Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Favorite Pink Floyd Album?

Comments

• Options
    HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Animals
    I don't really look at it as "Roger isnt there so it sucks". Division Bell for example... I actually like the album quit a bit. It sounds much more Pink Floyd then MLOR. Although I believe they paid people to come in and help them write a pink Floyd sounding album, but the album is solid and I enjoy it from time to time.
    its a fact they had writers come in and help them. Some people can write lyrics some cant some people can write guitar solos and riffs, some cant. I mean Waters cant play the guitar that well, he hired Eric Clapton to play on the pros and cons album, with no music and just lyrics, its poetry. It goes both ways. The shit waters puts out now is like WTF? hhaa
    btw - I was wondering where Bianca was today... I posted for like 4-5 hours and not one of my posts was marked Troll. If im being honest, I was getting a little concerned. I thought perhaps she might have taken a trip to the beach, and was mistakenly confused for a beached whale and thrown back in ocean. That would have been sad.... kinda.
    lolwut? I'll flag your post for you!

What did you think of my point on people here not liking Floyd, its kinda weird right?
  • Options
    Animals
    Also, all their albums have something good to give in them. Event hose crazy old ones back in the day. I listened to them tripping balls when I was younger, they were awesome. The very first one Piper is really good, it actually sounds like the beatles/stones back then around the same time, but then they went off onto their crazy stages... But i like all their albums, the only thing I could hope for is Waters, Gilmour and Mason to one day write a new one. Doubtfull doe...
  • Options
    WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    The Wall
    I just wish Gilmour had realized that he isnt much of a lyricist, before releasing MLOR. At least they learned from their mistakes on Division Bell. The difference between Waters and Gilmour, is Waters knew he couldnt play guitar well and so he didnt release a shitty album with him trying :))

Obviously I agree with your post about people here not liking Pink Floyd. I don't get it but whatever.... I guess im just lucky.
  • Options
    Animals
    yeah but then that goes back to the fact that that album isnt that shitty, i brought up 3 songs that rule. Even Floyds worst album is better than most.
  • Options
    The Wall
    I think people who dont like floyd need to chill the fuck out and start enjoying life.
  • Options
    ...... Posts: 31,548 master of ceremonies
    The Wall
    Yeah but Animals and WYWH were also concept albums...
    Dude, you and I are the biggest Floyd fans here-
    :-w
    inb4lists
  • Options
    OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    The Dark Side of the Moon
    I'll make myself sound like a typical beginner stoner during his freshman year in college and say DSOTM.
    I love winning with women
  • Options
    Animals
    You can't go wrong here Alex, there is no wrong answer.
  • Options
    The Wall
    George and myself would say Pink Floyd is our #1 band. There is no other band that we like more then Pink Floyd. Well maybe I shouldnt speak for george, but he has given me that opinion. Would you say the same?
  • Options
    Animals
    yeah PF is my favorite band.
  • Options
    The Wall
    It isnt even close for me... If I had to live my life on a deserted isle and was told I could have 1 mp3 player loaded with songs from any one person or group - I wouldnt even hesitate and say Pink Floyd. If I could get away with saying Roger Waters life work and have it include all his Pink Floyd stuff, then that would be my real choice. I can easily live without MLOR and DB for Rogers solo work. Pro's and Con's of Hitchhiking =P~
  • Options
    SandyVaginaSandyVagina Posts: 618 just the tip
    Meddle
    Meddle is pretty far down the list for me... my list would go something like

The Wall
    The Final Cut
    Wish you were Here
    Animals
    Dark Side of the Moon
    Meddle.
    that's exactly my list - backwards. except Pipers instead of Final Cut
    not a big fan of the last two albums
    and no love for the first four? I'm a big Syd Barrett fan. dude was a tortured genius.
  • Options
    The Wall
    What can I say, Im a Roger Waters fan. Syd's stuff was a little weird for my tastes. Perhaps I just never did enough LSD to truly appreciate it :)
  • Options
    Animals
    LSD or GTFO [-(
  • Options
    The Wall
    George and myself would say Pink Floyd is our #1 band. There is no other band that we like more then Pink Floyd. Well maybe I shouldnt speak for george, but he has given me that opinion. Would you say the same?
    Tied for #1 .... :-\"
    inb4lists
  • Options
    The Wall
    And even though i picked The Wall, my favorite PF song will always be Time.
    inb4lists
  • Options
    Animals
    Tied with who?
  • Options
    The Wall
    Megadeth.
    inb4lists
  • Options
  • Options
    fucketh_thine_selffucketh_thine_self Posts: 3,363 just the tip
    Wish You Were Here
    no ummagumma??
    i'm kidding but i have ummgumma on vinyl as well as 2 copies of darkside of the moon on vinyl.
    also i would have to say that the wall is probably my least favourite Floyd album but i think its mostly because of how over played it is. another brick in the wall is by far my least favourite song by them.