Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The Concert Review Thread

Comments

• BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Ah that explains that. Yeah, the singer is a bit of a nutjob, but I enjoy watching them.

But yeah, they don't fit into that lineup at all hahaha
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
  • That_Guy_ArloThat_Guy_Arlo Posts: 14,026 master of ceremonies
    Hey I sure don't mind a bit of variety at shows.
  • Ezkaton2000Ezkaton2000 Posts: 440 salt miner
    Mayhem Festival 2010-Phoenix, AZ

So it was another hot ass day during Mayhem this year but all in all it was still fun.

I missed Winds of Plague because of the slow moving merch line. Got up to the side stages as Hostility was playing, they were meh at best.

3IOB was on next and was awesome. This was the 2nd time I have seen them and they sounded great.

Shadows Fall was up next and this was the 2nd time I have seen them and they killed it. I enjoyed the set and they all had great energy, Sounded awesome.

In This Moment followed and this was also the 2nd time I have seen them and they still sounded like shit. Maria is a terrible live vocalist.

Chimaira was up after ITM and they killed it as well. Sounded extremely good and really got the crowd going. Third time I have seen them.

I didn't watch Atreyu, Hatebreed or Norma Jean as I am not a fan of any of them. Hatebreed sounded good as always but I have seen them 3 times, and I have noticed on Fests if you have seen them once you have seen them 1000 times. Atreyu and Norma Jean are just plain bad.

5FDP sounded good. That's about it. I pretty much hate this band just because of their fans. Doesn't seem to be one intelligent 5FDP fan in all of AZ. They are either macho assholes or brain dead chicks. Either way they all think Ivan Moody is a musical genius. It is amazing what radio support will do for a shitty band.

LOG was nothing short of amazing, great set, great sound. Easily stole the show for me.

Zombie was amazing, he is something to see even if you don't enjoy his music. The stage show is amazing.

Korn. Talk about a legacy act, they play the same 12 hits every tour. Not that I really care but it is kind of sad. They sounded good and their stage set up was awesome, but Zombie should have closed out the night...and Korn just needs to go away. You haven't made good music in years.

In the end, I had fun. It wasn't as epic as last years Mayhem, or intriguing as the first year, but it was a solid year. Sadly ticket sales are up and the trend towards a more mainstream festival will continue probably.

• drewvichdrewvich Posts: 1,148
    edited July 2010
    leaving for pre-show party to go see three six mafia and ludacris...lmfao...
    leaving for pre-show party for ludacris and three six mafia lmfao...can't believe my friends are dragging me to this..will probably be a good time though...or at least a high time
  • slip_knotslip_knot Posts: 512 juggalo
    If anyone cares, I remembered the other band Whitechapel's gonna be touring with. I'm about 90% sure that Phil said Miss May I was on that tour too.
  • GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    image Photobucket
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,721 mod
    LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
    I have a strange feeling I'll be going to a show with a kid I posted in the fail/owned thread.
    image Photobucket
  • laurjohn2laurjohn2 Posts: 6,951 balls deep
    Saturday July 17th Green River Ordinance - Foxoboro MA...lulz...

Patriot Place in Foxboro is having free concerts this summer and i took Nicholas to his first concert there today. Surprisely had a good time :) Never heard of any of the bands untili saw them play

1. Sarah Blacker - Folk singer. During her set there was an echo in the vocals, so we couldnt understand what she was saying. After her set, Nicholas ran over to her and gave her a hug. She walked over to me and my wife and chatted for a while. Didnt care for her music, but she was nice

2. Girls, Guns and Glory - Boston country band (ironic). Some parts of their set had some good drumming and guitaring, but overall was bored. Singer sat next to us after his set

3. Green River Ordinance - pop rock band that is said to sound like All American Rejects. Figuring i havent listened to AAR, I dont know. They had a following of about 20 teenage girls that were following them around. They are suposely popular. There set was OK at best. They were a fun band. No moshing or headbanging. Good band to take the family to

on a scale of 1-10:
    metal - 0
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    Zombie was indeed fucking epic even from the lawn.

I was lucky enough to move to the pit for Korn.

Did you happen to see the two lawn fights that broke out during LoG? One was between a skinhead and a native American guy (imagine Chief from One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest and Hulk Hogan going at it) and the other was between a chick who claimed this other guy yanked her bra off.
    I love winning with women
  • Its_Meh_ChewIts_Meh_Chew Posts: 7,380 just the tip
    Oh come onn Miss May I isn't that bad. Its not like they got mychildren mybride
    three six mafia- fucking didn't even rap was like all pre-recorded

ludacris - did a good job

may not enjoy rap that much but they did a good job...and god damn am I drunk/higih..good times..good times
  • AndysbackAndysback Posts: 2,228 just the tip
    edited July 2010
    well somebody wanted warped so here i go

first band i saw was motion city soundtrack CAUSE I LIKE THEM, they played at the same time as attack attack but they are shit live. idr their full set but it had all their big songs
    The future freaks me out
    LG.Fuad
    everything is alright
    is what i remember

ANYWAY this aloud me to get rail for Bring me the horizon (played at the same time are parkway drive D: ) but i like bring me the horizon more. i was VERY surprised at how good they were overall from the second best band i saw all day but their set looked like

Diamonds arent forever
    The comedown
    Chelsea smile
    football season is over
    the sadness will never end
    sleep with one eye open
    pray for plagues

after this i went to go see emmure 3rd best of the day they always sound really clear and have pretty big pits i would of like to see "chicagos finest" or "felony" but well their set looked like

sunday bacon
    i thought u met tell and turned me into casper
    r2 deepthroat
    bars in astoria
    false love in real life
    soundwave superior
    ten signs you should leave
    when keeping it real goes wrong

WAIT FOR PART 2
    edited July 2010
    next was whitechapel everytime i see them i think more and more that they're not so great live phil almost sounds like he inhales n they words just end up sounds like one sound i wish they would just forget they wrote a new album and take out "darkest day fo man" and "breeding violence" and add "father of lies" "ear to ear" "prostatic fluid asphyxiation" or at least just ONE fucking time play "messiabolical" but they played ( not sure if this is full)

of legions
    darkest day of man
    breeding violence
    visor excisor
    possesion
    this is exile

after them we had a break to walk around we got a buncha free wonka candy fruit snacks and koozles but after walking around we went to go see sum 41 they really got the crowd movie and had the PERFECT setlist it looked like i may be missing some songs

Fat Lip
    Motivation
    In To Deep
    The Hell Song
    Still waiting
    Were all To Blame
    paint it black

after sum 41 there was a pit to leave the pavillion floor and we broke through the fence separating back stageish area and the floor so that was fun since there was nobody else playing i decide to stick around at the pavilion until enter shikari so i sat and BRACE FOR FAILS next was never shout never if your not familiar with them DO NOT EVEN BOTHER listening unless your name is bianca she may like em basically some kid wanting to look like oli syke with an acoustic guitar with lyrics like " everything you do is super duper cute" after then was i see stars again dont bother unless your name is bianca theyre basically a poor mans attack attack autotune bullshit techno-y beats even saw some crabcore going on. next was fake problems they just sounded bad but next was the al mighty enter shikari

Post edited by Andysback on
    ENTER SHIKARI holy fucking shit second time seeing them and AGAIN never ever fail to impress every single person the be in sight of them they were easily the best of the day and of ANY band ive ever seen live all the band member are always moving around jumping on top of and off their speakers and the bass drum. the pavilion is split into two stages for warped they would go to the other stage where a band was setting up and play shit over there the guitarist balanced his guitar on his face , the singer did a hand stand back flip thin off his keyboard this band has so much fucking energy and i will see them every time i get a chance too. not a full set but they def played after them nobody would seem that good

Juggernauts
    zzzzonked
    mother ship
    sorry your not a winner

after them was suicide silence they were not as good as ive seen them int he past with a medio-core set which also seemed short but they played

no time to bleed
    lifted
    smoke
    wake up
    unanswered
    no pity for a coward

i bought two shirts one that says "stop listening to awful fucking music" (im sure u guys will have a field day with that one and with the music on warped and what i listen to ) and an enter shikari shirt that says ( generic fucking tshirt core) i met and got autographs from suicide silence n a sweet ass sunburn overall a great day ill be at warped next year
  • That_Guy_ArloThat_Guy_Arlo Posts: 14,026 master of ceremonies
    I damn near bought one of those "quit listening to awful fucking music" t-shirts. Funny stuff indeed.

Good to see another Enter Shikari fan, they are fun as hell to watch live.
    they really are i first saw them at a small club venue and thought maybe thats just how they are in a club but they brought equal energy and stage show on a festival too
  • Ezkaton2000Ezkaton2000 Posts: 440 salt miner
    Zombie was indeed fucking epic even from the lawn.

I was lucky enough to move to the pit for Korn.

Did you happen to see the two lawn fights that broke out during LoG? One was between a skinhead and a native American guy (imagine Chief from One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest and Hulk Hogan going at it) and the other was between a chick who claimed this other guy yanked her bra off.
    I saw something going on...everyone was looking back at the lawn but I was to busy enjoying LoG to care.
    "at least just ONE fucking time play "messiabolical""

Agreed. Take out the end and it's not even that long, and probably the best on the album anyway.
    image Photobucket