Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The Concert Review Thread

Comments

• That_Guy_ArloThat_Guy_Arlo Posts: 14,026 master of ceremonies
    I will go through hell again to see Whitechapel. The way you posted it implies that Whitechapel will headline, this be true?
    It has to be, I couldn't see those other bands playing over Whitechapel.
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    Whitechapel's first headlining tour perhaps? Count me in.
    I love winning with women
  • GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    Hellyeah I would be in for that
    image Photobucket
  • ComptonAssBertoComptonAssBerto Posts: 3,899 just the tip
  • slip_knotslip_knot Posts: 512 juggalo
    Yeah it's a headliner for Whitechapel too.
  • Its_Meh_ChewIts_Meh_Chew Posts: 7,380 just the tip
    edited July 2010
    Whitechapal's gonna be touring with Impending Doom, Oceano, I Declare War, and another band I can't think of right now.
    The SS headline tour is gonna be this fall with MyChildren MyBride, Tony Danza Tapdance Extravaganza, Molotov Solution, and Conducting From the Grave.
    why lord why. If i were to go to the SS headline tour (i really want to) that would be the 4th time i've had to suffer through Mychildren Mybride
  • AndysbackAndysback Posts: 2,228 just the tip
    ive been to a ss headliner except that was just epicore fest

and is theyre any more sauce on these tours
    Hell I remembered they headlined their own tour back in 08 so it won't be the first but still a very big deal for them I'm sure.
    im going to warped on thursday should i even bother with a review
    ^ Hey I'll read it. I love reading reviews on here.
  • SantanaSantana Posts: 16,743 juggalo
  • SantanaSantana Posts: 16,743 juggalo
    edited July 2010
    Soilwork/Death Angel/Mutiny Within

First I'll say this was a great show, of course with Death Angel there it has to be great but a lot of cool things happened.

I got to the show about 40 minutes before the doors opened so I assumed the meet and great people had already been inside meaning that I was about 20-30 people back in line. It ended up being that the meet and greet people didn't go in until 20 minutes before the doors opened so I was now the 6th person in line. I thought I would get rail when I got inside but the meet and greet people got there first which they never usually do so I just went and bought a Soilwork shirt and a Death Angel shirt which I'll talk about merch later.

First band was the local-Cab Ride Home. I've heard a lot of good things about them but wasn't too impressed. They had some energy but I guess they're just not my type of music. They played a song about the Soilwork keyboardist which was kinda ironic. Also this was their 30th show at Jaxx. 30 shows in 3 years

Next was Swashbuckle. They were interesting. Didn't care for the music too much but they were dressed up as pirates, their whole theme was pirate-like. They had people at Jaxx dress up as a shark and a parrot. They got a good sized circle pit going for a little while. 6/10

Now Mutiny Within. Once swashbuckle left i walked up to the stage. Some people left more people left. And then 3 people on the rail left so i took that spot for the whole night. They put on an amazing show. Jaxx recently put in these "boxes/footboards/w/e" for the bands to stand on and the signer kept getting his balls in my face. Awesome show nonetheless. They have a new drummer as well and I think this was his first show with them, he did great. Talked to the singer after the show and bought their CD for $5 8/10

Death Angel-All I can say is amazing set. I have never headbanged that much and as long as I did as I did for Death Angel. They played great songs although I would have liked to hear Dethroned and Carnival Justice but it was awesome anyway. I think they played 45-50 minutes. The singer was always jumping on the "box" right in front of me and i was screaming the words along with him right in each others faces. Their guitarist solo'd literally an inch away from my face. When he would kick the guitar out I thought he was going to hit me lol. The pits were alright. The crowd definitely loved them but the crowd didn't get too heavy. At the end of the show there was a pick lying on the ground and I asked the bassist for it. First pick I've ever got at a show and I'm glad it was a Death Angel pick. Then the guitarist threw a bunch in the air and I got 2 but gave one to someone else near me. Then the guitarist went around and slapped everyone's hands as well as the singer. Honestly I thought Death Angel should have been the headliner. 10/10

Augury-No offense to them but I didn't like them at all. They sometimes had an okay sound going but it wasn't anything great. Didn't have any energy on stage and honestly Cab Ride Home outdid them. Mutiny Within should have been in their place and Swashbuckle in Mutiny Within's place with Augury starting the tour. 4/10

Soilwork-They were great. Put on a great show and you could tell the crowd was there for them. They had the best pits of the night which is sad because I thought death angel should have had the best ones. It was also the first night they ever played anything off their new album. The guys in the band didn't really seem to want to slap hands with anyone in the crowd. Brofisted the guitarist once but that was it. I got a pick thrown towards me at the end but it bounced off my hand and onto the stage, then another one bounced off my shoulder and landed in front of me which I picked up. I noticed when I was leaving the setlist was gone so I asked the guy next to me who got it and he pointed at someone. That guy then asked what I was asking about, told him I just wanted to see who got the setlist, because he already got the Death Angel setlist he offered the Soilwork setlist or one of their picks, I chose the setlist obviously since I already had a pick. It was cool of that guy to do that. First setlist I have ever got at a show. Overall 8.5/10

Merch: (no I didn't buy all of this, just the first 3)
    All the shirts I noticed were $20 so I picked up a cool Death Angel shirt with dates on the back and the words "Killing North America Tour 2010"
    Also a Soilwork shirt with The Panic Broadcast album cover on the front and tour dates on the back with the Soilwork symbol behind the dates
    Mutiny Within CD $5
    Death Angel sweatshirt $35
    Death Angel hat $15
    Post edited by Santana on
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,661 master of ceremonies
    Wow you suck at lying the next time you say some bullshit I'm going to take a screenshot of it. You know damn well what you said I didn't need to be at the concert for you to tell me that you got pissed at someguy cause he kept pushing you on the rail. *double facepalm*
    Asshole. <_>
    AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,721 mod
    *gets asshurt, deletes post*
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • drewvichdrewvich Posts: 1,148
    Trevor Hall - Wasn't that bad. He came out high as fuck and was first point in concert in which everyone lit up a doobie

Sammy Hagar - He definitely still can rock out. He had his little bar set up on stage with some fine models in bikinis serving drinks which led to some funny moments. At one point he asked if he was hotter than some other guy to which the model replied "my mom loves you!". Memory is alittle hazy of his setlist cuz I was really fucked up but highlight of the night was deff Heavy Metal.

skipping common grounds tonight but for tomorrow night is Alice Cooper, Tesla, Sick Puppies, and Hoobastank...than on Saturday is Ludacris and Three Six Mafia
  • Its_Meh_ChewIts_Meh_Chew Posts: 7,380 just the tip
    Alice Cooper, Tesla, Sick Puppies, and Hoobastank..

lol at Hoobastank being the opener
  • drewvichdrewvich Posts: 1,148
    Teslas opening for Cooper and Sick Puppies is Opening for Hoobastank on diff stages lol

I just want to see Sick Puppies fine ass bassist
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,281 mod
    *gets asshurt, deletes post*
    Bitch <_>

• OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    <_>
    I love winning with women