Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The Concert Review Thread

Comments

• HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
    edited July 2010
    homdel, nj recap...
    got there round 330, they take my bottle caps off my water which sucks, cause then you cant put them in your pocket.

shadows fall- 6/10, only saw last 2 songs, sounded ok again, good, not great.

norma faggot jean- 0/10, after shadows fall i said to my girl, lets go check out this next band norma jean, i never seen them before. soon as they come on stage the pit turns into a tang soo doo karate event, and the singer comes on stage and spits(i mean hocks a fucking loogie) into the crowd, on his fans. fuck that, i left after that, thats some bullshit, spitting on your fans, i hope they disband and are forgotten forever. i heard them from across the lot waiting for chimaira and they are a horrible band anyway, the spitting on fans thing just made it worse for me, thats disrespectful as shit.

chimiara- 9/10, they were better than last friday in camden. i was closer, the sound was alot better, maybe cause all the trees. they have a great guitar player, they just sound nsync and the vocals were excellent. and i love how them and hatebreed are thankful for the crowd and letting us know their appreciation, not spitting on us.

atreyu- 4/10, i can see why people would like this band, some songs are catchy, but i think theyre on the wrong tour, they shoulda been on warped tour or something. plus i heard them from across the parkinglot waiting for hatebreed.

hatebreed- 11/10, once again best band of the day, best pit, best sound, loudest, this was one of the most fun times i've ever had seeing hatebreed, and i always have fun seeing them. i was in the pit the whole set. i didnt have to protect my bro this time. everyone was into it, the pit went behind the sound booth and stretched across the stage. alot of crowd surfing some ass was on all 4's letting people use him as a launching pad for crowd surfing. hatebreed is soo much fun, dont miss them!

winds of plague- 7/10, i like this band, i dont know why, but i do. i only stayed for a few songs, i was exausted from hatebreed. they just get the crowd going the singer gets really into it. theyre like a hardcore band, with a keyboard. and i think that keyboardist chick is hott.

5fdp- ?/10, rehydrated and got food.

lamb of god- 7/10, they sounded a little better at this place, but they just didnt seem too into it. i think randy wishes he was in hatebreed. there were some nice pits on the lawn, but i cant mosh on the lawn with my fucked up ankle the way it slopes down. i think i would have enjoyed LOG alot more if they played a side stage

rob zombie- 8/10, i realized i dont really like zombie's music all that well, but the show itself is incredible, i got all the way to the front of the lawn and it sounded better down there. i gave him 10/10 for camden cause of the show. 8/10, cause the show is what makes him, if he just played like LOG or hatebreed, it wouldnt be as good. but the effects and fire and shit are what make him. i liked it. it was awesome! he should make another movie

korn- ?/10, i left, was tired and wanted to beat the traffic, plus i'm going to summer slaughter tomorrow, so i didnt feel like waiting a 1/2 hr for korn, and hr for them to play, than prolly 2 hrs stuck in traffic getting home. so i got home at a decent time and im gonna rest up for tomorrow.

haha, i was in giants country up north so all the giants fans were giving me shit about my eagles hat, even beattie from hatebreed had a giants hat. i had fun, glad my girls sister hooked us up with the tix. i finally got to see those crazy metal mulisha dudes it was awesome watching them ride during chimiara. once again, dont miss hatebreed and zombie! and drink madd water
  • BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
    they just sound nsync
    Ain't no lie, baby, bye bye bye
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
  • GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
  • SantanaSantana Posts: 16,743 juggalo
    "singer comes on stage and spits(i mean hocks a fucking loogie) into the crowd, on his fans. fuck that, i left after that, thats some bullshit, spitting on your fans, i hope they disband and are forgotten forever. i heard them from across the lot waiting for chimaira and they are a horrible band anyway, the spitting on fans thing just made it worse for me, thats disrespectful as shit."
    Behemoth spits on their fans but it's like....blood...not loogies lol
    If I was on the rail, I would hope for the singer to come down near the fans then I'd get him right in the face
    yea man, i can understand the fake blood and water or whatever, but to just walk out and straight spit on the crowd, fuck that.
    they just sound nsync
    Ain't no lie, baby, bye bye bye
    lol
    I don't get it either. I would be pissed if any of my favorite bands did that to me
    edited July 2010
    yea man, i just wanted to check em out cause i never seen them, i heard they sucked but i wanted to see for myself, then he hocks on the crowd, fuckin faggots. i couldnt see hatebreed/chimaira/shadows fall/winds of plague, ect. do that shit to their fans, after that i went and waited for chimaira, and during Norma Jean's last song the singer said pick up trash and throw it, and everyone just threw trash at them, they suck, i'd rather see emmure or anyone that doesnt spit on their fuckin fans.
    It's true. It seems like he thinks the fans would love spit all over them like they worship him or something. I really couldn't see Randy or Jamey doing that to their fans cuz their fans made them what they are today and without them they'd still be working normal people jobs
    edited July 2010
    hell yea, those dudes have respect, they know that we pay good money and they aprreciate it, i hope the singer from norma jean gets stomped by jamey and randy, lol
  • NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    I hate NJ anyway
    imageimage
    I like NJ for the Misfits and Misfits related bands

...propane and propane accessories....
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
    I hate NJ anyway

i'm pretty sure she ment norma jean, not new jersey
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    ^ they both suck
  • bmarkell24bmarkell24 Posts: 82
    Holmdel Review

I arrived there before the first band and the set up and everything was a little to bunched up.

3 inches of blood- they were really amazing live, sounded great. the singer was spot on and so was the rest of the band. Awesome set by this canadian band. 8/10

jagerband- sounded good, didnt really care for them. 6/10

in this moment- worst band of the day by far. i really can't stand her vocals. really this band should be on warped tour. the only cool thing was the circle pit around the sound board. 2/10

Shadows Fall- had a lot of fun during there set. The singer was spot on and even took a dive in the crowd. The crowd was really into them. 7/10

Norma Jean- didnt bother watching them. ?/10

Chimaira- They were fucking awesome. didnt like the setlist too much but they still put on a great show. The guitar player was so great did a lot of great solos. Chimaira looked like they really enjoyed themselves. The winds of plauge singer even came up for a song and i think it was during pure hatred. 8/10

Atreyu- not bad enjoyed there bon jovi cover. but soon they got annoying and i went to go get a spot for hatebreed. 6/10

Hatebreed- wat can i say best side stage band of the day. put on an amazing show and the crowd was so into it. i saw so much blood during there set to and that is just part of the hatebreed experience. i remember last summer when i saw them the exact same thing happened it was just chaos and a great time. i also loved when randy came on stage for the song doomsayer such an awesome song for randy to do. The closer was I Will Be Heard and the crowed went apesshit. such a sick set hope to see them again. 10/10

Winds of Plauge- didnt get to see them was to exausted and im upset i didnt but im sure they will be around another time. ?/10

5fpd- Sick band loved the set. The drum set up was awesome as well. Ivan was really into the set and put on a great show. The lower sections where i was the crowd was really into them. The rest werent and Ivan made his voice be heard and told the crowd that there wasting there money by seating around. This band was one of my favorite of the day and i want to see them again in the future. !0/10

Lamb of God- I liked them, wasnt impressed with the set they should have played older songs and it seems that one of the guitar players were having problems with the sound but log still put on a good show. Randy really got the crowd going and was a great front man. Most fun was during the song Laid to Rest. 8/10

Rob Zombie- Holy Shit one of the best shows i have ever seen. The lights, props and pyro were sick. Rob talked to the crowd a whole bunch of times and he told us to make so much noise so John 5 would smash his guitar. Joey did a sick drum solo and during sick bubble gum we got to play with bouncy balls. Then at the end of one of the songs during John 5s awesome solo Rob walked through the crowd with a light when i saw him i was like holy shit that was awesome.. Another highlight was when John 5 really smashed his guitar and when they did a piece of schools out by Alice Copper who is my favorite artist. Rob Zombie was by far the best performance of the day. Hope to see him again. 11/10

I left after Zombie because there was no way Korn was going to top zombie and i wanted to beat the traffic and didnt want to sit for another 30 minutes. All around i had a great time and cant wait to see who Mayhem Fest gets for next year.
    Oops, sorry. I was just skimming and saw NJ.

Yeah, Norma Jean is just awful.
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    COOL TOUR - Tempe, AZ 7/30/10

One of the longest shows I've ever been to that wasn't a festival. I got there literally seconds before they opened the doors to let people in.

WAR OF AGES - Really cool band! I personally think they were one of the better bands on this tour. Fun set, got the crowd moving right away! 7/10

CANCER BATS - didn't watch lol. Although, I was under the impression prior that they were a punk band. Then again, they wouldn't really belong on this tour if they were. ?/10

ARCHITECTS - Definitely the worst band that played. They sounded like BTF, but instrumentally they were all over the place. And not the good kind of all over the place. Just random noise/emo screams. 3/10

THE ACACIA STRAIN - Not too bad. I didn't like them on album, but live they delivered a bit more. Not good, but not terrible. 5/10

BLESSTHEFALL - Second time seeing them, the first being when I was actually INTO them. I only watched one song, but it seemed like the same thing they put on before. So going off the assumption that their set was pretty much that, I give them a 6/10.

BETWEEN THE BURIED AND ME - Really cool. I missed their set at Ozzfest 06, so it was cool to see them this time. They only played four songs, with the closing one being White Walls (the only one that I knew that they played.) They had a sick ass jacket for sale, but I'm happy with my Winds Of Plague one. Their banner poster things are really cool too and symbolize "misdirection." 7.5/10

UNDEROATH - 3rd time seeing them, get ready for a shocker:

I LOVED THEM. It wasn't like the past two times I saw them play at all. I watched them play trying so hard to remind myself that I don't like them, but I just couldn't keep that up. Their set was fucking amazing, strobe lights flashing right on que like lightning. If loving their set makes me less of a person, so be it. Haters gonna hate. 9/10

AS I LAY DYING - Six years of waiting finally paid off. And boy did it pay off. By the end of An Ocean Between Us (their second song), I was gasping for air from screaming every word. Fucking incredible set. 10/10
    I love winning with women
    edited July 2010
    I hate NJ anyway

^ they both suck
    why does everyone think new jersey sucks? i bet everone who says that has never been here. whats so bad about nj? i happen to like where i live 1/2 way between philly and ny, in a nice safe area. right around the corner from every highway, 5 mins from train station to anywhere i need to go. theres a county park where i ride my bike alot and sit by the lake and write, i also take my dog to the same park. we have the pine barrens where you can fish, hunt, and go muddin in the trucks and drink beer by bonfires and not worry about cops. and we have beaches everywhere and hott chicks. but the most important thing about nj is WE HAVE WAWA!!!!
  • Its_Meh_ChewIts_Meh_Chew Posts: 7,380 just the tip
    I hate NJ anyway

^ they both suck
    why does everyone think nj sucks? i bet everone who says that has never been here. whats so bad about nj brah?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_eAfaN3UaSk
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    $20 says none of them know what NYSE stands for.
    I love winning with women