Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The Concert Review Thread

Comments

• EpisodeEpisode Posts: 32,049 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I actually got starstruck I guess when he came out, I was like, "holy shit, I'm just a few feet away from Ozzy!" :O
    Me when I met Oli. It seriously didn't seem real. Still doesn't.

• JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    I actually got starstruck I guess when he came out, I was like, "holy shit, I'm just a few feet away from Ozzy!" :O
    Yeah, pretty much, except I was a bit farther. Still cool.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
    When I was front row for Fear Factory I was like woo.
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
  • 1D_for_life1D_for_life Posts: 13,785 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I get starstruck around most famous people lol
  • SantanaSantana Posts: 16,743 juggalo
    yo Santana... what happened to that Dying Fetus review?
    Woops. Ill have to write that lol
  • Alec29Alec29 Posts: 3,864 juggalo
    I've never seen Ozzy...
    I've seen him 26 times, with every guitarist he's ever had. He's my all-time favorite.
    That's dedication....
    Indeed. I have his autograph on 4 different things. I met him once 20 years ago and thought I was gonna hyperventilate. Got a drumhead signed by all of the original album version of Blizzard of Ozz(Randy Rhoads,Bob Daisley, and Lee Kerslake). I still would like to do another meet and greet with him before either of us die.
  • AdamAdam Posts: 11,533 balls deep
    Come on jay i wanna see that times of grace review haha.
    I will get to it as soon as I can. School is handcuffing me this week.
    sounds good i just wanted to see a review for them.
  • slip_knotslip_knot Posts: 512 juggalo
    Whitechapel/The Acacia Strain, February 19th, 2011, Worcester, MA.

Fun show, I was only there for Whitechapel and The Acacia Strain. I thought the other bands sucked, but Whitechapel and TAS were awesome. The crowd was shitty, a ton of scene kids and bros. Anyways, on to my review.

Got there right after doors opened at 5, got inside quickly and The Palladium was filling up very fast. The show was pretty close to selling out.

At 5:30, the first local band, Desiccation came on. The kids in the band were young. I didn't think they were good at all, but the crowd gave them a decent reception, and I give them props for getting on this show considering their age. 4/10.

The second local was Dysentery. A brutal death metal band from Boston, I thought that they were pretty shitty. Every song sounded the same, they were repetitive beyond belief, and it seemed like they were trying to be ridiculously heavy, and I didn't think it worked well. 2/10.

After the two locals, came the first touring band, I Declare War. They were ok, nothing new to my ears at all. Crowd was into them, not the worst band I've ever had to endure live, but not particularly good either. 5/10.

Chelsea Grin was next and they were terrible, easily one of the worst bands I've ever seen live. All the scenies went wild, and I watched one song and left to browse merch. I hope to never have to see this band again. 1/10.

Veil of Maya played next, and they weren't too bad. I hear a lot of hype about them, but didn't think they were anything special. I only knew a few songs, but I can confirm their full set from a friend who loves them. 6/10.

Martyrs
    Crawl Back
    Unbreakable
    Dark Passenger
    Pillars
    We Bow in it's Aura
    Namaste
    It's Not Safe to Swim Today

The Acacia Strain took the stage next, and I was very excited. It was my first time seeing them and they were great. The set disappointed me because it was mainly new songs, but they were great nonetheless. Can't wait to see them again. Highlights of the set were Whoa! Shut It Down, Jonestown, and Carbomb. 8.5/10.

Beast
    The Hills Have Eyes
    Whoa! Shut It Down
    See You Next Tuesday
    Ramirez
    Dr. Doom
    Bay of Pigs
    Jonestown
    JFC
    Carbomb

Finally, the headliners of the night Whitechapel came next. They are one of my favorite bands, and I was extremely excited for their set. It was my third time seeing them, this time easily being the best because they got to play for quite awhile. Not much else to say except I can't wait to see these guys again! The set may be a bit out of order in the middle, but all the songs are correct. 9/10.

Devolver
    Breeding Violence
    Possession
    The Darkest Day of Man
    Reprogrammed to Hate
    Prostatic Fluid Asphyxiation
    End of Flesh
    Unnerving
    Death Becomes Him
    Eternal Refuge
    Vicer Exciser
    Murder Sermon
    Single File to Dehumanization
    --------------------------
    Of Legions
    This is Exile
    Ditto. Jay-cup's reviews are a highlight of this forum. Always enjoy 'em.
    ^:)^
    Thank you. I appreciate it. :)
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,282 mod
    Y'all know what I'm going to review after the 26th.
    First ever!

I'm bracing myself..... <_>
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,282 mod
    Why would you brace yourself?
    All I know is that I'm going to be leaving with a bunch of glitter and confetti.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enKkmg0XhQ8
    Can't wait

Imagine all the hot of age bitches that will be there haha.