Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The Concert Review Thread

Comments

• OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    I love winning with women
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,592 spicy boy
    chevelle was cool 
  • GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    Tame Impala
    We got to Royal Oak about an hour before doors. Holy fucking line. The last two times I saw them on 2013, once I got center barrier after the doors were open for awhile...the other I waited on line about an hour and got barrier. it looked like the sold out crowd was already here. What really got me is I didn't see a single person that looked older than 25. We make it in and I see that the aussie are still keeping it cool and have event posters for every date...but the merch line was so long we just went to the floor. Getting crowded as fuck, very first time I saw them was in Detroit at Saint Andrews and everybody had their own personal bubble to dance around, not quite here. Some band called Mini Mansions opened up who I'm pretty sure I would have liked a lot better if I'd heard their music beforehand. Entertaining but slow, every song I thought was their last...longest opener ever. During the soundcheck  start remembering some of the little shit they do. Like how there's one guy that takes his time setting up every instrument, then he goes through and does it all again. You hear the crowd get antsy, eventually he walks off stage and there's a massive sigh of relief...only for him to walk put again and check a couple more things. I've seen him do this every time I've seen them haha Eventually the band comes out and plays a quick intro before jumping into It's Not Meant to Be. there's something new additions to the backdrop which if you haven't seen them is hard to describe. It's controlled in real time and is synced to all the instruments. It's bad ass and drugs. The updates involve different patterns, as well as use of live video from the show with effects. As far as sound goes, the bass is the loudest I've heard it since Nick left the band. Kevin's guitar seemed a little quiter and in general it seemed like he wanted to take the focus away from his badass guitar playing abilities. I was curious what the crowd reaction to the new songs would be since it's been really good but also not without doubters online. Holy shit, the doubters don't go to the shows because everyone fucking loved them. It was weird seeing Kevin basically playing no guitar for most of  the songs but even weirder seeing him play a different guitar at all. Figured it was for tv but wasn't entirely sure. My fifth time seeing them and he's always used the same guitar for the entire set. It was a quick change for one part in a song but it was there haha. Glad to see they player not just the full version but an extended version of Let It Happen. I saw them play it on Conan but it was shortened. The show was amazing but for some reason just not quite to the point of the last two times I saw them. might have just been because I wasn't on the barrier like the other two. I'm going to the Cleveland show on the 4th, planning on camping that one so we'll see. 
    imageimageimage
    image Photobucket
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,664 spicy boy
    Wall of doom 
  • DimeDime Posts: 10,239 destroyer of motherfuckers
    SATAN said:
    Anthrax opened for Volbeat :|
    I know :| exactly why I left. It just felt wrong. And Anthrax was the high point. Concert would have just ended on a meh note if we stayed for Volbeat. Fuck that. 
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,705 spicy boy
    Volbeat is such garbage
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
    Idk man. I don't despise them or anything but I don't even remotely like them. They just kind of annoy me. I saw them once on opening for Motorhead/Megadeth on Gigantour 2012. They just don't do anything for me. 
    edited May 2015
    Gigantour was the first full Volbeat set I saw. Before that, they were opening a show we went to again and we showed up late and caught the last few songs. I just can't get into them. 
    Colbert sucks but it always makes me chuckle when mc calls a band garbage. 
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,705 spicy boy
    Colbert sucks but it always makes me chuckle when mc calls a band garbage. 
    I like 2 bands that I understandable agree can be laballed as garbage.

I still listen to better shit than you
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
    why are we throwing shade at colbert...?????
    Was supposed to be volbeat 
    fuck volbeat
    Fuck they didn't even open the main stage up? =)) =)) =)) =)) =))
  • TyrantTyrant Posts: 2,850 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Nope lol. Just used the side stage all night. Stage dives though. \m/
  • SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy