Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The Concert Review Thread

Comments

• mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    Not that I like doing it but FF was pretty clear. He mentioned it to Satan then said well I may not be able to I have to see how things line up with a paying gig if things work out I’ll hit converge in ATL. A week or so passed and he said he got it worked out and the plans for atl and then the Vanna show. 
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,592 spicy boy
    Yup that is how it went. 

he is pretty gay with vague posts a lot though 
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,664 spicy boy
    ... said:
    dranyam said:
     I've asked twice now if you scored him one(knowing you did the whole time) 
    Then there's no fucking reason why this conversation should still be happebing. So 0
    Because dude I'm tired of your Fucking vagueness. 
  • ...... Posts: 31,548 master of ceremonies
    dranyam said:
    ... said:
    dranyam said:
    Then there's no fucking reason why this conversation should still be happebing. So 0
    >knew the answer already
    >vague

Do you fuckimg know what vague actually means
    inb4lists
    Rex and Todd contradicting themselves
    inb4lists
    What? I agreed with ape. 

... said:
    dranyam said:
    ... said:
    dranyam said:
    >knew the answer already
    >vague

Adj; being a will/facefuck
  • GnomezGnomez Posts: 17,550 master of ceremonies
    Damn you bitches squabble over such trivial shit 
    dranyam said:
    ... said:
    dranyam said:
    ... said:
    dranyam said:
    >knew the answer already
    >vague

Adj; being a will/facefuck
    Damn, okay Gary. 
    inb4lists
  • DimeDime Posts: 10,239 destroyer of motherfuckers
    P.O.D. was fucking amazing. I know no one else on hear likes them (maybe @Adam?) But they're just so great live and I was stoked because it was my first time seeing them headline. Obviously, I really enjoy their music but there is such an authenticity about them as people as well. They're just such chill friendly dudes. I was able to get right up to the stage and legit had a little convo with their bassist while Sonny was talking to the crowd. Just such awesome awesome dudes and they busted out so many deep cuts that I didn't expect at all. They're just one of those bands that puts every fiber of their being into putting on the best show they can and I love that vibe from them. Such a fun fuckin show man I had an amazing time. Caught a pic and got a set list too! 

Set: 
            1.) Soundboy Killaz 
            2.) Boom 
            3.) Murdered Love 
            4.) Lost In Forever 
            5.) Southtown 
            6.) Ridiculous 
            7.) Rock The Party (Off The Hook)
            8.) Will You
            9.) On Fire 
           10.) Beautiful 
           11.) Set It Off 
           12.) Ghetto 
           13.) Alive 
           14.) Youth Of The Nation 
           15.) Satellite 
           16.) West Coast Rock Steady 
           17.) The Messenjah 
  • AdamAdam Posts: 11,533 balls deep
    P.O.D are good af live seen them twice. That setlist has all the classics.
    “(Maybe adam does)”

=))))))))))))
  • That_Guy_ArloThat_Guy_Arlo Posts: 14,026 master of ceremonies
    Glad you had a good time. I'll be honest I've seen them twice and didn't really care for their live show cause they have a tendency to elongate some of their songs but that's just me. Got a pic of the pick?
  • DimeDime Posts: 10,239 destroyer of motherfuckers
    edited February 2018
    Adam said:
    P.O.D are good af live seen them twice. That setlist has all the classics.
     Yeah they're great. This was my third time but first head liner and they blew me away. 

That_Guy_Arlo said:
    Glad you had a good time. I'll be honest I've seen them twice and didn't really care for their live show cause they have a tendency to elongate some of their songs but that's just me. Got a pic of the pick?
     Thank you bro. And yeah I agree they did that with a couple tunes last night but I don't really mind because I enjoy their music alot. And yes, pic of pick is in the floats boat thread haha 
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    Enslaved/Wolves in the Throne Room/Myrkur/Khemmis - The Royale, Boston MA - 2/16

First real show of the year, since BLS/COC/Red Fang was a last minute show and I got cocked. Royale is a good venue for sound and fair pricing but everything else about it sucks. They book metal shows on saturday nights before opening up as a nightclub at 9:30pm sharp, and the headlining band is always under the impression they have until 9:30 to play. As a result Enslaved had to cut Convoys to Nothingness and The River's Mouth from their already shorter set, and Grutle commented on it at one point.

My friend drove so I smoked the ride into Boston, and I was pretty goddamn lit by the time we got to the venue. We missed the beginning of Khemmis, but it wasn't crowded yet so I had no problem getting up close to the stage. I like these guys on record, so I figured it would be a good show. I was wrong. Two songs went by beautifully, and then the singer came over to do a guitar solo in my face. It was the worst solo I've ever seen. Also, their lead guitarist looks like a Dimebag impersonator. 

Went to get a shirt and a beer, then found a couch to sit on by the stage until Wolves. God bless nightclubs. 

Myrkur played. Main singer chick has an ass for days. I want it on my face. They blow, though. Constantly layered prerecorded vocals with her live singing, sloppy instrumentation, gimmicky outfits. It's Huntress for black metal fans.

Wolves in the Throne Room were fucking great. Mixing was some of the best I've ever seen at a metal show, and they fucking smudged the crowd before their set. Might be cultural appropriation, but fuck it. Vibes all around. Honestly have no idea what their set was other than Born From the Serpent's Eye, but it all ripped. Their drummer is phenomenal.

And of course Enslaved killed it. I feel like they're one of the few bands from their scene that allow themselves to look like they're actually having a good time on stage. Storm Son and Sacred Horse both translated very well live, and finally seeing Roots of the Mountain was great as well. To be honest I hadn't listened to Vetrarnott entirely through before, but it also killed live. Mixing was just as perfect as during Wolves.

All in all a great show. Sucks that I finally got to see Enslaved headline and the set was the same length as the two support shows I already saw from them, but it is what it is.
    Khemmis: 6/10
    Myrkur: 4/10
    Wolves in the Throne Room: 9/10
    Enslaved: 9/10
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,721 mod
    New album rips though. 
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
    Devin and I saw them at a venue that had like 5 people there and some fucking wasted dude tried to start a pit with me