Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Favorite Pink Floyd Album?

1235»

Comments

• HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Animals
    Megadeth sucks. /discussion.
  • streetsstreets Posts: 3,351 just the tip
    Wish You Were Here
    Have A Cigar > most other PF songs IMO
  • WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    The Wall
    because those three bands are arguably the greatest 3 in the genre trash metal. And when you say "I have two bands that are tied for my favorite and the first one is pink floyd" That causes me to think "Oh... This dude knows music because one of his favorite bands is arguably one of the greatest bands in classic rock. I wonder what his other favorite band is? Is it Zeppelin? Or is it some other arguably great band of another genre?".... Then you throw out Megadeth who isnt arguably the best band in thrash metal. So it makes me think "oh that's wierd. I thought he was going somewhere different with that".

Had you said it the other way around "I have two favorite bands, and one of them is megadeth" my response would have been (no comment). Who cares what your other favorite band is when your first is Megadeth :))
    "because those three bands are arguably the greatest 3 in the genre trash metal" - I seriously lol'ed at that btw, Kreator are badass but Metallica? Seriously? To each their own.

"Then you throw out Megadeth who isnt arguably the best band in thrash metal." - In YOUR opinion.

"So it makes me think "oh that's wierd." - Why? Not everyone has the same opinion on every band.
    -

/discussion. :P
    Incorrect, not in my opinion... I'm just talking about a general consensus. based on concert attendance, and album sales, and the general feeling from various metalboards that I frequent. Perhaps my sample size is too small.

If we are talking about my opinion, my opinion is that I am not much of a fan of thrash metal.
    The Wall
    However I dont think the genre sucks, and can respect people who do like the genre or bands from the genre.
  • drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Animals
    I would say that the largest percentages in that vote would be between Metallica, Kreator, Overkill, and Slayer. I personally believe that Megadeth wouldnt even be close to the 4th place of those votes. Megadeth might be the 5th ranked, I'll give you that....

I aint saying they are shit, or you are wrong for them being tied for #1.... Only saying I found it weird and surprising to hear you say that. Had you said Overkill, Metallica, or Kreator, I wouldnt have commented.
    Megadeth and Slayer are the most popular of the big 4 in metal circles. Metallica doesn't count, but bands like Overkill and Kreator are far, far behind Megadeth and Slayer in that regard.

Outside of Europe, where Kreator could headline a huge festival, but on the other hand, so could Megadeth.
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
    The Wall
    Why doesnt metallica count?
  • fucketh_thine_selffucketh_thine_self Posts: 3,363 just the tip
    Wish You Were Here
    Have A Cigar > most other PF songs IMO
    i agree, although i have a soft spot for "see emily play" and i dont know why
    Animals
    They don't make thrash anymore.

So much of the metal listening population dislikes Metallica because they think they sold out that I think they'd be a non-factor.
    The Wall
    They don't make thrash anymore.

So much of the metal listening population dislikes Metallica because they think they sold out that I think they'd be a non-factor.
    Well If I had to pick a trash metal band to be my fav, I'd probably pick metallica. I can look past the whole napster and sellout thing, and realize that MOP/RTL/JFA are three of the greatest albums to come out of the 80's.

Based on the crowd reaction at the Big 4 concert I went to, and looking around at the fans singing the tunes.... I'd guess there are many more metallica fans then slayer or Megadeth. Not even close.
    Animals
    Based on the crowd reaction at the Big 4 concert I went to, and looking around at the fans singing the tunes.... I'd guess there are many more metallica fans then slayer or Megadeth. Not even close.
    You're right, Metallica does have a lot more fans, but you said if you grouped in thrash metalheads. In the current metal community, Megadeth is more popular, however in the musical community as a whole, Metallica is more popular.

I agree that Metallica made some kickass albums back in the day, but that's not their legacy in metal.
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    The Dark Side of the Moon
    see emily play > every song on animals
  • ...... Posts: 31,548 master of ceremonies
    The Wall
    Megadeth sucks. /discussion.
    Megadeth > every hardcore band ever. [-(
    inb4lists
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    The Dark Side of the Moon
    lolno
  • HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Animals
    Facefuck been huffing paint ships?
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    The Wall
    Dark Side of the Moon is a close second
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    The Wall
    You're right, Metallica does have a lot more fans, but you said if you grouped in thrash metalheads. In the current metal community, Megadeth is more popular, however in the musical community as a whole, Metallica is more popular.

I agree that Metallica made some kickass albums back in the day, but that's not their legacy in metal.
    Their mark on the musical community as a whole is just The Black Album, then a few songs from Load and ReLoad.

It's funny how with the 5-6 singles that have had mainstream success they're pretty much the biggest metal band in the world, when other artists who dominate the current industry have successful singles up in the double digits.
  • Warrior_YohnWarrior_Yohn Posts: 473 juggalo