Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The Concert Review Thread

Comments

• SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
    I wasn't really hating with that comment. You guys just kinda toe that line of radio metal and extreme stuff in a way that a lot of us don't anymore

I think it would be interesting to see what an all-guilty pleasure mayhem would look like :-? 
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,664 spicy boy
    Summer slaughter was fun. We took an uber because we thought we were gonna get drunk, we didn't. Both of our phones died so we walked back to my place like 4 and a half miles away. Wasn't too bad, stopped at the bar and got sloshed. Also got  an arch enemy setlist. 
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,592 spicy boy
  • DimeDime Posts: 10,239 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Bullet/LOG/Slipknot was a pretty dope show

Bullet for my Valentine
                        -Haters gonna hate but I fucking loved them live. So much fun and they had a pretty good set. Just wish they would have cut Motionless in White and given these guys more time. The new stuff sounded great live @Adam

Set

1. Your Betrayal
    2. No Way Out
    3. Raising Hell
    4. Scream Aim Fire
    5. Army of Noise
    6. Tears Don't Fall
    7. Waking the Demon

Lamb of God
                 -Fucking amazing live. The pits were intense, the band was on fire, and it was just great overall. Really sweet to see them again. Set was not too bad, except for Redneck. Fuck that song. But at least no Overload. Although I will say I definitely preferred the newer songs live than on CD. Obv would have rather heard older materiel but its not like they were not going to play any new songs.  

Set

1. Walk With Me In Hell
    2. Now You've Got Something to Die For
    3. Still Echoes
    4. 512
    5. Ghost Walking
    6. Ruin
    7. Hourglass
    8. Vigil
    9. Laid to Rest
    10. Goddamn Stupid Fucking Redneck

Slipknot
              -Another really entertaining show. Don't care for them all that much but they kept my attention for like 85% of the set. Too many new songs though. Keep AOV, throw the rest out. 

Set

1. Sarcastrophe
    2. The Heretic Anthem
    3. Psychosocial
    4. The Devil In I
    5. AOV
    6. Vermillion
    7. Wait and Bleed
    8. Killpop
    9. Before I Forget
    10. Sulfur
    11. Duality
    12. Disasteriece
    13. Spit It Out
    14. Custer

Encore

15. (sic)
    16. People=Shit
    17. Surfacing

All in all, great show. Really enjoyed seeing all 3 bands again. And yeah, Jake and Boomhauer go ahead and deposit your Lols, Slap I'm expecting your dislike by no later than 9:00am and Satan and Nola I want at least a 3 page essay on how my generation sucks ass and we don't know shit and all that other good stuff. 
    Fuck those sets suck 
  • NOLANOLA Posts: 6,353 jayfacer
    Fuck, that Deftones/Incubus show last night was awesome. This will probably end up being my favorite show of the year once it's all set and done. Just had a blast! Both bands were sharp and on point. The crowd was awesome which makes the show that much better. Champions Square is such a great venue. I didn't catch any of The Bots set and only caught the tail end of DFA unfortunately.

Deftones:

Be Quiet and Drive
    My Own Summer
    Diamond Eyes
    Rocket Skates
    You've Seen the Butcher
    Sextape
    Feiticeira
    Digital Bath
    Knife Prty
    When Girls Telephone Boys
    Tempest
    Swerve City
    Passenger
    Change (In the House of Flies)
    Headup
    Bored
    Engine No. 9/How I Could Just Kill A Man

Incubus:

Wish You Were Here
    Anna Molly
    Circles
    Absolution Calling
    Are You In?
    Vitamin
    Trust Fall
    In the Company of Wolves
    Nice to Know You
    Here in My Room
    Sick Sad Little World
    Pardon Me
    Love Hurts
    Megalomaniac
    Dig
    Drive
    A Crow Left of the Murder

• NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    Shoulda just went to deftones oh well
    damn deftones can ktmfs 
  • GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    I've been way out of touch with metal but the Goatwhore show was fucking killer. The band Black Fast blew me away though, ended up buying a CD from them. The trvly metal part was they opened for Battlecross release show in Michigan at 8, then drove and hour to Toledo and hit the stage at 10:30.
    image Photobucket
  • MenAreTrashMenAreTrash Posts: 27,667 spicy boy
    black fast is decent but when I hear their shit I just want Vektor to get their album done. vektor ^:)^
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    Yeah Black Fast kills
  • DimeDime Posts: 10,239 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Dude that Korn show was one of the best shows I've ever been to. I had such an amazing time. 0 for both openers. But Korn blew me away. 5th time seeing them and they're only getting better. The energy was insane and it was such a great positive experience. They were having so much fun on stage it made me happy and it was just a fucking killer experience all around. Enjoyed every second they were on stage. 

Set List

1. Blind
    2. Ball Tongue
    3. Need To (Switched into Alive at 2nd chorus)
    4. Clown
    5. Divine
    6. Faget
    7. Shoots & Ladders
    8. Predictable
    9. Fake
    10. Lies
    11. Helmet in the Bush
    12. Daddy

Encore:

13. Falling Away From Me
    14. Here to Stay
    15. Did My Time
    16. Coming Undone
    17. Freak on a Leash
    18. Got the Life
  • GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies

The second Kendrick show that was the actual Grooves Sessions blew the first show out of the water. Sorry to my friends that went to the first one but couldn't make the second. Not even close, fucking crushed it. The band was tight. To Pimp a Butterfly already kind of gives off this band vibe on most of the tracks, but hearing the GKMC songs with a band was dope. MAAD City sounded metal and fuck and during that and Hood Politics, the band broke into a jam and out of nowhere dude comes out with a sick solo. While Kendrick said this would be his only time playing all of Pimp a Butterfly, it was more like "all" of Pimp a Butterfly. A handful of songs were used as interludes and only a small snippet of just music was played like for How Much a Dollar Cost or he did the first verse of Institutionalized because this 11/10 segue to Backseat Freestyle. For the show in Columbus, I was surprised how dominated by white kids the show was, even though the crowd was about six times bigger. I chalked it up to being next to OSU. This show had a really nice and diverse balance. Kendrick addressed the crowd a lot more and made it a lot more personal. Glad I was able to steal a second hand ticket for face value but I would have happily paid a shitload to see this show.

I lol'd because the first show I went to with my friends didn't have any merch at all. I had a feeling that because it wasn't the actual Kuntas Grooves Sessions they didn't sell any and I was correct. Roommate is irate because I have a poster and he doesn't. Says he'll just buy one online and I told him that's cool and all but he didn't really go to Kuntas Groove Sessions.

image Photobucket
    I'll review the show soon. 
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,721 mod
    edited November 2015
    Already been nearly a week :!!
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
    I didn't think about it :-??
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,721 mod
    It's all you've been talking about :|
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage