Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

LoG Resolution Leak!!!

Comments

• Alec29Alec29 Posts: 3,864 juggalo

Didn't you say last time they were on the verge of signing a record label contract, but werent sure if they wanted to sign with them? Did they end up signing a deal?
    The attorney's are still talking back and forth. Nothing concrete yet. Still a dispute over who will actually OWN the songs.
    That's got to be frustrating. I can't imagine being on the verge of a record deal for a year, and not being able to hammer it out. What's their name again?
    Seven Year Existence
    Signing the deal will not make them automatically famous. Lawl. That still takes alot of hard work and promotion.
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    and the hard working bands that i enjoy and respect that fact i give my money to through concerts and buying merchandise directly from them not to mention talking about them all the time giving them publicity
  • WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Except the artist. But they don't need money or to be paid for their efforts. Except the employees of the labels that actually manufacture the CD's. They want to work for free, really, they do.
    LMAO
    As we've already stated, those bands would not have received any of our money without piracy. You're free to take your holier then thou attitude against piracy, and pretend that piracy doesnt open people up to new bands, that then causes them to buy albums and attend concerts.... But most people around here don't take that same stance. We disagree. move on from it...
    i would literally have never been to a metal concert, never bought a metal t shirt, never talked about metal bands that no one heard of and got them to listen to them as well if it wasnt for piracy
    Except the artist. But they don't need money or to be paid for their efforts. Except the employees of the labels that actually manufacture the CD's. They want to work for free, really, they do.
    LMAO
    As we've already stated, those bands would not have received any of our money without piracy. You're free to take your holier then thou attitude against piracy, and pretend that piracy doesnt open people up to new bands, that then causes them to buy albums and attend concerts.... But most people around here don't take that same stance. We disagree. move on from it...
    Because you and several others here are thieves, I should just accept it and move on? Did I understand you correctly? This gets better and better every time. Piracy exists because of thieves. It does indeed exist. That does not make it right. Several Catholic priests molested boys, accept it, move on, it's ok. Same concept to me. Wrong is wrong.
  • fucketh_thine_selffucketh_thine_self Posts: 3,363 just the tip
    i'm not really trying to defend myself, all i was saying i used to buy cds thats why i have well over 500 but since they closed my cd store and i cant buy them anymore i download them. Although it was because of illegal downloading that caused my cd store to closed.
    i would literally have never been to a metal concert, never bought a metal t shirt, never talked about metal bands that no one heard of and got them to listen to them as well if it wasnt for piracy
    That in itself is a pathetic statement about you.

Seven Year Existence
    cool. Just listened to one of their songs... not bad. Which one is your son?
    i'm not really trying to defend myself, all i was saying i used to buy cds thats why i have well over 500 but since they closed my cd store and i cant buy them anymore i download them. Although it was because of illegal downloading that caused my cd store to closed.
    Wait, what? Illegal downloading HURT someone? WTF?!?!!?

Seven Year Existence
    singer
    My work here is done. Have a great weekend peoples!
  • fucketh_thine_selffucketh_thine_self Posts: 3,363 just the tip
    Wait, what? Illegal downloading HURT someone? WTF?!?!!?
    i never said it didnt hurt people but what i was saying is i had to resort to downloading shit because i have no where to purchase these albums anymore. btw i didnt download stuff like metallica prior to my cd store closing because i refuse to give some bands my money
    That in itself is a pathetic statement about you.
    not really, when i got into metal i knew literally nothing about it, i wasnt brought up on it no one talks about it i was completely in the dark...if it wasnt for illegal downloads i would never been able to even give the genre a real chance, now i will like it for life... i also dont even remotely have the funds to buy music, sorry im just a broke kid...i dont have 13 bucks to buy every album i want.. i mean i could but then i would have 0 money for anything else like going to shows....so wouldnt it be better to dl the album for free and go support them at a show so there not playing to an empty audience? i think so at least
    Because you and several others here are thieves, I should just accept it and move on? Did I understand you correctly? This gets better and better every time. Piracy exists because of thieves. It does indeed exist. That does not make it right. Several Catholic priests molested boys, accept it, move on, it's ok. Same concept to me. Wrong is wrong.
    Incorrect use of terminology once again. To be "Theft" there has to be a quantifiable deprivation. In simpler terminology, I take it, you don't have it anymore. What we are specifically talking about here is the infringement of intellectual property, which is not quantifiable deprivation.

This correction of terminology doesn't necessarily imply that there's nothing wrong with wanton copying; and while those arguments tend to go together, the argument equating copyright infringement with theft is, IMHO, far more spurious.

Seven Year Existence
    singer
    Cool... he's pretty good. let us know if they get signed.
  • Chicken_FuckerChicken_Fucker Posts: 15,691 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Alec is back! :D

On his anti piracy high horse :|
  • AbbadonAbbadon Posts: 1,990 juggalo
    Was it wrong to copy tapes before the Internet? Was it wrong to copy a cd for someone? How is dl different just on a larger scale? It's a reflection of our society, instead of making a copy for your friend you make a copy for 10,000 friends. Lars even talks about how he used to copy tapes so the band could listen to them, now he's soooo against it, what a jackass
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    I'm against downloading because it offends my ears with shitty quality.
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I agree with the reason Metallica started off being against downloading but the degree they took it to is dumb.

I try to buy CD's when I can but I always go and see good bands if they come here to support. I don't need to give the label and distributors a bunch of money so the band can get a fucking dollar to prove my loyalty.
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG