Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Comic books

Comments

• FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    Yeah i stopped reading DC about a year ago and just dropped all my Marvel books a few months ago. The events are lame and even when you find a book you like (Punisher, Moon Knight) they cancel it after 12 issues and reboot it 2 months later as issue #1. 

Marvel is doing Civil War 2 :| they're completely out of ideas. I've been catching up on Army Of Darkness and I picked up the first trade of IDW Ninja Turtles doe \m/
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,697 spicy boy
    The IDW TMNT is my favorite book still. Solid. Walking Dead is still good too. I need to catch up on Army of Darkness. And I added the new Power Rangers series that is coming out to my pull list. 
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
    Are the Power Rangers books still through Paper Cutz?
    Power Rangers are with Boom now. 
    The variant covers for issue 1 are SICK
    The variant covers for issue 1 are SICK
    Damn might have to cop :-?
    The Green Ranger, White Ranger, and Red Ranger with the Dragon Armor are especially awesome. 
    Joker and Harley still look like ass, and it looks like they aren't going to portray Harley's accent. 

But the movie looks better than expected.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmRih_VtVAs
    Yeah i have 0 hype for the movie, but that trailer didnt look too bad.
  • WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I need some help... I want to get a comic book subscription from marvel but I don't know what to choose. I've not been into comics for 20 years. Here are some ideas I have

1. Star Wars : Poe Dameron - it will start with issue 1
    2. Amazing Spider-Man
    3. Deadpool
    4. Star Wars

these are ones that look interesting to me, however if there is a better one I should look at please recommend. I'd like to stay with Marvel instead if jumping over to DC. Marvel is cheaper basically which is why I'd like to pick one and see how it goes for a year. 
    I need some help... I want to get a comic book subscription from marvel but I don't know what to choose. I've not been into comics for 20 years. Here are some ideas I have

1. Star Wars : Poe Dameron - it will start with issue 1
    2. Amazing Spider-Man
    3. Deadpool
    4. Star Wars

these are ones that look interesting to me, however if there is a better one I should look at please recommend. I'd like to stay with Marvel instead if jumping over to DC. Marvel is cheaper basically which is why I'd like to pick one and see how it goes for a year. 
    Honestly, I havent been closely following Marvel or DC lately. They've jumped the shark in every sense. Killing off characters, bringing people back, changing characters origin for the sake of change, putting new people into established heroes roles, putting established heroes into other established heroes roles, rehashing story ideas... 

Its worse than the 90s Clone wars man. 

Out of all the comics I currently read, IDW's TMNT, and Image's The Walking Dead are the most consistent. 

My brother reads a lot of indies too. But he also closely follows anything DC puts out that is Bat family related, and Deadpool on Marvel's end. 
    So I checked out TMNT on IDW and they appear to not offer subscriptions! Lame!

Image comics are expensive for subscriptions and they charge for shipping. You basically pay a dollar more to get it delivered as oppose to picking it up. Lame. 

Marvel offers 40% off for subscriptions. That's a great deal
  • SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
    Prepare to be confused
    SATAN said:
    Prepare to be confused
    If I go with marvel you mean?

this is semi related but I am also looking for other magazines to subscribe too. Some I've been considering include Maxim, Revolver, and Populat Science. Thoughts?
    Fuck Revolver. Get Decibel instead. 

As for comics, yeah its a giant shitshow right now. Tough to get into because these stupid events and crossovers. And half of it sucks. 
    What about Maxim? I use to read that back in college and it was awesome. I only stopped subscribing because my bitch ass ex-wife was threatened by me reading good mags with hot girls on the cover

what about the 4 marvel comics I listed above.... Would anyone give a half way thumbs up on any of those 4? 
  • DimeDime Posts: 10,239 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Amazing Spider-Man is a Goddamn beginner one and is a pretty good one if you absolutely have to start with Marvel. 
    It's not that I have to start with marvel... I just want mail subscriptions at a reasonable price... I want a variety of content too. 1 comic, 1 chick mag with gadgets, 1 science mag, 1 music mag. Basically I want reading material when I'm taking a shit besides the books I read. 

When im taking a shit, last thing I want to read is 1984. Makes me mad and that's no way to take a shit 
    It's not that I have to start with marvel... I just want mail subscriptions at a reasonable price... I want a variety of content too. 1 comic, 1 chick mag with gadgets, 1 science mag, 1 music mag. Basically I want reading material when I'm taking a shit besides the books I read. 

When im taking a shit, last thing I want to read is 1984. Makes me mad and that's no way to take a shit 
    Look into Comixology