Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The Concert Review Thread

Comments

• GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
  • ComptonAssBertoComptonAssBerto Posts: 3,899 just the tip
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,721 mod
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
  • slip_knotslip_knot Posts: 512 juggalo
    Suicide Silence/Whitechapel Warped Tour Offdate

So glad this show happened, I didn't want to shell out tons of money for Warped to see just 2 bands, and luckily I got an offdate in my area. This show was at this place called the JFK Coliseum in Manchester, NH which is a high school hockey rink. Not a good venue at at all, plus the security absolutely sucked the whole night.

Anyways, onto the bands. 5 locals started off the show, none of them stood out to me except for one band that I think could have potential, Armor For the Broken. After AFTB the touring bands started.

Of Mice and Men - 1/10. These guys were terrible. All the scene kids were going apeshit to this awful band and I was just on the barrier nearly falling asleep. Also the singer's an absolute cocksucker. During their last song he came up to the barrier to sing and I was getting pushed and I was knocked into him and he looks at me, fake punches me and says "Fucking pussy". I looked at him and said "Fucking asshole" and the bastard decided to elbow me in the face. I was absolutely ripshit at that point, and there's actually more to this that I'll explain later.

Vanna - 6/10. A band that is local but also nationally popular. It was an OK set, I was a little let down from what I expected.

Emmure - 7.5/10. Wow, can't believe I'm actually saying this, but these guys were much better live than I expected. Really intense set, people were really into them and they were very energetic. Good set. I have most of their set here, no specific order and missing a song or two.

Bars In Astoria
    R2 Deepthroat
    I Thought You Met Telly and Turned Me Into Casper
    10 Signs You Should Leave
    Sound Wave Superior
    False Love In Real Life
    When Keeping It Real Goes Wrong

Whitechapel - 10/10. Fucking awesome. The sound was spot on, the crowd was nuts, and you could tell they were having fun on stage. Only my second time seeing one of my favorite bands, and they delivered perfectly. I couldn't be more happy with their set and I can't wait until they come around on their next tour, which is sometime in the fall. Here's their full set.

Of Legions
    The Darkest Day of Man
    Possession
    Vicer Exciser
    Eternal Refuge
    Breeding Violence
    Prostatic Fluid Asphyxiation
    This Is Exile

Suicide Silence - Headlined the show, 4th time seeing them and it was fucking incredible. Much more intimate environment than the other 3 times I saw them, and I can't wait to see them again on their tour in October. Not much more to say other than the fact that they blew me the fuck away again. They even played an encore for us. Awesome set. Full set:

Wake Up
    Lifted
    Smoke
    Unanswered
    Bludgeoned to Death
    Wasted
    Disengage
    No Time to Bleed
    No Pity For a Coward
    -----------------
    Engine No. 9 (Deftones Cover)

After the show my friend and I decided to go back to the buses, and we chilled with all of the guys from Suicide Silence, Phil from Whitechapel, band members from the other bands, and a bunch of other fans. It was great, all of the guys in SS are really cool people, and I've been wanting to hang out with them for awhile but never got the chance to any of the other times I saw them. I talked with them for an hour and a half, and it was an awesome experience. I also smoked it up with them and other fans and that was incredible too. Everyone was very chill with their shit. I now know of Whitechapel and Suicide Silence's upcoming tour plans, I'm not sure if anyone cares to hear of them here, just tell me if you want to know. I also talked to the singer of Of Mice and Men and he was very drunk and actually apologized to me for the incident earlier lol. Anyways, I eventually left, and that was definitelyt a night to remember, I can't wait to see and hang with these bands again.
  • ZmbieFlavrdCupcakesZmbieFlavrdCupcakes Posts: 32,259 jayfacer
    awh, i would have loved that show :(
    imageimage
  • laurjohn2laurjohn2 Posts: 6,951 balls deep
    slip_knot....Purity (ATB / Erin) from the old boards was at that show
    Yeah Bianca the show was great overall, minus OMAM.

Damn I wonder if she was up front John, I probably would've seen her.
  • Its_Meh_ChewIts_Meh_Chew Posts: 7,380 just the tip
    the singer of OMAM isn't the same fag from attack attack right? i read he quit/the band kicked him out.

and whats this about an SS headline tour
    edited July 2010
    Yeah I think so, guys a tool and a half. Also just read that the Attack Attack vocalist left the band a little while ago. The vocalist now used to be in Sky Eats Airplane. Ew.

The SS headline tour is gonna be this fall with MyChildren MyBride, Tony Danza Tapdance Extravaganza, Molotov Solution, and Conducting From the Grave.
    The SS headline tour is gonna be this fall with MyChildren MyBride, Tony Danza Tapdance Extravaganza, Molotov Solution, and Conducting From the Grave.
    Awhhhhh yeah!
    edited July 2010
    Whitechapel's gonna be touring with Impending Doom, Oceano, I Declare War, and another band I can't think of right now.
    Post edited by slip_knot on
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,721 mod
    Good, get all these bands away from the good tours...
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • That_Guy_ArloThat_Guy_Arlo Posts: 14,026 master of ceremonies
    Whitechapal's gonna be touring with Impending Doom, Oceano, I Declare War, and another band I can't think of right now.
    I'll deff try to catch both of those tours.
  • SantanaSantana Posts: 16,743 juggalo
    Whitechapal's gonna be touring with Impending Doom, Oceano, I Declare War, and another band I can't think of right now.
    when is this???!?!?!?!??
  • AndysbackAndysback Posts: 2,228 just the tip
    i imagine Hawaii having insane bud
    Awwwhhhhh yeah!
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    Good, get all these bands away from the good tours...
    fucking this
  • GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    I will go through hell again to see Whitechapel. The way you posted it implies that Whitechapel will headline, this be true?
    image Photobucket