Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The Concert Review Thread

Comments

• NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    I thought Wrestling was more gay?
    imageimage
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,721 mod
    That could have been it but I'm not too certain if that was the first time I saw it <_>
    Oh well, it's my favorite hockey video. <_>
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • 1D_for_life1D_for_life Posts: 13,785 destroyer of motherfuckers
    "Lacross is not a sport. Lacross is a faggot college activity!"
    Nooooooooooo! Lacrosse is the best!
  • ZmbieFlavrdCupcakesZmbieFlavrdCupcakes Posts: 32,259 jayfacer
    lacrosse gets mad violent!
    imageimage
  • 1D_for_life1D_for_life Posts: 13,785 destroyer of motherfuckers
    ^Definately! It's so fast paced and aggressive
  • KridesBrideBrittKridesBrideBritt Posts: 25,781 jayfacer
    Carnival of Madness 7/30/2010---Philadelphia, PA

We got to the venue (which was a pier, therefore general admission) at 3 and doors opened at 4. When we got to will call, my friend gave her ID and the lady gave us a suspiciously big envelope that contained 2 all-access VIP passes!!!!!!! This was shocking since we thought we only had free tickets waiting for us, but no... VIP bitches for free.

We made our way backstage and sat under the tent behind the stage. It was a hub of activity. Watching everyone working was mesmerizing. 10 Years hit the stage while we were still trying to figure out what to do. So we followed people on stage to watch the end of their set.

Sevendust....We went onstage during their first song and I found myself standing behind Barry Kerch (Shinedown) and next to/in front of the delectable Zack Meyers (Shinedown). Awesome set, big boat drove by.

Puddle of Mudd. Fuck Yeah!! FUN!!!! I watched them from side stage with Zack Meyers and Walt Lafy (Silvertide/Automatic Fire), and the singer from Dive. It was great. Puddle of Mudd is so much fun live. The bass player kept on running over to us.

Stayed backstage during Chevelle. Hung out with famous DJs and yet again Zack Meyers and Walt Lafy. Also met Brent Smith (Shinedown)'s wife and son. Adorable kid!! Watched Shinedown do their pre-show stretch.

Shinedown. We ran up onto the stage just as the music was starting and the curtain was till up. Oh my god. Watching their set from on the stage was nothing short of magical. Brent Smith's son Lyric was acting all cute and tried to run on stage. It was amazing to see the crowd from the viewpoint of Shinedown. I can't pick a favorite song of the night.

Overall...a kickass night and surprise. There is not a rating high enough for this night. Pictures in the next post.
    kristianPhotobucketPhotobucket Trephination-Tuesday Nights/Wednesday Mornings...11pm-1am- http://wrsu.rutgers.edu/listen.html
    Watching Sevendust with Barry Kerch
    Photobucket

Puddle of Mudd's drumset
    Photobucket

Puddle of Mudd
    Photobucket

Puddle of Mudd
    Photobucket

A shot my ex caught of me watching Puddle of Mudd sidestage while he was in the crowd
    Photobucket

Shinedown before curtain fell
    Photobucket
    Photobucket

Shinedown
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Photobucket

The thing we were leaning on sidestsage
    Photobucket
    kristianPhotobucketPhotobucket Trephination-Tuesday Nights/Wednesday Mornings...11pm-1am- http://wrsu.rutgers.edu/listen.html
  • Its_Meh_ChewIts_Meh_Chew Posts: 7,380 just the tip
    how did you get those? the radio station you worked at?
  • slip_knotslip_knot Posts: 512 juggalo
    His son's name is Lyric? Interesting.
  • PraisetheUPraisetheU Posts: 130
    GBH/Outernational:

As any true punk fan would know, GBH is a band from England and been around for quite some time. Punk can be described as GBH with how long they have been around and the impact this band has brought to many Punks these days. With their latest release, 'Perfume and Piss' out on Hellcat Records, they have spent quite some time touring and promoting. One thing I love about this band off the bat, they travel in small van, with a trailer for the gear. A band thats a household name in the punk genre, and they still travel not flashy what so ever. Get to the arena and start the drinking. 30 minutes before and there is no one there, for second I worried I misread the day, but knew I didnt. Doors open and the fans start to show. First band: Flees, the music was good, pretty much a good band, except for the lead singer. This woman was on something, she was terrible. She kept being amazed by the lights, kept feeling herself, not one doubt that she was not only drunk, but on something else. Next band: To Be Hated, a local band who usually play a pub in downtown Miami, Ive seen them open for Agnostic Front, Flatfoot 56 and The Business. Got a great response from the crowd unlike Flees where everyone walked outside. To Be Hated finishes. Then the fun begins. A little band known by the name of Outernational. Ive never even heard of these guys, but im telling you, if ANYONE on this board likes Ska or Gogol Bordello, check these guys out, never seen anything like it. Best song is Fighting Song, I highly consider every Ska fan to check these guys out. Incredible. Now the punk legends, GBH. Ive already seen these guys 2 years ago, and didnt take it for what it was. This time I needed to fully enjoy it. Wow, for a band been playing for 30 and more years, they do not lack any emotion into their show. Ive seen bands that just stand there and these people are in there fucking twenties, meanwhile GBH just cant be contained. One of the best moments of the night was when a fan grabbed at the lead singers pants, and security got on a power trip and drags the fucking guy out. Bassist stops playing, takes off his bass, walks up to the security guard and yells 'LET HIM BACK IN HERE RIGHT FUCKING NOW.' So not only is this one of the creators of what punk is today, they still stand up for their fans and realize that without fans, they are nothing. This band will forever be carved in stone as one of the best. Got a setlist too.

Race Against Time/ HA HA/ Falling Down/ Diplomatic Immunity/ Freak/ Time Bomb/ Gunned Down/ Unique/ Unanswered Prayers/ Maniac/ Drugs Party In 526/ Kids Get Down/ Crush Em/ I Am The Hunted/ Perfume and Piss/ Give Me Fire/ Sick Boy/ Womb With A View/ City Baby Attacked By Rats/ City Babys Revenge/ Hey Keeef/ No Survivors/ Necrophilia/ Knife Edge/ Moonshine Song.
  • BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
    GBH kicks major ass

They came here recently but I was going to Municipal the next day so I couldn't go.
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
  • PraisetheUPraisetheU Posts: 130
    Seen Gallows, Bad Religion, Pennywise, Far From Finished, Agnostic Front, DRI, Flatfoot, Flogging Molly, Casualties, Leftover Crack, Krum Bums, Dropkick, Tiger Army, Street Dogs, and Ill tell you what, GBH still just kicks all their asses live.
  • AndysbackAndysback Posts: 2,228 just the tip

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-FQ-AzrUkc
    ive seen em live and they weren't too great
    how did you get those? the radio station you worked at?
    My best friend is on an Atlantic Records street team and since she promoted a shitload, they gave them to her.
    His son's name is Lyric? Interesting.
    Yeah it is. And he's freaking adorable. 2 1/2yrs old with spikey blonde hair and noise canceling headphones bigger than his head.
  • laurjohn2laurjohn2 Posts: 6,951 balls deep
    edited August 2010
    Great time last night. I got tickets for last night for free, so decided to check them out. Have never seen G N R in concert, so figured this would be the closest i would get and was not dissapointed. Showcase Live was about 3/4 full

opening band, Anchored. Very good band worth checking out more. Hard southern rock style band. Did a cover of Crazy Bitch by Buckcherry and a medley cover of Sweet Home Alabama, Walk This Way and someother songs. Played for about 45 minutes.

Adler's Appetite. Just wow. Sounded great with a lot of energy. Had the attitude i like where they are happy to be there and play for the fans, which wouldnt get with asshole rose. Played all the Appetite for Destruction songs, Civil War,Knockin on Heavens Door and a couple originals. Laurie caught a drum stick, and we met the band afterwards

Flickr
    Flickr
    That set is missing 4 Appetite songs, most notably It's So Easy...
  • laurjohn2laurjohn2 Posts: 6,951 balls deep
    yeah your right. still kicked ass anyways
    It's pretty funny seeing that there are like 3 GNR cover bands around right now lol.
    I remember when I saw Duff McKagan's Loaded. That sucked. The only good songs were the GNR songs.
    Yes, you're absolutely right. They closed with It's So Easy when I saw them and it was by far their best song.