Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The Concert Review Thread

Comments

• SantanaSantana Posts: 16,743 juggalo
    The drive is actually 4 hours and 20 minutes. Plus I don't have a car, probably won't have one until at least New Years
  • HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
    yea it sucks ozzfest isnt touring the whole us this year...
  • NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    yea it sucks ozzfest isnt touring the whole us this year...
    I agree
    imageimage
  • slip_knotslip_knot Posts: 512 juggalo
    4 hours and 20 minutes.
    I see what you did there 4/20
    Hopefully ozzfest does a full run next year
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    Hopefully ozzfest does a full run next year
    uh...i wouldnt count on it
    Well we'l have to just wait and see
  • BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I made sure to go this year just in case something happens to Ozzy/it's the last Ozzfest
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,281 mod
    Jay review that MegaDave.

• Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,593 spicy boy
    Lolz.

Not saying this to be a dick, but I'd honestly feel bad fighting him, he's pretty small.
    size means nothing in a street fight
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    Jay review that MegaDave.
    I'll get to it.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
    Lolz.

Not saying this to be a dick, but I'd honestly feel bad fighting him, he's pretty small.
    size means nothing in a street fight
    Size means nothing in a regular fight

• JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    You wouldn't know. <_>
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
    You wouldn't know. <_>
    I've sparred people who are 6'4" before and I had no problem, stop being lazy and get to that review.

• Razor_SharkRazor_Shark Posts: 12,604 balls deep
    I went to a small club last wednesday and saw Enthroned, Destroyer 666, Pathology, HOD, and Disfigured.

Disfigured was really cool, they looked like they were nervous on stage but they were awesome, their guitarist looked like Carlos Santana playing awesome metal. What was sad is they couldn't get the crowd moving at all, not much to comment on outside of that, I never heard of them before that night, I talked to the guitarist and vocalist after their set and they were pretty cool guys.

HOD came on next, they are another band I hadn't heard of, and another band that really impressed me, again they couldn't get the crowd moving outside of 4 or 5 pits with maybe 2 or 3 people max in them.

Pathology was the dissapointment of the night, I was really looking forward to this band, but I think they had a standin guitarist because he looked like it was his first time on stage, and he followed exactly what the bassist was playing the whole time, needless to say, no pits for this band.

Destroyer 666 was the band of the night, the crowd was dense and the pits got pretty wild at times, this made the show more than worth what I paid, simply incredible performance. My only complaint is their equipment kept having minor problems and they would stop playing halfway through songs but the other guys would keep going, I may have been the only person who noticed though, they would also have long breaks between songs for one of their tech guys to walk through the crowd to hand the vocalist a guitar.

Enthroned was a really good headliner but I think they got the Van Halen opening up for Ted Nugent treatment, where an opening band is so awesome that they overshadow the headliner, no pits, and the crowd really thinned out for these guys, which allowed me to get a better look at the band and also get right next to the stage, one complaint is it seemed like the Lead Guitarist's amp was turned down because I couldn't hear his solos, but I could clearly hear the Bass and Rhythm guitar, probably just my ears ringing at that point though.

Disfigured 7/10
    HOD 8/10
    Pathology 3/10
    Destroyer 666 9.5/10
    Enthroned 8.5/10
  • balanced_void91balanced_void91 Posts: 2,782 balls deep
    edited August 2010
    inb4 Erik

American Carnage short review

Testament - short set =( but truly an awesome band to see live! lots of moshing and crowd was real into it. Chuck Billy is an extraordinary frontman, and Alex Skolnick kicks ass. no Souls of Black though =( 8/10

Megadeth - Still my favorite band to see live. They destroyed all with Rust in Peace! plus some of their other hits. the circle pit got huge and crazy. lol at a fatty and a douchebag getting into a fight. Having David Ellefson back in the band is an awesome experience as well. 10/10

Slayer - I was pretty tired by the time they got on stage from moshing and using all of my energy during Megadeth. They played their set alright I guess, nothing to special... *gulch rage caps* BUT I FUCKIN HATE THE MAJORITY OF TRASHY, DRUNK, SMELLY, TOOTHLESS, SLAYER FAN BOYS WHO ARE RETARDED FUCKS WHO ONLY KNOW HOW TO DO THIS " FUCKIN SLAYER!!!!" 'HEY LETS WALK AROUND IN THE PARKING LOT AND ACT OBNOXIOUS AND KEEP YELLING FUCKIN SLAYER!!!!!!!!" "I DONT KNOW SHIT ABOUT MUSIC!! FUCKIN SLAYER" "I'M AN OBVIOUS POSER, FUCKIN SLAYER" I know understand why people like shane hate slayer so much. I love the music but the fan base is just pure white trash that dont even know shit about the band they like, all they know how to do is this "FUCKIN SLAYER" and carve the logo in their arms and fat bal d head! 6/10 for shitty annoying fanbase

shirts were $35 btw! fuck that! I bought a knock off shirt for $20 outside the venue from some people, it had all the bands and dates listed and it looks cool! ripping off my favorite bands FTW =D
  • GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    edited August 2010
    Not any kind of a big show, but it was cool.

My friend won tickets to go see One & Aultimate Ozzy, two tribute bands if you didn't already catch on. It was outdoors at the park area by the river. I thought it would be something to do, and it was fun, but it really showed me more about my city than anything. We get there so early that they don't even take out tickets because we are the only ones there. Eventually we skip the opening band who talked about how they had been together 20 years, but for some reason only cover bands like Anthrax and Judas Priest. We bailed on them and walked downtown and went to Jeds, wasted time and went back. By this time there were more people, all of which were drug addicts, poor people or douchey teens that wanted to annoy people. I mean looking around...it just really showed how shitty it is around here. But everyone still managed to have a good time, even if they were just watching cover bands. I saw this guy who looked to be 75ish wearing a Retirement Sucks '96 tour shirt, probably the last time Ozzy stopped in Toledo.

Aultimate Ozzy was interesting. The singer looked like Ozzy, and had his voice down pat, except he had some kind of accent. Ozzy could clearly sing better than him. Once they started Suicide Solution, the guitarist came down into the crowd and started walking around and playing. Had this been a real show Ozzy show, the guy probably would have been attacked. Anyway he didn't to the long ass solo, it was more of a crowd involvement thing. The drummer severely annoyed the shit out of me and my friends because he couldn't catch the drumstick when he threw it up in the air. I mean this guy was literally 1 for 43, I only saw him catch the last one. During Paranoid, people started going over the barrier, was a little plastic fence post thing, and up the steps to the stage. This makeshift barrier team aka the Toledo Police came in and started pushing people away. The went offstage, came back and played Mama I'm Coming Home.

One, the Metallica tribute band was also surprisingly good. This guy sounded just like James, and look almost like him. Drummer looked like Lars, and certainly had the ego down. He had to be involved in everything when he was drumming. I am in no way saying that this compares to seeing the real Metallica, but they sounded pretty badass, and I didn't have to hear any Death Magnetic or Saint Anger. I also got to hear Harvester of Sorrow, which I believe Metallica skipped last time around. I'll catch them sooner or later, I don't know. I caught a pick, and then another, but I gave it to my friend since I headbutted him like a mofo going for the first one. They also gave out free energy drinks, awesomely titled "666 Energy: Virgin Sacrifice Cherry." My friend caught a "Satan Says Swallow" shirt from them too.
    image Photobucket
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy

Slayer - I was pretty tired by the time they got on stage from moshing and using all of my energy during Megadeth. They played their set alright I guess, nothing to special... *gulch rage caps* BUT I FUCKIN HATE THE MAJORITY OF TRASHY, DRUNK, SMELLY, TOOTHLESS, SLAYER FAN BOYS WHO ARE RETARDED FUCKS WHO ONLY KNOW HOW TO DO THIS " FUCKIN SLAYER!!!!" 'HEY LETS WALK AROUND IN THE PARKING LOT AND ACT OBNOXIOUS AND KEEP YELLING FUCKIN SLAYER!!!!!!!!" "I DONT KNOW SHIT ABOUT MUSIC!! FUCKIN SLAYER" "I'M AN OBVIOUS POSER, FUCKIN SLAYER" I know understand why people like shane hate slayer so much. I love the music but the fan base is just pure white trash that dont even know shit about the band they like, all they know how to do is this "FUCKIN SLAYER" and carve the logo in their arms and fat bal d head! 6/10 for shitty annoying fanbase
    Lol asshurt
  • Its_Meh_ChewIts_Meh_Chew Posts: 7,380 just the tip
    lol. ive seen those idiots. What will be fun though is that the baltimore ruins (first mariner arena), the line is right by the train stop, so there will be alot of people yelling out 'FUCKING SLAYER' at all the blacks and what not getting off the train