Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Favorite Pink Floyd Album?

Comments

• Options
    WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    The Wall
    Megadeth.
    man that's weird. I thought you were going to say Led Zeppelin. and really surprised it's a band that isnt even the best at their thrash metal genre.
  • Options
    HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Animals
    I love that song..

I have all their albums on Vinyl. I just had to pick 4 to cut cause you can only make 10 poll answers. i figured noone would go for Ummgumma, lol
  • Options
    fucketh_thine_selffucketh_thine_self Posts: 3,363 just the tip
    Wish You Were Here
    yeah i wouldnt have voted for it but its still pretty good.
    are your vinyls vintage? or reprints?
  • Options
    Animals
    i wave WYWH and DSOTM, piper, Saucerful of secrets vintage, the rest are reprints.
  • Options
    Wish You Were Here
    i dunno why but i prefer the vintage albums
  • Options
    Animals
    dude, tbh i barely listen to my vinyls, i have a record player, i mostly just collect them for hobby. I got all my music on an ipod now, lol... but when im cleainng up or soing something around the house, i'll throw a record on \m/
  • Options
    Wish You Were Here
    yeah i mostly just listen to music on my computer, but there is something about that old vinyl sound thats awesome. i use to always break my records out when i was having parties until a girl one time decided to scratch it like a DJ and that was the end of my records being left out for others to enjoy
  • Options
    Animals
    i use to always break my records out when i was having parties until a girl one time decided to scratch it like a DJ and that was the end of my records being left out for others to enjoy

dude I hope you scratched her face after that.... I would be madd pissed.
  • Options
    ...... Posts: 31,548 master of ceremonies
    edited June 2012
    The Wall
    Megadeth.
    man that's weird. I thought you were going to say Led Zeppelin. and really surprised it's a band that isnt even the best at their thrash metal genre.
    Who is to say who the "best" is? Imo they are the 2nd and Overkill are #1, but obviously you would disagree so it doesn't make it fact, Megadeth are the band that got me into metal, I love everything they've ever done, even Risk(fukkovs), i am also a massive Pink Floyd fan, they were one of the the bands that got me into Prog and rock music in general, i shouldn't need to explain any of it to you.
    inb4lists
  • Options
    Animals
    Facefuck <_>
  • Options
    The Wall
    Hoods <_>
    inb4lists
  • Options
    Animals
    Facefuck <_>
  • Options
    The Wall
    Hoods <_>
    Hoods <_>
    Hoods <_>
    inb4lists
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    The Wall
    inb4lists
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    The Wall
    Megadeth.
    Who is to say who the "best" is? Imo they are the 2nd and Overkill are #1, but obviously you would disagree so it doesn't make it fact, Megadeth are the band that got me into metal, I love everything they've ever done, even Risk(fukkovs), i am also a massive Pink Floyd fan, they were one of the the bands that got me into Prog and rock music in general, i shouldn't need to explain any of it to you.
    dude- I aint got problems with you really loving megadeth, but to answer your question about who is to say who is the "best", my answer is general consensus. If you get a million thrash metalhead in a room and ask them to vote on the best thrash metal band, Megadeth isnt going to be that band and you gotta admit that. It's fine that they are your band, nothing wrong with that... but when you are saying your all time 2 fav bands are Floyd (very arguably one of the greatest classic rock bands) and then you throw out Megadeth.... It's just a little weird that is all. Had you said Floyd and Death, i'd be like "I can understand that, Floyd (very arguably one of the greatest classic rock bands) and Death (very arguably one of the greatest Death Metal bands) and depending on his mood"
  • Options
    The Wall
    Megadeth.
    If you get a million thrash metalhead in a room and ask them to vote on the best thrash metal band, Megadeth isnt going to be that band and you gotta admit that.
    I know they wouldn't all pick Megadeth, and I'm pretty sure every well known Thrash band would get at least 1 vote, so there is no way anyone can truly say a certain thrash band is the "best".
    inb4lists
  • Options
    The Wall
    I would say that the largest percentages in that vote would be between Metallica, Kreator, Overkill, and Slayer. I personally believe that Megadeth wouldnt even be close to the 4th place of those votes. Megadeth might be the 5th ranked, I'll give you that....

I aint saying they are shit, or you are wrong for them being tied for #1.... Only saying I found it weird and surprising to hear you say that. Had you said Overkill, Metallica, or Kreator, I wouldnt have commented.
  • Options
    The Wall
    I would say that the largest percentages in that vote would be between Metallica, Kreator, Overkill, and Slayer. I personally believe that Megadeth wouldnt even be close to the 4th place of those votes. Megadeth might be the 5th ranked, I'll give you that....

Had you said Overkill, Metallica, or Kreator, I wouldnt have commented.
    Why? It shouldn't make any difference whatsoever lol
    inb4lists
  • Options
    The Wall
    because those three bands are arguably the greatest 3 in the genre trash metal. And when you say "I have two bands that are tied for my favorite and the first one is pink floyd" That causes me to think "Oh... This dude knows music because one of his favorite bands is arguably one of the greatest bands in classic rock. I wonder what his other favorite band is? Is it Zeppelin? Or is it some other arguably great band of another genre?".... Then you throw out Megadeth who isnt arguably the best band in thrash metal. So it makes me think "oh that's wierd. I thought he was going somewhere different with that".

Had you said it the other way around "I have two favorite bands, and one of them is megadeth" my response would have been (no comment). Who cares what your other favorite band is when your first is Megadeth :))
  • Options
    The Wall
    because those three bands are arguably the greatest 3 in the genre trash metal. And when you say "I have two bands that are tied for my favorite and the first one is pink floyd" That causes me to think "Oh... This dude knows music because one of his favorite bands is arguably one of the greatest bands in classic rock. I wonder what his other favorite band is? Is it Zeppelin? Or is it some other arguably great band of another genre?".... Then you throw out Megadeth who isnt arguably the best band in thrash metal. So it makes me think "oh that's wierd. I thought he was going somewhere different with that".

Had you said it the other way around "I have two favorite bands, and one of them is megadeth" my response would have been (no comment). Who cares what your other favorite band is when your first is Megadeth :))
    "because those three bands are arguably the greatest 3 in the genre trash metal" - I seriously lol'ed at that btw, Kreator are badass but Metallica? Seriously? To each their own.

"Then you throw out Megadeth who isnt arguably the best band in thrash metal." - In YOUR opinion.

"So it makes me think "oh that's wierd." - Why? Not everyone has the same opinion on every band.
    -

/discussion. :P
    inb4lists