Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

When you graduate from college...

Comments

• WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    What will your degree(s) be? Bachelors in Computer Science/Engineering
    Where do you want to work? Microsoft, Facebook, or any video game developing company will do.
    Where do you think your first job will be? Not quite sure
    How much money do you think will be your first starting wage? 60-70k
    What's the first thing you will buy with all your $$$$? Pay off student loans
    not sure what his job will be but hell be making 70 g's a year form it

SEEMS LEGIT
    If I'm working at Microsoft, yes. Do I think I'll get that job out of the gate? No.
    yeah... with a CS or Computer Engineering degree, 70k a year is about a typical starting wage these days. My first starting pay when I graduated with my BS in Computer Engineering 12 years ago was 64k if I remember correctly.
    I'm working right now through college. I'll think of something though.
    I'm just saying depending on your interest rate, paying off your student loan might not be something you should be in a hurry to do. Unless you have a really bad rate, which I would find hard to believe.

With a student loan, if you lose your job, you just call them up and tell them and you no longer need to pay on the loan until you get another job. That's pretty insane.
    First thing I did once I made some good money and got a raise,.....

Fresh off the showroom floor.
    \m/
  • laurjohn2laurjohn2 Posts: 6,951 balls deep
    I graduated High School with an Electronics certificate. I joined the Navy and was being trained to be a Nuclear Reactor Operator. Got out of the Navy, went back to school and got a degree in Computer Support. Now i am an Applications Senior Programmer Analyst. Moral of the story, sometimes you don't quite work in the field that you go to school for
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    then you didnt answer the question ardtard
    Why should I care what a college dropout thinks anyway? lol
    when we make the same amount of money in 7 years enjoy your loans cuz mine will be paid off
    then you didnt answer the question ardtard
    Why should I care what a college dropout thinks anyway? lol
    when we make the same amount of money in 7 years enjoy your loans cuz mine will be paid off
    My student loans after graduating with my BS was 21k. My first starting wage after getting my BS 12 years ago was 64k. College worked out well for me.
    And now seriously contemplating something like this:

An Ultralight.
    I think that would rock.
    I would need a 2 seater tho,...cuz nothing is fun by yourself.

\m/ !!!! Learning to fly and getting my pilots license is ultra high on my things I want to do before I die. When I finish my masters I think I am going to work on this license.
    well id like to believe your diff from ed wake........ im sorry but i dont see ed making 70 k out of college but dont mind me im just a dropout
    crustiest.vagina.ever
    well id like to believe your diff from ed wake........ im sorry but i dont see ed making 70 k out of college but dont mind me im just a dropout
    If Ed interviews well, and gets a CS/CptE degree, he will for sure make 60-70k. Not sure how much his loans were, cause the cost of schooling has gone up like 5x since when i went to college.

I dont think the amount of money you can make is determined by a college degree. It can just open a lot of doors for Middle-class jobs. If you want to make serious money, you have to think outside the box and go into business for yourself. Most of the billionaires in this world are not college graduates, so dont think I am looking down on someone for not graduating from college. Honestly there isnt much separation from middle class and lower class anymore, and anyone bragging about being at the higher end of middle class is a loser because they are still being taken advantage of by the 1%

If one wants to make serious money then one needs to go into business for themselves... or law. But going into law is kinda like going into business for themselves. Busniess is where you make money.... You dont make money working for others. that makes you a bitch.
  • Chicken_FuckerChicken_Fucker Posts: 15,691 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Most of you people will not get jobs at all after you graduate..........let alone get jobs in your fields.

accounting/finance
    not sure
    prob somewhere in MI
    50-60,000
    nice house amd invest a good chunk of it.
    Why accounting? are you really into simple addition and organization?
    because someone has to do it and it can pay really well.
    why the fuck do you care?
    Depends on how you define care. I care to the extent that we are both members of this online community and I tend to try and learn a little about all members here for the sake of knowing who who I am interfacing with. What you said caused some low level curiosity and so I wondered why accounting would be your interest. That is about the extent of my care. When it comes down to it, I don't really care too much. I didnt realize it was such a touchy question for you.
    when ed graduates i got big money he will be making under 20 gs a year, almost gauranteed.....and theres really nothing wrong with that but cmon lets be realistic here
  • Chicken_FuckerChicken_Fucker Posts: 15,691 destroyer of motherfuckers
    when ed graduates i got big money he will be making under 20 gs a year, almost gauranteed.....and theres really nothing wrong with that but cmon lets be realistic here
    I bet a Ru-Paul impersonater can get over 20 g's in vegas, if he interviews well.
    I bet a Ru-Paul impersonater can get over 20 g's in vegas, if he interviews well.

:-))
  • ZmbieFlavrdCupcakesZmbieFlavrdCupcakes Posts: 32,259 jayfacer
    ITT: arrogant mother fuckers
    imageimage

accounting/finance
    not sure
    prob somewhere in MI
    50-60,000
    nice house amd invest a good chunk of it.
    Why accounting? are you really into simple addition and organization?
    because someone has to do it and it can pay really well.
    why the fuck do you care?
    Depends on how you define care. I care to the extent that we are both members of this online community and I tend to try and learn a little about all members here for the sake of knowing who who I am interfacing with. What you said caused some low level curiosity and so I wondered why accounting would be your interest. That is about the extent of my care. When it comes down to it, I don't really care too much. I didnt realize it was such a touchy question for you.
    Well adding in the "simple addition and organization" bit made it sound more like you're insulting what I'm going into and calling me an idiot because you think it's just a bunch of simple crap.
    oh... sorry. No I didnt mean anything negative at all. Isnt it true though that if you are an accountant you should be very organized and good with numbers? I really only asked because I dont run across many people who want to be accountants. I actually dated a girl in college who wanted to be an accountant, and she graduated, but never went into accounting.
  • AbbadonAbbadon Posts: 1,990 juggalo
    Most of you people will not get jobs at all after you graduate..........let alone get jobs in your fields.
    That's why I said I'll still be a bartender maybe install lightening protection
  • AbbadonAbbadon Posts: 1,990 juggalo
    The more girls and the bigger the boobs of the bartenders,...means bigger tips and more customers.
    Ya but I'm a guy I still do pretty well though and I get to drink usually for free
    Yeah you do need to be organized and good with numbers and I'm good with both of those things (aside from the fact that my room is a disaster, I blame that on the pretty much closet size of it). I can't explain why I enjoy accounting. It might be because I just understand it really well. It's not like I'm all "oh fuck yeah accounting, that stuff is the shit" lol I just like things that I understand and if I can make a career out of it and make some decent money, then why not?
    \m/ It's actually a good field to get into because if you get some experience then it is easy to go out on your own and then you can make some serious money.