Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The Concert Review Thread

Comments

• Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,594 spicy boy
    they will play only there radio hits
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    they will play only there radio hits
    not necessarily true, they played some underground favorites in 08
  • 1D_for_life1D_for_life Posts: 13,785 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Cliche songs suck...
  • AdamAdam Posts: 11,533 balls deep
    I haven't seen disturbed for 3 years so i am exicited to see them.
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    It will be the same as when you saw them three years ago
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I dislike people skipping my review that I worked sthuper hard on
    Deicide 2/26/11 Review

I'll start off by saying that Glen Benton walked past me twice. It was interesting.....

The Review:

Pathology: Their new singer was much better than expected, although I couldn't help but laugh at every intro being "Ok, this next song is called OOOOYOAORFOGZOFOHOODFHOSFDHOSDFHSHFSSF". They had a very energetic and tight performance and their drummer was fucking great. I'd definitely recommend checking them out.

Neuraxis: I was interested in seeing these guys, but they overall put on a pretty bland performance. They are all talent musicians and I like their music, but their set seemed to blend together to the point of boredom. I've seen worse openers, though.

My friend and I went next door to the Greek restaurant and got cream sodas (fuckyea.jpg). We just hung around outside talking to some regulars for majority of Blackguard's set. We finally went in, and to my surprise, they were incredibly gay. Thankfully they were starting their last song when we got in. The guitarists obviously wanted to be in Dimmu Borgir, while the terrible vocalist obviously wanted to be inside a dudes's ass. He sucked. I also liked the pretty keyboard nonsense that was obviously just thrown in so they could call themselves a folk band. Fuck you Blackguard.

Belphegor: CHEE-CAH-GOOOOOOOR. These guys really surprised me. This was their first show on the tour. They played scary noises on the PA before they went on, which was kind of dumb. As soon as they walked on stage, the only thing left on my mind was how evil this fucking performance was going to be, and that it was. These guys put on one of the best shows I have ever seen, and the singer's scary voice in between songs in hysterical. Adam told me about how excellent it is when the guy says Chicago but I never thought it would be as good as it is. By the end of the night, a good portion of the crowd was yelling CHEE-CAH-GOOOOOOOOR. The crowd laughed when the vocalist was introducing the last song in his voice, "THIS IS OUR LAST SONG, AND IT IS CALLED.......whatever."

Deicide: A legendary band which can now quite possibly be called a death metal supergroup, Deicide came to destroy. Glen Benton gave us his very best indecipherable jibberish vocals, and the band was in top form. He also said our pizza sucked (FUCK YOU) and said not to tell anyone but he hates Canada (you talked shit on my pizza so I'm spreading the word, Glenny). Ralph Santolla was easily the highlight of the performance, his leads were spot on. It was also cool to see Jack Owen playing the same model guitar as me (Ibanez Les Paul copies ftw). So yeah, all in all, good stuff folks.

Deicide tour shirts were 30 (GAY) and reprints of older albums were 25. Pathology shirts were 20, which was a bit surprising. Cream soda from the Greek place next door was one dollar. Also, I guess Blackguard are filming a video at Reggie's (same place) at 11:00 am today. The instructions say to "wear your most metal outfits." No thanks.

Go to this tour if it's coming by you, the addition of Belphegor makes it a must see.
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,282 mod
    We discussed your review on xbox. <_>

• JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    , with her windmill headbanging rivaling that of Mark Osegueda's
    [-X
    Don't knock it til you see it. She's got the dreads too.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
    We discussed your review on xbox. <_>
    You aren't the only person on this forum foo
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    Good review Brian. I'm not going to the show tonight, but it sounds fun. <_>
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
    8->
    edited February 2011
    rhbewruygbqurga
  • That_Guy_ArloThat_Guy_Arlo Posts: 14,026 master of ceremonies
    edited February 2011
    lmao I friggin love Brian's reviews, too damn funny.

I Love me some Blackguard though!

• Its_Meh_ChewIts_Meh_Chew Posts: 7,380 just the tip
    I assume Ke$ha's "headset" was the little autotune mic (i only know because one year at one of the award shows, Jimmy Fallon did an autotune bit with the kind of headset ed described
    Yeah, it was.
    She used autotune for the first four songs.

• Ace_Deputy_CheezeAce_Deputy_Cheeze Posts: 14,736 jayfacer
    Cuz she cant sing...
    Deputy_Cheeze's Profile Page Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
    Actually she can
    The autotune was needed for the first four songs because it was used for fun and matched the dance atmosphere of the songs.

• ZmbieFlavrdCupcakesZmbieFlavrdCupcakes Posts: 32,259 jayfacer
    so autotune is ok for this bitch but not AA!?
    imageimage
    so autotune is ok for this bitch but not AA!?
    Yes.
  • ZmbieFlavrdCupcakesZmbieFlavrdCupcakes Posts: 32,259 jayfacer
    no, in all seriousness
    imageimage