Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

iPhone 5 is announced... will you be getting one?

Comments

• LiveFreeDieLiveFreeDie Posts: 8,055 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Maybe sometime in the future
    My iPhone 5 is shipping from China today. w00t
    Death is not the worst of evils. You can't be down, when you're always high.
    edited September 2012
    Reuters reports on a new court filing from Samsung revealing that the company is preparing to add Apple's new iPhone 5 to a lawsuit currently underway in the United States seeking to ban Apple's devices from sale in the country over patent infringement.

"Based on information currently available, Samsung expects that the iPhone 5 will infringe the asserted Samsung patents-in-suit in the same way as the other accused iPhone models."

Samsung said in a separate statement on Thursday: "Apple continues to take aggressive legal measures that will limit market competition. Under these circumstances, we have little choice but to take the steps necessary to protect our innovations and intellectual property rights."
    FOSS Patents has more on the filing, which notes that Samsung still needs to analyze the iPhone 5 upon its release to confirm that the device contains the same functionality being targeted in Apple's other models already included in the suit.

After bringing formal infringement contentions, Samsung could ask for a preliminary injunction against the iPhone 5. It does not mention that possiblity, but it's a procedural fact that a preliminary injunction can only be requested in connection with a lawsuit that will result in either the dissolution of the preliminary injunction or its conversion into a permanent one.
    Samsung's suit alleges that Apple's devices infringe a variety of Samsung-held patents, including several that have been declared essential to mobile communications technology.

http://www.macrumors.com/2012/09/20/samsung-preparing-to-add-iphone-5-to-u-s-patent-lawsuit/

tl;dr version: Samsung wants to prevent the iPhone 5 from being sold in the U.S.

I feel like this news getting out is going to make people who were thinking about getting the iPhone 5 want to get it now more then ever in case that it might be banned.
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    Fuck Yes
    Or people will realize these things get tied up in court forever and no one will care
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Fuck Yes
    I really hope I get my iphone5 tomorrow. The guys over at Radioshack said they will have them 8am friday morning.... I just hope they come through.
  • NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    Fuck No
    Well, Apple wants to do the same exact thing to them with the SIII and other devices
    imageimage
    Haha, I really don't have anything against samsung or any other phone makers. They are just cell phones.

I just prefer the iPhone.
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,661 master of ceremonies
    I like the iphone 5 but Galaxy S3 is still the better phone right now.
    Fuck Yes

I like the iphone 5 but Galaxy S3 is still the better phone right now.

I dont think anyone would argue that. But what the S3 doesnt give you is Apples ecosystem, Apples outdated but very stable user interface, and the image of having an Iphone.
    Fuck Yes
    The thing I am looking forward to the most is the integration with my appltTV's and other apple products. im excited.
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    Fuck No
    how much is the new iphone gonna cost at the beginning?
    Fuck Yes
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,661 master of ceremonies
    NolaMetal said:

16GB $200, 32GB $300, and 64GB $400 and those prices are without a contract. If you want to upgrade while on contract looking between $600-$800.
    Fuck Yes
    NolaMetal said:

mine - 300. I bought the 32GB version.
    Fuck Yes
    I had heard that they weren't letting people upgrade before the contract was fully up. I'm about 5 months away from mine being done and they said I could upgrade to the 5.
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    Fuck No
    and what exactly makes it worth 300 + dollars?
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,705 spicy boy
    Android FTW
    Apple sues Samsung
    Samsung sues Apple
    Motorola Droid profit??
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
    Fuck Yes

I had heard that they weren't letting people upgrade before the contract was fully up. I'm about 5 months away from mine being done and they said I could upgrade to the 5.

yeah... if you contract isnt up and you want to upgrade you have to pay full price. I know someone doing that. My contract was up last April.
  • NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    Fuck No
    Even if you get the 200 one it'll cost about 300 or more after taxes and getting apples protection plan. Yes, you have to go through apple with protection as well
    imageimage