Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The Concert Review Thread

Comments

• Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,595 spicy boy
    I enjoy the show if im stoned or not....and TBH i wouldn't even think about going to a tool show and not bringing weed....but i don't have to be high to enjoy it....but i do prefer it lol
  • HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I been to shows high back in the day, ruins the experience. All you do is worry about getting your weed through security all day and fucking tryna light up and not get clipped, then the show flies by cause youre ripped. It's just pointless. I saw Tool sober, it was awesome, I had a blast. Christ even when I got fucked up I stayed sober for shows, it's not worth it to get fucked up there. Ruins the day.
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    dood i just leave my joint in my pocket..security cant feel that shit and its not even illegal any more so 0 fucks if they do find it.. and dood everyone was sparking up at tool i literally has 0 worries about it... obviously tool is badass sober as well but its like this...if they were showing batman the dark knight in a reg movie theater or you could see it in 3d which one would you choose? im assuming most people would see it in 3d..thats the difference
  • HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
    <_> ...now getting hig is 3D? what are you smoking angel dust?
    its just an example of one instance being enhanced and one not obv getting high is not 3d...it was clearly just an example

----______---
    I been to shows high back in the day, ruins the experience. All you do is worry about getting your weed through security all day and fucking tryna light up and not get clipped, then the show flies by cause youre ripped. It's just pointless. I saw Tool sober, it was awesome, I had a blast. Christ even when I got fucked up I stayed sober for shows, it's not worth it to get fucked up there. Ruins the day.
    dude all you have to do is put it in your shoe or my your balls

and as far as getting clipped....at a tool show there is no such thing...every time iv seen them everyone baked out the arena

speaking of TOOL this is maynards first band formed at kendall college...he attended college and lived in my city Grand Rapids for a portion of his life after his mother got sick..the sound isnt great but its from a public access channel lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CkomYdzn-5Y&amp;feature=player_embedded#!
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    It must be pretty boring live experience if you have to be high or drunk to enjoy it.
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
    this is a portion of the same show...but its basically an early verson of sober

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdREH1BqGDk&amp;feature=related
    that sober version kinda sux alot lol..they made it alot better over the years.. still cool footage doe
    I will not [-(
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
    that sober version kinda sux alot lol..they made it alot better over the years.. still cool footage doe
    yeah i agree it sucks lol...but i thought it was cool....more then likely the first taped performance by maynard and it was on public access

:D
    you people apparently dont understand the definition of the word enhance.... it simply makes it better

obviously you can eenjoy a band like tool with out booze or weed or any other type of drug but it sure as shit enhances the show...just like if you saw a movie in 3d it enhances the viewing pleasure of most people....

ill even give two more examples for the extra slow people....which would you rather watch the super bowl on a regular tv or a big giant one with surround sound? anyone would obv choose the second option even though you could enjoy the super bowl on a regular screen tv

example two say you have a regular cookie..cookies taste awesome..but then i say imma add some chocolate chips to my cookie to make it better..what would your response be? If you have to add something to your cookies then it must be pretty shitty cookies? your answer to that would be wtf are you talking about? now have all the slow little gingers caught up yet
    edited July 2012
    Why would you need to "enhance" a product you already claim is amazing? It must not be too amazing to begin with if you have to try and make it better
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    Nola those are all the stupidest comparisons I've ever heard. All of those examples add something to your senses. Taste better, see better, etc.

Does being fucked up make you hear the concert better? No.
    apparently three examples wasnt enough...
  • ...... Posts: 31,548 master of ceremonies
    ...if they were showing batman the dark knight in a reg movie theater or you could see it in 3d which one would you choose? im assuming most people would see it in 3d..thats the difference
    fuck 3D, it would make that movie less enjoyable.
    inb4lists
    Nola those are all the stupidest comparisons I've ever heard. All of those examples add something to your senses. Taste better, see better, etc.

Does being fucked up make you hear the concert better? No.
    tool is very visual and yes it enhances the visual effects and i do believe it sounds better as well honestly...tools vibe goes hand in hand with the feeling of being high...

you sound like someone whos never been high....it makes everything better dood, everything....sex is better, food taste better, movies are funnier, music sounds better.... i mean i dont know what else to say
  • NOLANOLA Posts: 6,353 jayfacer
    "It's just rock n' roll dipshits" - MJK
    I'm sorry you have to be high to enjoy your life Nola.