Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The Concert Review Thread

Comments

• KridesBrideBrittKridesBrideBritt Posts: 25,781 jayfacer
    i think pennyroyal tea or you know your right would sound badass live
    I think Seether does those live too. Puddle of Mudd tends to stick to my favorite: Breed.
    kristianPhotobucketPhotobucket Trephination-Tuesday Nights/Wednesday Mornings...11pm-1am- http://wrsu.rutgers.edu/listen.html
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    I was just listening to Breed. @-)
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
    I is in your computers, watching you.
    kristianPhotobucketPhotobucket Trephination-Tuesday Nights/Wednesday Mornings...11pm-1am- http://wrsu.rutgers.edu/listen.html
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    i heard otep do breed, it was okay. not great tho..seethers cover was better
    Maybe that's why I have an urge to listen to Apocalyptica....
    Maybe that's why I have an urge to listen to Apocalyptica....
    Hells yeah!!!
    i heard otep do breed, it was okay. not great tho..seethers cover was better
    This was my first time seeing Seether. But they started off as a Nirvana cover band.
    didnt know that.....
    didnt know that.....
    Makes sense, huh?
    yeah i guezz now lol
  • BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Fucking Danzig @ The Rave in Milwaukee, Wisconsin 5/22/11

A two hour drive to the magical land of Wisconsin on a Sunday night, but I wasn't about to miss Danzig on the weekend of my birthday.

First off, merch was retardedly expensive. Danzig shirts were 35, and the designs were extremely stock.

2Cent Generic Brand Pantera - These guys were listenable, but I can't believe they consider themselves a serious band. Bad enough their songs sound like half-assed Pantera songs, but their wannabe vocalist screams exactly like Anselmo and has the same facial hair and Cowboys From Hell-era haircut. Lame.

Devildriver - I was not expecting much from these guys, but I was pleasantly surprised. While I've never been big on their music, they were fun in a club setting and the crowd was fun for them. Much better than Ozzfest 2010.

Danzig - After what seemed like forever, Wotan's Procession came over the PA, and it set the stage for what would be an amazing performance by the one and only Glenn Danzig and friends. It was a pleasant surprise to see Johnny Kelly back on the drums, and Steve Zing was really slamming the bass. While I love Prong, Tommy Victor is the fucking worst at soloing and occasionally does horrid pinch harmonics. His lack of skill did not take away from the performance, though. Glenn sounded phenomenal, and had great stage presence. I was expecting Do You Wear The Mark? after How The Gods Kill, as they were playing them in that order for the whole tour, but instead Glenn asked the crowd if we'd rather hear that or It's Coming Down, which was a no brainer. It sounded awesome and Johnny Kelly had these sweet samplers that were like thunder claps (like a bass drop but not gay) that he used as the song broke into the chorus. It was sweet. For the encore Glenn asked us what we wanted to hear, either Am I Demon or She Rides, and the crowd cheered for She Rides slightly more. While I love that song, I was pissed that we weren't gonna hear Am I Demon. Afterwards, Glenn asked again what we wanted and told Johnny Kelly "alright you're not off the hook" and Victor ripped into the riff for Am I Demon. It was awesome and a great way to end the night.

Wotan's Procession
    Skincarver
    Twist of Cain
    Hammer Of The Gods
    Deth Red Moon
    Her Black Wings
    How The Gods Kill
    It's Coming Down
    Ju Ju Bone
    On A Wicked Night
    Rebel Spirits
    Thirteen
    Bringer of Death
    Mother
    ---
    She Rides
    Am I Demon

Bringer Of Death was brutal live, as was HTGK. Awesome, awesome show. I hope this isn't the last time Danzig comes out here, but if it is, at least I got to see him put on a phenomenal show.
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
    Forgot to mention, the crowd had plenty of drunks. Some more idiotic than others.

There was one really tall asshole that wasn't able to balance himself, so he was falling on everyone. I got sick of it, so in a major "yeah I'm hardcore" moment, I shoved his stupid ass off to the side towards the pit and didn't have to deal with him anymore.
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,596 spicy boy
    Fucking Danzig @ The Rave in Milwaukee, Wisconsin 5/22/11

A two hour drive to the magical land of Wisconsin on a Sunday night, but I wasn't about to miss Danzig on the weekend of my birthday.

First off, merch was retardedly expensive. Danzig shirts were 35, and the designs were extremely stock.

Devildriver - I was not expecting much from these guys, but I was pleasantly surprised. While I've never been big on their music, they were fun in a club setting and the crowd was fun for them. Much better than Ozzfest 2010.

Wotan's Procession
    Skincarver
    Twist of Cain
    Hammer Of The Gods
    Deth Red Moon
    Her Black Wings
    How The Gods Kill
    It's Coming Down
    Ju Ju Bone
    On A Wicked Night
    Rebel Spirits
    Thirteen
    Bringer of Death
    Mother
    ---
    She Rides
    Am I Demon

Devildriver - I was not expecting much from these guys

They were boring as fuck at Ozzfest, and I've never dug any of their songs besides Not All Who Wander Are Lost
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,596 spicy boy
    yeah ozzfest is not there best setting...they are killaz in a club tho
  • TiradesOfTruthTiradesOfTruth Posts: 8,055 destroyer of motherfuckers
    DevilDriver is fucking beast in the club setting.
    I lol'ed hard but I feel so bad for the dog lol.
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,282 mod
    At least Danzig didn't get ko'd at your show.

*tongue click that loosely translates to "Kill People Burn Shit Fuck School"*
    *tongue click that loosely translates to "Kill People Burn Shit Fuck School"*
    Bahahahaha