Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

High On Fire Forced To Pull Out Of Mayhem Festival.

Comments

• NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    there was nothing in that interview that said they werent being replaced
    I would say they're not going to be replaced
    imageimage
  • LiveFreeDieLiveFreeDie Posts: 8,055 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Wellllll, on the Mayhem Festival facebook page a few days ago they made a post asking which band you would like to see HoF replaced with.

Whatever thats worth...
    Death is not the worst of evils. You can't be down, when you're always high.
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    Then Wolverine might be talking out of his ass, who knows.
  • MenAreTrashMenAreTrash Posts: 27,667 spicy boy
    I just checked the mayhem facebook page and the last I saw about a replacement for HoF was when they announced HoF was dropping off. Then earlier this month they announced BTM. I don't think they're replacing HoF's spot on the Jager stage with a new band.
  • That_Guy_ArloThat_Guy_Arlo Posts: 14,026 master of ceremonies
    Just listened to the interview.....he said the third stage will be running up through Slayer, not the second one....
    Was looking forward to seeing UABB and I, The Breather.......but whatever, as long as I can see AILD without any trouble.
    I couldn't care less about missing Motorhead, honestly.
  • TiradesOfTruthTiradesOfTruth Posts: 8,055 destroyer of motherfuckers
    As long as the Jager stage isn't running with Anthrax while Motorhead is on I will be happy.
  • HeisenbergHeisenberg Posts: 10,361 balls deep
    yo xeno heres something with an actual link

Oakland, CA metal band HIGH ON FIRE has announced that it will be forced to miss this summer's Rockstar Energy Drink Mayhem Festival as celebrated front man and guitarist Matt Pike (also of SLEEP) enters treatment for alcohol rehabilitation. The award winning power trio (also featuring drummer Des Kensel and bassist Jeff Matz) will put its scheduled touring plans on hold indefinitely as Pike takes the necessary steps towards regaining his health.

"High on Fire would like to thank everyone involved with the Rockstar Energy Drink Mayhem Festival for the opportunity to be a part of this year's tour," said the band in a statement.

"We regretfully will have to bow out as our friend and bandmate begins his recovery, but very much appreciate having been asked to be a part of this summer's festival run."

HIGH ON FIRE's new album De Vermis Mysteriis was released on April 3 via eOne Music and debuted at #61 on the Billboard Top 200 Chart in its first week of release. The album's charting position represents the highest of the band's storied 14 year career.

Mayhem is finalizing a replacement to be announced soon
    Mayhem Denver '08, Albuquereque '09/'10/'11 2012 ????????? peyton manning broncos Pictures, Images and Photos
  • AdamAdam Posts: 11,533 balls deep
    the only band on the
    Sumerian stage i care about is UABB. fuck those other two bands.
    Mayhem Denver '08, Albuquereque '09/'10/'11 2012 ????????? peyton manning broncos Pictures, Images and Photos
    I would kind of like to check out UABB but it wouldn't hurt me if I missed them.
    yo xeno heres something with an actual link

Oakland, CA metal band HIGH ON FIRE has announced that it will be forced to miss this summer's Rockstar Energy Drink Mayhem Festival as celebrated front man and guitarist Matt Pike (also of SLEEP) enters treatment for alcohol rehabilitation. The award winning power trio (also featuring drummer Des Kensel and bassist Jeff Matz) will put its scheduled touring plans on hold indefinitely as Pike takes the necessary steps towards regaining his health.

"High on Fire would like to thank everyone involved with the Rockstar Energy Drink Mayhem Festival for the opportunity to be a part of this year's tour," said the band in a statement.

"We regretfully will have to bow out as our friend and bandmate begins his recovery, but very much appreciate having been asked to be a part of this summer's festival run."

HIGH ON FIRE's new album De Vermis Mysteriis was released on April 3 via eOne Music and debuted at #61 on the Billboard Top 200 Chart in its first week of release. The album's charting position represents the highest of the band's storied 14 year career.

Mayhem didn't announced BTM until after that blog post. BTM jumped the gun and announced themselves before Mayhem had finalized everything.
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    I'm not going this year. Too much bullshit for not a good lineup
    Already bought my tickets, and there are still enough bands on the lineup to make me want to go.
    Its whatever the line up is good enough for me. Its kinda like 2010 where I didn't watch one band on the Silver Star stage just like I won't be watching any band on the Sumerian Stage this year, Well I might watch UABB but that's irrelevant.
    I wish I had watched Winds of Plague in 2010. It was one of their last tours before they went all wigger on everybody.

There was also the emotional distress of missing Hatebreed :(
    Now why would you miss Hatebreed?
    that was stupid of you xeno
    Ive been to every mayhem seen pretty much every band
    hatebreed was head over heals better than 99% of all the bands that have been on mayhem
    It wasn't my decision, I was 14 and the adult I was with wanted to see 5FDP over Hatebreed. There was an overlap because A7X was added to my date.