Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The Concert Review Thread

Comments

• SantanaSantana Posts: 16,743 juggalo
    I'll try to explain this the best I can. There's the stage, and then the rail stops you from getting on the stage but the rail was put into the stage like right at the very front of the stage. The rail wasn't put in front, literally in the stage. And it's literally rail lol
  • Its_Meh_ChewIts_Meh_Chew Posts: 7,380 just the tip
    and alot of bands love to climb over that rail to get in the crowd
  • GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    Something like that would be useful.. Stages like at Blondies, Magic Stick, and Frankies are just above your knees..So if you're up front, your legs WILL take a brutal beating, to the point where it's almost impossible to bear.
    image Photobucket
    and alot of bands love to climb over that rail to get in the crowd
    this
    Something like that would be useful.. Stages like at Blondies, Magic Stick, and Frankies are just above your knees..So if you're up front, your legs WILL take a brutal beating, to the point where it's almost impossible to bear.
    yeah that's like our stage. It's about 2-3 feet tall so the rail is just something to lean on. I wish it was a little taller so I could lean on it without slumping over some. My legs have been beaten up pretty bad over there and my arms right now are very sore where I was placing them on the rail
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    Bored/ Heaven and Hell (cover)
    Wow.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • ShaneShane Posts: 15,229 balls deep
    thats because jaxx is awesome

volume 11 > jaxx
    Wow.
    What is so wow?
    thats because jaxx is awesome

volume 11 > jaxx
    :-(
  • BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I'll let Lazarus A.D. know that you thought their set was sub-par when I interview them.

They will not be pleased to hear this.
    Tell them I think they fucking suck.
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
    ^ yeah just tell them Brian thinks they suck
    Then, as evidence to back up my point, tell them that a huge fan of theirs said their performance was sub-par.
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
    FFFFUUUUUUUUUUU
    Ok so it could have been a better performance but I think it was good but then with death angel's perotmance, I couldn't compare Lazarus ad at all so I think that's why I'm thinking it wasn't amazing. I remember having a really good time but death angel was so good
    Lol @ Santana covering his ass.
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,594 spicy boy
    holy shit devildriver was awesome....they opened with end of the line and dez came out and i was right in front of him on the rail it was fucking awesome...about six songs in i decided to join in the pit and moshed the rest of the set...they were fucking awesome...i will see these guys every time they come around
  • cheech9_4offcheech9_4off Posts: 942 just the tip
    edited February 2011
    from best to worst or worst to best?
    the only 10/10 i have been to was no fear tour 2009 municipal waste, god forbid, children of bodom, as i lay dying, lamb of god. in that order

Went to that. Enjoyed the fuck out of it. I thought As I Lay Dying stole the show. Bodom was great and I have a new level of respect for Alexi Laiho after that tour. Got to meet all of Bodom after their set and found out that Alexi was playing with a separated shoulder. That's fucking metal!! Played through the pain.
    thats the order they went on stage

ya after our show was the time he fell out of the bus lol. never seen any of the bands live before and had never seen or heard municipal or godforbid. not really into MW. godforbid was awesome (better than CD) bodom was solid. youre right AILD stole the fuckin show then lamb of god still tore it up. i had to sit out of like 20 mins of LOG's set cuz i was dehydrated and tired from AILD. cant wait to see them a third time with WOP
    Lol @ Santana covering his ass.
    That's what I think about it though. I specifically remember liking the performance but then DA set a whole new standard
  • cheech9_4offcheech9_4off Posts: 942 just the tip
    Nightmare after Christmas tour.
    That set made me want to see them again after years of hating them from feeling betrayed by the shit they put out after waking the fallen. I have sense grown to appreciate it more
    Oo yeah and fuck the haters
    idk if you remember but the revolver issue they did a special issue for the band. basically an autobiography of the history of the band. and at one point they were like "we were done with the screamo punk music cuz everyone was starting to do it. we wanted to be more metal. those were the cool kids in high school. so we came up with city of evil and it turned out to pretty much be a speed metal album" after hearing that i was confused and relistened to it and i was like "wow ya this is pretty fuckin fast. even the epic parts after relistening seemed faster than expected. thats when i found a new respect for them was after reading that. and now i love city of evil. i like s/t and nightmare cuz now im not looking for avenged to be a heavier metal band. just a band i can rock out to.

sorry for the double post btw
    Wow.
    What is so wow?
    What about it isn't wow?
    This:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztz8nUbPtsE

Plus this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4EL67mjv1nM
    What I meant was'wow fail' or 'wow cool'
    edited February 2011
    I think Rob is worthy enough of playing a song of that caliber, so awesome....Mark singing Dio's part seems weird though.