cells that process information in the brain. Chemicals called neurotransmitters allow neurons to communicate with each other.
    Neurotransmitters transmit impulses across the synapse, between two neurons and bind to protein receptors, which enable numerous functions and permit the brain and body to be turned on and off.
    Foreign chemicals, like THC, can simulate or block actions of neurotransmitters and impede normal functions.

Within your brain, there are groups of receptors called the ‘cannabinoid receptors’. They are concentrated in several different places. These cannabinoid receptors have an effect on several mental and physical activities, including:
    Short-term memory
    Coordination
    Learning
    Problem solving
    Cannabinoid receptors are triggered by a neurotransmitter called anandamide. Anandamide belongs to a collection of compounds called cannabinoids. An example of a cannabinoid is THC. THC works by mimicking the actions of anandamide, meaning that THC binds with cannabinoid receptors and activates neurons, which causes effects on the mind and body.

Cannabinoid receptors in the brain

High concentrations of cannabinoid receptors are present in the hippocampus, cerebellum and basal ganglia. The hippocampus is situated within the temporal lobe and is significant for short-term memory. Once the THC binds with the cannabinoid receptors inside the hippocampus, it hinders the recollection of recent events. THC also affects coordination, which is controlled by the cerebellum. The basal ganglia controls involuntary muscle movements, which is another reason why motor coordination may be impaired whilst under the influence.