Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Favorite Pink Floyd Album?

Comments

• Options
    HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Animals
    y u mad doe? u seem upset?

idc why you like floyd, you just made it seem like wwh and animals werent concept albums o i made the correction. I like Waters lyrics and concepts as well, but i think the music is overall better on the other 2 and Darkside of the moon, I love the wall, i spent $250 a ticket to get floor seats coming up next month, I just think Floyds best work is when they werre all working well together.
  • Options
    Animals
    and shame on you for not having a funny "deal with it pic" [-X
  • Options
    WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    The Wall
    y u mad doe? u seem upset?
    Im probably on edge because of shit at work... my bad. didnt mean to come off grumpy.

Yeah I love all of waters concept albums from The Dark Side of the Moon to Amused to death. This excludes Momentary lapse of reason (awful album) and Division bell (this album is okay). Although not a concept I really like Meddle.
  • Options
    Animals
    Meddle is my 2nd favorite floyd album...
  • Options
    The Wall
    Meddle is pretty far down the list for me... my list would go something like

The Wall
    The Final Cut
    Wish you were Here
    Animals
    Dark Side of the Moon
    Meddle.
  • Options
    Animals
    Animals
    Meddle
    Dark Side of the Moon
    Wish you were Here
    The Wall
    The Final Cut

• Options
    The Wall
    why would you list DSOTM over WYWH... Being someone who loves Gilmours guitars, I'd have thought WYWH would come in before DSOTM
  • Options
    The Wall
    where does Momentary Lapse of Reason rank on your list?
  • Options
    Animals
    why would you list DSOTM over WYWH... Being someone who loves Gilmours guitars, I'd have thought WYWH would come in before DSOTM
    I just love that entire album. I dont know its just my opinion. I grew up on that album, its the first one I ever heard, it will never get old to me. I love wywh too, i just love darkside.
    prolly last.

• Options
    The Wall
    The thing I love about the Final Cut is some of the Lyrics.

"I HELD the BLADE in trembling hands prepared to make it BUT................ Just then the phone rang, I never had the nerve to make the final CUT."

You know the Final Cut is an continuation of the Wall... It's a concept that can be thought of as Pink's dealing with the world outside the wall. It's very personal and very raw. Very antiwar and roger's feelings about his dad. Anyone who loves the wall should naturally love the final cut.
  • Options
    Animals
    I like all their albums like I said, even amlor just for the instrumental work, theres some nasty riffs and solos in there. Learning to fly kicks ass...

• Options
  • Options
    The Wall
    yeah learning to fly is a great song, but one great song doesnt make an album. Especially if the rest of the album is... welll... that. Yeah I pointed to the whole album. Every other song on Momentary lapse of reason is complete garbage.
  • Options
    The Wall
    prolly last.

\m/ Best thing you said all week.
  • Options
    The Wall
    I like all their albums like I said, even amlor just for the instrumental work, theres some nasty riffs and solos in there. Learning to fly kicks ass...

yeah I like almost all albums with the name Pink Floyd... Momentary Lapse of Reason being dead last as the only song I'd listen to from there was Learning to Fly.

It's funny - I have this good friend who once said to me "I can't stand Pink Floyd and don't know why anyone would like that garbage.... However they did make one good album that I love. Momentary lapse of reason"

I just started laughing. He was dead serious.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    The Wall
    :)) =)) lololol... that's funny how Fett is sitting all homosexual.
  • Options
    Animals
    this song rules too doe...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5EDqQtnRrc

I wish you would look at it as a different band rather then like oh Roger isnt there cause the album isnt as bad as you make it seem, you said before it was the worst album you ever heard, i mean cmon. I just think you hold anomosity they booted him out the band, but even Roger admitted he was being a Nazi back in the days... I mean these guys were all in the band and all had a hand in writing all the albums up to Animals, then Roger just took over and didnt want to hear shit from anyone. I dont think thats fair, it wasnt his band they all started it along with sid. Like I said I think their best work is when they were all working well together. But I think if you looked at AMLOR in a different light instead of just Roger isnt there, you would have a higher opinion of it, it isnt close to the best floyd album, but it doesnt suck.
  • Options
    Animals
    Know what surprises me the most and is strangely odd? On a site where the music popularity is predominately metal, me you and Catz are like the only ones who really love FLoyd. Thats strange to me cause most metal fans, bands, producers, artists, ect... love FLoyd. I mean they are such an inspiration to the metal scene. Its surprising that so many people are liek meh, I dont get it. The first time I mentioned Floyd on here and got a negative responce, I thought niggas was trolling, lol... <_>
  • Options
    The Wall
    I don't really look at it as "Roger isnt there so it sucks". Division Bell for example... I actually like the album quit a bit. It sounds much more Pink Floyd then MLOR. Although I believe they paid people to come in and help them write a pink Floyd sounding album, but the album is solid and I enjoy it from time to time.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    The Wall
    btw - I was wondering where Bianca was today... I posted for like 4-5 hours and not one of my posts was marked Troll. If im being honest, I was getting a little concerned. I thought perhaps she might have taken a trip to the beach, and was mistakenly confused for a beached whale and thrown back in ocean. That would have been sad.... kinda.