Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The Concert Review Thread

Comments

• laurjohn2laurjohn2 Posts: 6,951 balls deep
    in my 25+ years of concert going, i've only crowd surfed once...and got dropped
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    Taking a second look at that setlist, it's a lot more epic than I thought at first glance. I didn't even see Elite or Feiticeira!
    I love winning with women
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    I crowd surfed once at Mayhem and had the beast of a security guard not caught me i would have landed on my head.Never again for me.
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    when 100 lbs girls crowd surf idgaf, but when the same four 250 dudes crowdsurf to the front then do it again like 2 min later for the entire show im going to drop them as hard as i can
  • HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I'm glad you're not concust dayna >:D<
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    I don't think I'll ever crowd surf. I deal with them but I don't think I would ever want to do it and hurt somebody.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I really want to see DEP. Hopefully they come here with good support soon.
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
    Taking a second look at that setlist, it's a lot more epic than I thought at first glance. I didn't even see Elite or Feiticeira!
    Elite was one of the best songs of the night, by far.
    I used to crowdsurf when I waas younger, but I would never just lay back and let the crowd determine my direction. I would wlways be on top of the crowd like crawling over bodies, that way if I fell, I would have a chance to protect my head :-bd
  • WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I've crowd surfed and stage dove, and I dont think anyone ever got hurt with my actions. I'd think if I had hurt someone they probably would have punched me hard while I was above them.

Best stage dive was at Nirvana because I had to clear the 5 foot gap over securities head. The other times I've done it, it was at small venues and the rail went right up to the stage... no gap.
    stagedive > crowdsurf
  • BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
    People were landing on me at Municipal Waste, but it was fun. It was a packed crowd so I didn't care.
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRFzE-gWd74

I am in this video....10 points if you can find me.
  • 1D_for_life1D_for_life Posts: 13,785 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Edgefest 21

I attended the annual rock festival held by my local radio station at Pizza Hut Park this past Saturday for the first time and what an experience it was. I arrived kind of late (around 3:45) due to prior commitments. Luckily, there were only a handful of bands that I wanted to see. Despite all of the down time between sets, my friend and I were able to keep ourselves entertained thanks to all of the vendors scattered across the stadium. Now lets get to those band reviews…

A Day To Remember: The pop-punk group out of Florida played on the main stage and was on of the bands I was really looking forward to seeing. Unfortunately, I was only able to catch their last two songs, The Plot To Bomb The Panhandle and The Downfall of Us All. They seemed to put on a cool show but I didn’t get to see enough so I won’t rate them. They’ll be back this summer on Warped Tour and I will not miss these guys!

Flogging Molly: Oh my goodness these guys were absolutely awesome! They just made me want to grab a pint of Guinness and party with everyone! Their punk/folk sound is unbelievably catchy and just grabs your attention. I wasn’t able to get too close thanks to a knee surgery a few weeks ago but I got as close as I could. The banjo intro to Drunken Lullabies kicked in and the crowd went absolutely nuts. They played a few songs off their upcoming album Speed of Darkness which I wasn’t personally familiar with. They closed their set with What’s Left of the Flag and it was freakin’ amazing to say the least! After their show my friend and I were able to meet Nathen, Bob, and Matt. They were really kind and better yet they liked my West Ham football jersey.
    Overall Rating: 9/10

Social Distortion: We had to go back up to our seats for their set on the main stage since the side stage was done after Flogging Molly. They were nice seats even though my camera didn’t show it. Once they hit the stage I was so excited to finally see them live. They look like such badasses on stage with their shades and slicked back hair and can pull it off. They played an awesome set with most of their hits such as Bad Luck and Ball and Chain. Social Distortion closed their set with the familiar cover of Ring of Fire. They are living legends , well, at least Mike is anyway.
    Overall Rating: 8.5/10

Weezer: They were the main reason I bought tickets to the show in the first place so we moved closer to some vacant seats a few sections over. Unfortunately, they did not have a signing at the show and I even brought the Red album for them sign but I can’t complain. Anyways, onto their show. The giant “=w=” lit up and the opening riff to Hash Pipe commenced. Rivers has a great stage presence and got the whole crowd involved especially during Photograph when he went into the crowd for a sing along. Their whole set was a big sing along for me and the rest of the crowd. They played seventeen songs total and seven of them were off the blue album (including Only in Dreams!!!!). After the epic Only in Dreams, Weezer came back out for their two song encore which consisted of If You’re Wondering if I Want You To (I Want You To) and Buddy Holly. I had no voice afterwards from singing along to every single song! This is by far my show of the year. Weezer, please come back to Dallas soon!
    Overall Rating: 10/10 (It would have been an 11/10 if they played The Greatest Man That Ever Lived)

I bought a Weezer shirt with the Pinkerton album artwork on it but it had their Memories Tour dates on it haha!
  • ZmbieFlavrdCupcakesZmbieFlavrdCupcakes Posts: 32,259 jayfacer
    everytime i guy crowd surfs i punch them in the balls
    when its a chick, i pull her hair out
    imageimage
    Bianca, did you see E-Town Concrete yesterday?
  • SantanaSantana Posts: 16,743 juggalo
    I'll kick anyone in the face who does that to me
  • ZmbieFlavrdCupcakesZmbieFlavrdCupcakes Posts: 32,259 jayfacer
    nope
    good luck finding them
    imageimage
  • SantanaSantana Posts: 16,743 juggalo
    nope
    good luck finding them
    True but I'd do my best and even if it is a girl, I'd drop him/her
    nope