Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The Concert Review Thread

Comments

• mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    Most of the time I wear a black between the buried and me shirt with lettering down the side in red.
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • MenAreTrashMenAreTrash Posts: 27,667 spicy boy
    I usually wear a shirt that fits the mood of the show.
  • ...... Posts: 31,548 master of ceremonies
    Yeah i got a couple weird looks a year ago when i wore my Skeletonwitch shirt to the Reel Big Fish show lol
    inb4lists
    I would like a Manson review miss Bianca
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    Some guy got really good footage of the show and put it up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yaeTD9bSxZs&feature=relmfu
    I love winning with women
  • ZmbieFlavrdCupcakesZmbieFlavrdCupcakes Posts: 32,259 jayfacer
    I would like a Manson review miss Bianca
    psh i dont do reviews :P
    imageimage
  • GnomezGnomez Posts: 17,550 master of ceremonies
    Oh go on B :-B
    Okay.jpg
    i dont like writing out the whole show bu i can answer questions about it lol
    imageimage
    Did Johnny Depp make an appearance? lol
    inb4lists
    Well fuck ...

Did he sound good? I want to go to the Manson/Zombie tour if it comes here, but a lot of people have said he sounds bad more often than not.
    inb4lists
    he sounded very good
    imageimage
    When did you leave for the show?
    How long was the line when you got there?
    Dis anything interesting happen before, after, or during the show?
    What kind of merch did you get and what were prices like?
    How was the opening band(s)?
    What rating would you give them?
    What songs did they play?
    What was the atmosphere like before Manson came out?
    How was his stage set up?
    What was the setlist?
    Did he have good sound?
    How long did her play?
    Any banter?
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    loooooooooooooooooool

What songs did they play?
    What was the setlist?
    :-??
    inb4lists
  • 1D_for_life1D_for_life Posts: 13,785 destroyer of motherfuckers
    ENTER SHIKARI- 5/5/12 Dallas, Texas

Last night I went and saw Enter Shikari for the second time. The first time being at Warped Tour last summer and we only got 5 songs during the set, so I was kind of disappointed. This time, however, Enter Shikari was on their very first headlining tour in the US.

I went to the show with two of my friends who had got me into Enter Shikari. I’ll admit at first I didn’t really like them but after ‘Mothership’ got stuck in my head, I couldn’t stop listening to them. Their mix of hardcore/electronic/dubstep/metal is quite interesting, I’ve never heard anything like it.

We arrived to the venue about thirty minutes before the doors opened because I still needed to purchase my ticket and I had no idea how packed it was going to be. While standing in line, we met up with some friends that were attending the Hoodie Allen (some white rapper) concert next tour and we chatted for a while. Soon enough, the workers at The Door split the line into two- those who had already bought tickets and those who hadn’t. Needless to say, I was all alone for a while. I got into the venue earlier than my friends so I waited by the merch booth (all the Enter Shikari shirts were $20). We hung around for a little while because the show ended up not starting until 8pm. Now… onto the review.

At the Skylines: I had not heard of them prior to the show and I like to give bands a chance but holy shit, these guys sucked so bad. Their music is bad and they should feel bad.
    Score: 0/10

Letlive: Another band I was not very familiar with, but I checked out a few songs on the previous day. The only problem that I had with them were the high screams because that’s all that they seemed to do. Letlive really reminded me of Stray From the Path. Overall it was a decent show, much better than that band before.
    Score: 6.5/10

Enter Shikari: The only reason why I was here- Enter Shikari. The lackluster performances by the other bands got me so much more excited to see them. I’ll admit, I did take a peek at the setlist beforehand. Seventeen songs was a pleasant surprise. We made our way to about eight people deep as we were just going to slip past everybody when they started jumping. They came out with their intro ‘System…’ and heading straight into ‘…Meltdown’ which is probably my favorite off of the new album. Wow. The place erupted! I made it all the way up to the very front. There were stage divers galore at the show and I even got in on the action a numerous times.

They made it to one of my favorites, ‘Mothership’ and I felt like I was about to pass out (dehydration), so I headed back to go buy some water. I stood towards the back. I watched ‘Search Party’ and part of ‘Juggernauts’ from the back with my friend, Mitch, who was also in dire need of water. I easily made my way back up to the front for the remainder of the show.

They ended on the single, ‘Sssnakepit’ which sounded a lot better live to be honest. A ton of people got on stage and grabbed to microphone to sing along, including myself. Rou then dove off of the monitors into our crowd and we all lifted him above our heads. They seem like they have so much fun playing live and it really shows. Enter Shikari reminded me why they’re one of my favorite live bands of all-time.
    Score: 10/10

After the show, I caught half of drumstick which is the first in my collection. Max, TC, and I headed home right after the show because we were exhausted. We grabbed some food at Whataburger (this seems to be our usual post-concert snack).

**Setlist**
    - System…
    - …Meltdown
    - The Feast
    - The Jester
    - Gandhi Mate, Gandhi
    - Sorry, You’re Not a Winner
    - Hello Tyrannosaurus, Meet Tyrannicide
    - Havoc B
    - Destabilise
    - Mothership
    - Search Party
    - Juggernauts
    - Arguing with Thermometers
    - Stand Your Ground, This is Ancient Land
    - Enter Shikari
    - Return to Energiser
    - Sssnakepit
    ENTER SHIKARI- 5/5/12 Dallas, Texas

Last night I went and saw Enter Shikari for the second time. The first time being at Warped Tour last summer and we only got 5 songs during the set, so I was kind of disappointed. This time, however, Enter Shikari was on their very first headlining tour in the US.

I went to the show with two of my friends who had got me into Enter Shikari. I’ll admit at first I didn’t really like them but after ‘Mothership’ got stuck in my head, I couldn’t stop listening to them. Their mix of hardcore/electronic/dubstep/metal is quite interesting, I’ve never heard anything like it.

We arrived to the venue about thirty minutes before the doors opened because I still needed to purchase my ticket and I had no idea how packed it was going to be. While standing in line, we met up with some friends that were attending the Hoodie Allen (some white rapper) concert next tour and we chatted for a while. Soon enough, the workers at The Door split the line into two- those who had already bought tickets and those who hadn’t. Needless to say, I was all alone for a while. I got into the venue earlier than my friends so I waited by the merch booth (all the Enter Shikari shirts were $20). We hung around for a little while because the show ended up not starting until 8pm. Now… onto the review.

At the Skylines: I had not heard of them prior to the show and I like to give bands a chance but holy shit, these guys sucked so bad. Their music is bad and they should feel bad.
    Score: 0/10

Letlive: Another band I was not very familiar with, but I checked out a few songs on the previous day. The only problem that I had with them were the high screams because that’s all that they seemed to do. Letlive really reminded me of Stray From the Path. Overall it was a decent show, much better than that band before.
    Score: 6.5/10

Enter Shikari: The only reason why I was here- Enter Shikari. The lackluster performances by the other bands got me so much more excited to see them. I’ll admit, I did take a peek at the setlist beforehand. Seventeen songs was a pleasant surprise. We made our way to about eight people deep as we were just going to slip past everybody when they started jumping. They came out with their intro ‘System…’ and heading straight into ‘…Meltdown’ which is probably my favorite off of the new album. Wow. The place erupted! I made it all the way up to the very front. There were stage divers galore at the show and I even got in on the action a numerous times.

They made it to one of my favorites, ‘Mothership’ and I felt like I was about to pass out (dehydration), so I headed back to go buy some water. I stood towards the back. I watched ‘Search Party’ and part of ‘Juggernauts’ from the back with my friend, Mitch, who was also in dire need of water. I easily made my way back up to the front for the remainder of the show.

They ended on the single, ‘Sssnakepit’ which sounded a lot better live to be honest. A ton of people got on stage and grabbed to microphone to sing along, including myself. Rou then dove off of the monitors into our crowd and we all lifted him above our heads. They seem like they have so much fun playing live and it really shows. Enter Shikari reminded me why they’re one of my favorite live bands of all-time.
    Score: 10/10

After the show, I caught half of drumstick which is the first in my collection. Max, TC, and I headed home right after the show because we were exhausted. We grabbed some food at Whataburger (this seems to be our usual post-concert snack).

**Setlist**
    - System…
    - …Meltdown
    - The Feast
    - The Jester
    - Gandhi Mate, Gandhi
    - Sorry, You’re Not a Winner
    - Hello Tyrannosaurus, Meet Tyrannicide
    - Havoc B
    - Destabilise
    - Mothership
    - Search Party
    - Juggernauts
    - Arguing with Thermometers
    - Stand Your Ground, This is Ancient Land
    - Enter Shikari
    - Return to Energiser
    - Sssnakepit
    Nice, possibly going to see them on 5/12, do you remember or not if they were selling their vinyls or tour posters?
    inb4lists
    When did you leave for the show? 3
    How long was the line when you got there? the VIP line we were on wasnt so bad
    Dis anything interesting happen before, after, or during the show? no, no, drunk people and hookers made up a good portion of the crowd and i almost got into a fight
    What kind of merch did you get and what were prices like? i got a tour shirt which was $35
    How was the opening band(s)? not my cup of tea. i dont like watching slutty chicks on stage
    What rating would you give them? 3
    What songs did they play? no idea. didnt pay attention
    What was the atmosphere like before Manson came out? so god damn restless
    How was his stage set up? looking at the stage, Twiggy was on the right, bass player on the left, him in the middle and the drums behind him
    What was the setlist? its been posted here already and i didnt write anything down
    Did he have good sound? yes, very good sound
    How long did he play? around an hour and 20 minutes
    Any banter? banter? what?
    imageimage