Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The Concert Review Thread

Comments

• TiradesOfTruthTiradesOfTruth Posts: 8,055 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Lmao @ meeting Trixie =))
    this

Also I was in the pit at a DevilDriver show and someone stepped on my heel and my shoe came off so some asshole thought it would be funny to throw it across the venue. I never did find it which pissed me off. At least you found yours though.
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,664 spicy boy
    Lmao @ meeting Trixie =))
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    Arlo got it in??
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    No because all men are pigs.
    I love winning with women
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    How many times in a half hour did the devil wears prada preach to the crowd. That bands fucking stupid.

Anyway I would have fought someone over the shoe thing but at the same time I would have been te asshole to throw it because crowd surfers get annoying after a while :-)
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • That_Guy_ArloThat_Guy_Arlo Posts: 14,026 master of ceremonies
    No because all men are pigs.
    LOL forgot about that line. But yeah, she's not very pleasant to meet.
    How many times in a half hour did the devil wears prada preach to the crowd. That bands fucking stupid.

Anyway I would have fought someone over the shoe thing but at the same time I would have been te asshole to throw it because crowd surfers get annoying after a while :-)
    They made one quick mention about their beliefs and said "God bless" to the crowd, nothing over the top. They didn't even talk at all until right before their last song.

And you know what you're getting into standing in the front. I didn't land on the guy or anything, but whatever though, him doing that led to the happiest point of my day when I found it.
    Lol I'm glad you had fun. Usually if someone comes over once or twice I'm like whatever but if it's the same person a third time I'll launch them as far as I can even if I'm in the first row. It's the risk you assume by crowd surfing same as me assuming the risk of getting landed on.

The one time I saw the devil wears prada dude talked for ten minutes about how we should find god. I wanted to break his knees
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
    Yeah I'm guessing since they only got half an hour they kept the jesus stuff short and sweet.

When it comes to crowdsurfing, you're also right, that's why I keep to maybe once or twice during a show. My guess is that this dude was waiting for Anthrax to play and had to stand through AA and all the kids that kept landing on him and finally just had enough and took my shoe. Must have been the wrong place at the wrong time for me.
    That's a very good possibility. I'll een usually pick people up onto the crowd if I know they have never crowd surfed it's cool to at least try once.
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,661 master of ceremonies
    TDWP didn't do a long speech when I saw them last time.

Happy they are just busting out the heavy shit cause they can go pretty damn hard when they want to.
  • MarcusMMarcusM Posts: 2,059 just the tip
    Arlo hit all the key points. But I'll give this a go.

I got to the venue and saw some
    random band playing on Sumerian stage and they sounded horrible so I was like ok moving on. Went around and found out TDWP was signing at 2 so we went ahead and got in line for that. Was really happy I got to meet the band finally.

After this we watched most of Upon a Burning Body who I was looking forward to seeing again. Like arlo I'm biased but Texas Blood Money had the crowd going. 8/10

Whitechapel was meh. Not a fan but the crowd seemed to like them.

Towards the end of Upon a Burning Body's set we went and met Asking Alexandria in the Jäger tents. Got the signed poster and headed over to Jäger stage for what we saw on set times would be asking Alexandria. Got to the rail easily as whitechapel fans left. I begin to notice they have the AILD banners up and was confused but was fine by me

It was my first time seeing AILD and wow sooo impressed. Amazing set and Tim is just an awesome lead singer. I just really wish they were playing Paralyzed. Definitely will look forward to seeing them again. 9/10

Next up was Asking Alexandria. My 3rd time seeing the band and was by far the worst yet. I love them but it wasn't what I wanted to see. Danny wasn't shitfaced which is normally their problem but he just didn't sound right. I think the guitars were too loud or something. I didn't really like their setlist because it was all songs off their most recent cd. Was pretty disappointed when it was over. Saw arlo crowd surfing and I did see him look back when security grabbed him but didn't know he was looking for a shoe haha. 7/10

We went to go see if we could meet slipknot but the line was longer than hell so we just decided to go get drinks and wait for Main Stage. I don't care for anthrax so we didn't watch them. And that Sumerian tent stage is just embarrassing so we didn't waste our time with it. Would have liked to watch I The Breather and Betraying the Martyrs but oh well.

The Devil Wears Prada. This was my 2nd time seeing them and man they brought it again. Mike was having a really good night and they really had alot of energy. The crowd in seats seemed iffy for them but from what I saw the people in the pit really liked them. Great setlist just wish they had played a few others that I like. 9.25/10

Motörhead. Oh gosh I was really disappointed. Not really a fan but was looking forward to seeing them. But wow haha. Lemmy sings like ozzy talks. Mumble mumble mumble THE ACE OF SPADES. Didn't enjoy them like I had hoped. The drum solo saved their rating 5/10

Slayer...I too gave them another shot but was the same shit from last mayhem. Standing around and just playing as fast as you can. The flashing speed of the lights is too excessive. Tom did actually talk to the crowd this time though so I knew they played more than one song with 35 solos. I sat down after disciple until I heard Raining Blood and stood for it. 3/10

Slipknot what can I say tons of energy as expected. Great choice of songs. Having Sid not in a wheel chair seemed to have the whole band energized and the crowd reacted. Corey was amazing vocally. It was crazy humid and hot towards the end of their set. I saw Corey throwing up on side stage right before Surfacing and then he passes out at end of song and crew came in and carried him off. 9.5/10

Overall one of the best Mayhem's I have been to. I had a great time.

• XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    These reviews :-L
    My first ever why you mad doe
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    arlo ur such a fag sometimes lmao
    My first ever why you mad doe
    the jimmies are forever rustled
    TDWP didn't do a long speech when I saw them last time.

Happy they are just busting out the heavy shit cause they can go pretty damn hard when they want to.
    ---------_____________---------
    i guess i need to leave this thread for a while ill come back when the sillyness lessens
    I'm not a fan of TDWP but from what I can tell they have a damn energetic live show. I'll be seeing them at Mayhem to get close for AILD.
    I'm not a fan of TDWP but from what I can tell they have a damn energetic live show. I'll be seeing them at Mayhem to get close for AILD.
    Fan or not if you give them a shot you'll enjoy them.
    arlo ur such a fag sometimes lmao
    :-*

TDWP >>>>>>> Slayer