Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The Concert Review Thread

Comments

• FLATFLAT Posts: 60,664 spicy boy
    why no review of nemhf
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    i pretty much have reviewed all these bands before but fine

skeletonwitch - switched up the set list a little. awesome as always.. i was fukked up during there set.. pretty crazy 9/10

carnifex - gayest band ive ever seen but i gotta hand it to some of the high school fags they were throwin don icrowd not as crazy as ive seen them before.. n the pit and the funny dancers were entertaining to watch 2/10

Oceano - dear lord 1/10

nile - i have to say slightly disappointing.. i thought they were gonna sound heavier i dunno werent bad doe 7/10

agaycia strain - i wanted to die 1.5/10

tbdm - alot of peeps are tired doe by the headliner from moshing all day cuz every nehmf band is pretty much a moshing band.. played a couple songs i like and i always love seeing this band i like them better at like an outdoor sidestage like mayhem better... overall tho pretty great live band 8.5 / 10

out of three metaL fests was prolly my second fav.. i felt like shit all day again just like last year, it sucked but i def had fun and ill prolly go again next year
  • NOLANOLA Posts: 6,353 jayfacer
    Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers - New Orleans, LA - 4/28/12 (Jazz and Heritage Festival)

Listen to Her Heart
    You Wreck Me
    I Won't Back Down
    Here Comes My Girl
    Handle with Care
    Lover's Touch
    I'm A Man
    Something Big
    Have Love Will Travel
    Free Fallin'
    Spike
    Travelin' Light
    Time to Move On
    Learning to Fly
    Yer So Bad
    I Shoulda Known It
    Good Enough
    Refugee
    Runnin' Down A Dream
    Mary Jane's Last Dance
    American Girl

Bruce Springsteen - New Orleans, LA - 4/29/12 (Jazz and Heritage Festival)

Badlands
    We Take Care Of Our Own
    Wrecking Ball
    Out In the Street
    Death to My Hometown
    How Can a Poor Man Stand Such Times and Live? (Blind Alfred Reed cover) (first time played with E Street Band)
    Jack of All Trades
    Something You Got (Chris Kenner cover w/ Dr. John)
    Oh Mary Don’t You Weep (first time played with E Street Band)
    Prove It All Night
    Johnny 99
    Waitin' on a Sunny Day
    The Promised Land
    The Ghost of Tom Joad
    The Rising
    Lonesome Day
    We Are Alive
    Land of Hope and Dreams
    Pay Me My Money Down (first time played with E Street Band)
    Dancing in the Dark
    Rocky Ground
    Born to Run
    -----------
    When the Saints Go Marching In
    Tenth Avenue Freeze-Out

Only one word could describe both sets.... Phenomenal!
    nah dood that springsteen setlist blows but hes always a great time live.. but he needs a better setlist goin on..

petty playin handle with care is pretty bad ass
    edited April 2012
    The set list blows? Get outta here with that shit. It was first time seeing the band. If it's my last time, I'm more than happy with it. The 90,000 people out there seemed more than satisfied as well.
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,664 spicy boy
    hes fun no matter what he plays but there is no amazing song on that list..i aint sayin he wasnt great he def brings it i just would prefer better songs than lomesome day, dancing in the dark, mary dont you weep etc....
    id rather here songs like backstreets, drive all night, spirit in the night, incicdent on 57th street, racing in the street...and why isnt he playin stuff off his fairly recent The Promise box set? those songs kill i cant believe hes not playin them..
    Of course there are things I would've preferred, but you can probably say that for any show you go to. For what it was..I have no complaints. It was an excellent show, one I'll never forget.
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,661 master of ceremonies
    edited April 2012
    Behemoth-White Rabbit-San Antonio, Texas

Got the venue at 6:30 when doors just opened. Parked in the back of the venue and the guys from Watain, Devils Blood, and In Solitude we in the back drinking and running around having fun. Weird seeing the guys from Watain all happy and chippery lol. Went inside the venue and went straight to the merch stand to see what shirts Behemoth and Watain had. Most shirts and the tour shirts with dates cost $25. All over print cost $40, hoodie's $45, baseball T $35, and vinyl $30. Got me this nice black on black Behemoth shirt for $25. The logo is this shiny black material that shines in the light. Pretty damn cool if you ask me.

imageimageimageimage

In Solitude

Soon as we heard people started cheering, we ran straight through the doors inside where the stage was for In Solitude. First time seeing them and they sounded pretty damn good. Had a Mercyful Fate type feel to them and the overall sound was heavy and nice. Lead singer sure does like to hit himself in the head with his mic though lol. I would check them out again if they came through here.

6/10

1. We Were Never Here
    2. The World, the Flesh, the Devil
    3. To Her Darkness
    4. Witches Sabbath

The Devils Blood

After In Solitude we walked out and sat for a bit to get some air and cool down. After about 10 minutes The Devils Blood came on. Very interesting and creepy band haha. They came out in...DEVILS BLOOD :O and the lead singer is a chick. She had a pretty damn good voice and the three guitar attack they had was pretty damn good. They all complimented each other and you could hear all of them pretty clear. One of the guitarist is pretty fucking creepy and takes his shit way to serious outside of the stage <_> Overall they had a pretty fun set and got everyone moving and the crowd enjoyed them a lot.

7/10

1. The Graveyard Shuffle
    2. Fire Burning
    3. The Time of No Time
    4. Evermore
    5. The Thousandfold Epicentre
    6. Christ or Cocaine

Watain

After Devils Blood we went outside again to get some air and cool down. I was pumped to see Watain since it was my first time seeing them. They had this creepy music going the whole time they were setting up the stage. Had pig hearts on spikes, candles, flags, and more typical Black Metal stuff. After about 10min the whole venue was packed and people were ready for Watain. The lights went down and they took the stage to roaring cheers and people screaming hail Satan. Man did they deliver. Watain put on a incredible show and the front man(Eric) was hands down one of the better Black Metal front man going right now. He was all over the place and just going crazy. Would get in people's faces screaming the lyrics, praising Satan, and more. They had so much energy and were just bringing their A game. Was great to see and I hope they come here for a headlining show soon.

9/10

1. Malfeitor
    2. Reaping Death
    3. The Serpent's Chalice
    4. Total Funeral
    5. Waters of Ain

Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Photobucket

Behemoth

After Watain we just moved up as close as we can get for Behemoth. Took them about 20-25 minutes to finally set up the stage and get everything set up. The venue was packed from front to back and they had to open up the side doors to fit more people in. Chants of "BEHEMOTH!" roared all over the venue and the crowd was ready to explode. The lights went off and the crowd went absolutely nuts. Behemoth chants left and right and pits already started going. Inferno came out and the crowd went even more nuts. "Inferno" chants broke out and he had this cheese ass smile going lol. Seth came out in this hooded robe, Orion came out, and last but not least Nergal came out with this mean looking face ready to rip your fucking heart out of your chest. They stood there for about a minute and busted open into Ov Fire and the Void. Place exploded with pits and the usual fist pumping YEAH! chants. Nergal sounded excellent and looked even better. The dude was going crazy on his guitar and moving like I have never seen him move before. You can tell he has a new appreciation on life and it showed. Next they exploded into Demigod and the crowd was just eating it up. Nergal had the whole venue in the palm of his hand the entire night. The whole group were on their A game as well and going just as crazy as Nergal. This was by far the best Behemoth performance I have seen and I hope they come back soon so I can see it again.

11/10

1.Ov Fire and the Void
    2. Demigod
    3. Moonspell Rites
    4. Conquer All
    5. The Thousand Plagues I Witness
    6. Alas, the Lord is Upon Me
    7. The Seed ov I
    8. Decade of Therion
    9. At the Left Hand ov God
    10. Slaves Shall Serve
    11. Chant for Eschaton 2000
    ---
    12. 23 (The Youth Manifesto)
    13. Lucifer

Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Post edited by MarcTheFallen on
    edited April 2012
    After the show we headed back behind the venue to wait for the band. The guys from Watain were back there chilling and I got to meet the lead singer. Cool dude and he's small as hell. After awhile we walked to the bus and Nergal was outside talking and signing stuff. Dude was nice as hell and he really does appreciate the love from the fans. Signed everything and took lots of pictures with everyone. He even got his phone out and took pictures of the fans tattoos. Talked with him for a bit and told him the last time I saw him was Mayhem Fest and that I was happy to see him back. He thanked me and appreciated all the love he was getting. He asked if I wanted to talk with the other guys and I said yes haha. He went in the bus and called Orion out. That guy is the fucking Hulk <_> hands are huge and he was ripping out of his damn shirt. He was nice as well. Met Seth but didn't really talk to him. I think he can't speak English well at all which was why he wasn't really talking to anyone. You can tell he wants to say something, but doesn't say it since he probably can't pronounce things right. Was a nice guy though.

Finally the highlight of the night was meeting Inferno. All I kept hearing about him was that he is shy, likes to be alone, doesn't talk much, and so on. Totally wrong on everything. The guy was fucking hilarious and very outgoing with everyone. His hard accent made things a little funny when he talked haha. I think the guy does some very ass drinking cause we were talking about his previous shows here and he couldn't remember shit. I said last time yall played here was with JFAC and he gave me this look like i was fucking trolling him or something. He said, "WHAT? FUCK NO!" I told him "Yeah it was with JFAC and Gojira opened for yall" Soon as I said Gojira opened for them, his face went :O and lit up like I he got the best Christmas present in the world. His eyes were fucking huge lol. He doesn't remember that damn show at all and it was just funny.

Hour passed by of talking with him and such and I asked him about if a new album was in the works. He said not at this time, but that it would come out autumn next year. So if you want a new Behemoth album you are going to have to wait awhile. Told him bye and we took off. Hands down was one of the best shows this year. The bill top to bottom was good and different from start to finish. If it's coming near you then GO! Won't regret it.

Photobucket
    tn.jpg 15.6K
    Post edited by MarcTheFallen on
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    Short sets
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • 1D_for_life1D_for_life Posts: 13,785 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I wish that Behemoth show came through up here
    Short sets but long ass songs.
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    @downnola my Brit Lit teacher was at that fest...
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    edited May 2012
    MESHUGGAH/BARONESS/DECAPITATED
    5/3/12 Tempe, AZ

My first review in fuck knows how long.

Decapitated - I actually missed their set while interviewing Baizley. Seen them before, though, so no big loss. ?/10

Baroness - I have decided that this was the best set I've seen to date. The sound was perfect and it was just flat out groovy and awesome. It was much more of an experience/journey than an actual set. I loved the new songs, too. The only bad part was that this one fucking asshole shoved his way to the front two songs in and starts waving his middle fingers in the air at John, yelling stuff along the lines of "YOU'RE A FUCKING FAGGOT, HAHAHAHAHA!! FUCKING PUSSY ASS MUSIC!!" People got really fucking irritated really fucking fast. I mean, it was during their quieter parts of one of the songs (or in between songs), where they're just calmly playing too. After about twenty seconds of him doing that, security shines their flashlight on the guy, and people start pulling him back and pushing him out towards the back. At that point, I was pretty pissed off that he was ruining this experience for everyone. Well about 15-20 minutes later, the guy comes back with one of his friends and starts doing the same thing. Now the security guards were getting pissed as well. People, myself included, start yanking the guy out and a full on fight nearly broke out. After only a couple minutes, security straight up take the guy and literally drag him out of the venue. I really hope there's footage of this coming up soon. But that aside, this was an incredible set. 11/10

Meshuggah - Fucking great, just fucking great. The sound was also really good for this set. At this time, I had actually gotten a spot on the rail as opposed to during Baroness where I was just jamming out and not giving a fuck where I was. The intro was way too drawn out, though. It was over six minutes of just this humming noise. The coolest part about the set was this one part where they walked off stage and their green LED lights (there were four of them) start lighting up one at a time while this alien/robotic voice spoke. Really sweet. Caught one of Haake's drumsticks at the end too :D 9/10

Picz (refresh the page when you read this because the pics are really big)

After the interview:

Baroness:

Meshuggah:

I love winning with women
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    Jesus you're fast. The minute I request the review, it's here....
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    edited May 2012
    I'll repeat what I said on facebook, I'm beginning to believe you do not own more than one shirt. Other than that, show sounds great...wish I could make it.
    image Photobucket
    To be honest, I really just love this shirt. It's kind of my default shirt... whenever I can't make up my mind on what I want to wear to a show, I go with the Early Graves one. Which is often.
    I love winning with women
  • ...... Posts: 31,548 master of ceremonies
    I'll repeat what I said on facebook, I'm beginning to believe you do not own more than one shirt. Other than that, show sounds great...wish I could make it.
    You don't have a "concert going shirt" ? I always wear my Megadeth shirt to shows, even if it's like a alt/ska show lol
    inb4lists