Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The Concert Review Thread

Comments

• 1D_for_life1D_for_life Posts: 13,785 destroyer of motherfuckers
    @TheNobleFaceHumper You should definitely go see them. I'm not sure about vinyl, but there were tour posters.
  • ...... Posts: 31,548 master of ceremonies
    @TheNobleFaceHumper You should definitely go see them. I'm not sure about vinyl, but there were tour posters.
    I saw them on Toursick and again at Warped Tour last year, idk what it is about them, i normally hate bands like them but they do it so well, their live show is great.

And the cool part is they're meeting fans at the record store down the street before the show.
    inb4lists
  • 1D_for_life1D_for_life Posts: 13,785 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I saw them on Toursick and again at Warped Tour last year, idk what it is about them, i normally hate bands like them but they do it so well, their live show is great.

And the cool part is they're meeting fans at the record store down the street before the show.
    That's pretty much how it is with me haha! You should go to the signing because they're a really cool group of guys
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    Banter, talking between songs.

Tell me more about this fight?
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • GnomezGnomez Posts: 17,550 master of ceremonies
    Manson only played for an hour and 20?
    That's not long?

That's pretty much how it is with me haha! You should go to the signing because they're a really cool group of guys
    I'm taking a drum head and drum sticks to get signed, i just hope we can get more than one thing signed :E
    inb4lists
  • ZmbieFlavrdCupcakesZmbieFlavrdCupcakes Posts: 32,259 jayfacer
    Banter, talking between songs.

Tell me more about this fight?
    oh yea he did that but not excessive
    so this tiny guy next to me was shoving his shoulder into my tit and would not move
    i kinda shoved him a bit and i guess his girlfriend got upset and yelled at me so she grabbed my shirt and i got in her face but she stopped
    imageimage
  • GnomezGnomez Posts: 17,550 master of ceremonies
    Pushing his shoulder into your tit?
    Was he a midget?
    All you really tall?
  • ZmbieFlavrdCupcakesZmbieFlavrdCupcakes Posts: 32,259 jayfacer
    im 5'7
    he was pretty tiny
    imageimage
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    Lol.

Okay thanks for the review Bianca
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • That_Guy_ArloThat_Guy_Arlo Posts: 14,026 master of ceremonies
    edited May 2012
    Kittie - Dallas TX - 5/4/2012

Got to the venue a little while after the doors opened so there wasn't any wait in line. Stood around my car while my friend tried to chug a Joose before we went in which was quite cringe inducing. While we waited though, these guys came up to us asking if we'd buy ticket off them for $10 a piece. Turns out they are part of a local band that got dropped from the show, I bought one from them and we started to make our way inside.

Local band #1 - Never heard of them before, didn't really care.

Local band #2 - Didn't care for them either.

Bonded By Blood - Ok, so these guys weren't on the tour flyer and I didn't realize they were on the tour until I saw their merch for sale. Needless to say I was quite excited to see them. They tore the friggin stage up, great sound and stage presence that got me headbanging from beginning to end. I don't normally listen to thrash metal, but my god is it ever fun live. Nobody in the crowd really seemed to care for them but that didn't keep them from putting on a hell of a show. Would love to catch this band again. Ended up getting my picture with the lead singer after the show too, awesome set. 8/10

The Agonist - This was the band that I was mainly there to see, so I couldn't help but jump in the pit the whole set. Can't really comment on sound quality, as I was right near the front and mainly worried about not getting blindsided by someone in the pit. Shit was rough, but a hell of a lot of fun as the crowd wasn't a bunch of bloodthirsty assholes and helped each other up when someone got knocked over (as I did a few times). As for the band, basically the same show I've seen from them in the past, but that's not to take away from them. I'm a huge fan of them on album so I'm pretty happy with whatever they want to play, although I kinda wish they could have snuck in The Tempest to their setlist. Overall another solid set from this band, and even though it was the 4th time I've seen them I'd love to catch them again on their next tour whenever that may be. 8.5/10

Blackguard - I don't think I even need to review this band, as I'm sure most of yall have seen them more than enough times. Standard set from them as well which means some fast songs and a lot of movement from the band on stage. The venue I was at is notorious for having the music turned up too loud and this was especially noticeable for Blackguard, as it compromised the sound quality of the band (not that they're known for it anyway, but whatever). They're a fun band to watch, but it wouldn't kill me if I don't see them for awhile. 6.5/10

Kittie - I didn't know what to expect going in, but in all honestly I was really taken back by these girls as I had an absolute blast! I haven't listened to them in forever so I wasn't really familiar with their songs as much anymore, but I enjoyed pretty much everything they played. Sound quality was pretty good for where I was at (back up front again), and as for the stage presence, well, you can't really do anything wrong when you're a band of very attractive women. Joking aside, they do seem to enjoy themselves on stage, and the crowd really loved them. They also don't do a whole lot of talking, and while I don't mind concert banter, it's cool to see a band just go through song after song and let the music speak for itself. Would love to catch these girls again sometime in the future, as I definitely got my moneys worth at this show. I'd definitely recommend giving this band a chance sometime if you haven't seen them. 8.5/10
    Post edited by That_Guy_Arlo on
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    i love concert banter, as long as what theyre saying is funny or interesting
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    Every time I hear someone yell "buttscratchaaa" at a show, I want to punch them in the face.
    I love winning with women
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    I've never heard anybody yell that

My friend Mike was yelling "SLAYER!!!" constantly during the opening band for the Chevelle show.
  • NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    I really dislike it when bands go on a political rant
    imageimage
  • That_Guy_ArloThat_Guy_Arlo Posts: 14,026 master of ceremonies
    I really dislike it when bands go on a political rant
    Yeah, I'm totally fine with whatever kind of political lyrics they have in their songs, but could do without political rants during concerts regardless of what side their on. Same goes for religious rants, just let the music talk.
    Just got back from the Megadeth/Lacuna Coil show, there is only one word that describes Megadeth's performance, "epic"

They usually pick poor setlists but tonight they had an awesome one, also at the Hard Rock in Orlando there is a rule of NO moshing, no crowd surfing or circle pits, they were able to keep the crowd under control, that is until "Holy Wars" started, then the entire place just went...... berserk.

Also i caught the guitar pick Dave Mustaine used to play Holy Wars...The Punishment Due.
    --
    Megadeth

Trust
    In My Darkest Hour
    Hanger 18
    Guns, Drugs, Money
    Wake Up Dead
    Skin On My Teeth
    Foreclosure Of A Dream
    Dawn Patrol
    Poison Was The Cure
    Headcrusher
    A Tout Le Monde (with Cristina Scabbia)
    Whose Life (Is It Anyways?)
    Never Dead
    Public Enemy No. 1
    Sweating Bullets
    Symphony Of Destruction
    Peace Sells
    Holy Wars...The Punishment Due
    --

inb4lists
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    Megadeth set is pretty standard lol. Nothing new. I don't get tired of watching them though.

Arlo, I enjoyed reading the review but #-O
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
    Megadeth set is pretty standard lol. Nothing new. I don't get tired of watching them though.
    With the exception of Whose Life (Is It Anyways?) i loved every second of the show.
    inb4lists