Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The Concert Review Thread

Comments

• BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
    edited February 2011
    Try the megabadass feeling you get when you go to the movie theater, and the chick looks to you and your friends and says "Can I see your ID's?" And you go "NO PROBLEM, I'M 18, GOT EM ALL COVERED"
    Haha yeah

Last time my theater was fucktarded though and said they needed to see my ID as well when my friend was buying our tickets. It was some old bitch who obviously didn't make good career decisions so she's forced to take her meaningless job too seriously. Like a mall cop!
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
    I'm a couple of months away, you stupid little kid.
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
  • GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    Edited for badassery
    image Photobucket
    lol, why did it put my second post before my first?
  • SantanaSantana Posts: 16,743 juggalo
    Try the megabadass feeling you get when you go to the movie theater, and the chick looks to you and your friends and says "Can I see your ID's?" And you go "NO PROBLEM, I'M 18, GOT EM ALL COVERED"

Then you look back at your friends who do not have ID's and say, "Don't worry, this one is free"
    In my state, you have to be 21 to buy more than one ticket for someone under 18
  • GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    Well it's simple, your state hates you.
    image Photobucket
    Yeah but my state is better than yours so it's all good
  • AdamAdam Posts: 11,533 balls deep
    Some ushers at my movie theaters are assholes others are pretty cool.
  • That_Guy_ArloThat_Guy_Arlo Posts: 14,026 master of ceremonies
    <_>
    <_>
    B-)
    Oh and while I'm at it I might as well review a show I went to the other day...

WinterJam 2011

Feb 18-American Airlines Center in Dallas Texas:

Okay so this tour was in no way metal, in fact it was an absolute jesus-fest with lots of preaching and worship music.......but hey it was only 10 bucks and there was one pretty good band on the bill so I got a friend to head down to Dallas with me to give us something to do, lol.

Jason Castro - Didn't know this shitastic American Idol reject was gonna perform and he sucked it up pretty good. Luckily because they had to get 10 acts through in 4 1/2 hours he was given literally only 3 songs. Still hard to sit through. 1/10

Chris August - Boring ass Christian contemporary piano music. Apparently he is nominated for 3 "Dove Awards" which are basically the Christian Grammys. Writing this review is far more exciting than he was. 3/10

Sidewalk Prophets - Another shitty worship band with some fat ass lead singer. Gluttony anyone??? 3/10

RED - Now here is the band I came for, and let me tell you they were even more kickass than I had expected them to be. Some pretty sweet production too I must say, flames and pyro going off throughout their set which really added to the experience. Never had seen these guys before live and I must say I would pay good money to see them again if they came through. If you're into Skillet or Thousand Foot Krutch then you gotta check these guys out. Only complaint is that they were only given 4 songs. Needless to say I was pretty pissed, still worth the money I paid however. 8.5/10

Newsong - Garbage. They were selling 2 CD's for the price of one that night so we can "slip one in our friend's locker at school to show them the grace of god". So dumb......at least they had confetti shoot off during their set to give me some kind of entertainment. 2.5/10

Francesca Battistelli - BOOOOORING shit. Such a waste too because the girl is pretty good looking, but her music is so bland I almost forgot that she was even singing anything at all. 1.5/10

KJ-52 - Christian rapper I shit you not, and he was even worse than I had expected. Thank 'god' they only gave him about 7 minutes because it was getting annoying fast. 2/10

Kutless - Not nearly as bad as what I had been hearing but half of their set was from their shitty worship album. Started out with a decent rock sound that ended with yet another crappy piano piece. 4.5/10

David Crowder*Band - I've had the displeasure of seeing this group before (I went to see Family Force 5 one night when these guys played) and they had even less production this time. Once again the time factor came into play and they only had about 25 minutes to drag through songs about how much "He" loves us and shit. Literally all the songs were the same, UGH. The only reason their points are a bit higher is cause they ended with a hoedown version of "I Saw The Light" 3.5/10

Newsboys - Ok so I guess these guys are fairly popular, I didn't know. I actually came out kinda liking them, not gonna be downloading their albums our anything like that but I did enjoy their set. More of a rock oriented group even if they were only singing about jesus and shit. Certainly heard far worse though and wouldn't mind sitting through them again (if that were to ever happen). 6.5/10

So yeah..........worship music sucks, but god damn it at least I got to see RED!
  • AdamAdam Posts: 11,533 balls deep
    edited February 2011
    I love red such an awesome live band.
    <_>
    Jason Castro > Rush
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    Does not compute.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • RAZORRAZOR Posts: 7,664 jayfacer
    Jason Castro seemed stoned out of his mind every Idol episode.
    imageimage
    Well he must have changed since Idol cause he's all about the jesus nowadays.
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    Oh, and nice review, Courtney. They sure are overrated, aren't they? *looks at Santana*
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • RAZORRAZOR Posts: 7,664 jayfacer
  • Ace_Deputy_CheezeAce_Deputy_Cheeze Posts: 14,736 jayfacer
    Oh, and nice review, Courtney. They sure are overrated, aren't they? *looks at Santana*
    lol, i said they were mainstream tew.
    Deputy_Cheeze's Profile Page Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket