Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

When you graduate from college...

Comments

• WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers

accounting/finance
    not sure
    prob somewhere in MI
    50-60,000
    nice house amd invest a good chunk of it.
    Why accounting? are you really into simple addition and organization?
    What will your degree(s) be? Bachelor of Science in Aerospace Engineering
    Where do you want to work? NASA's Propulsion Labs would be the ultimate goal, I think. Boeing would be a nice first job.
    Where do you think your first job will be? In the south.....I'm shooting for Alabama.
    How much money do you think will be your first starting wage? Not sure, I'd have to look it up. Probably a decent amount though.
    What's the first thing you will buy with all your $$$$? Probably start paying off my college debt and save up for a house and other things.
    I'd guess 65k +/- 10k. kinda depends on cost of living and what not.

4) I'm gonna start a small but ambitious investment portfolio.
    \m/
    edited December 2011
    I'm surprised you'd be able to get a engineering job with all the prison time you have. :|

Edit - What sort of engineering? civil?
    so what sort of engineering do you do?
    so what sort of engineering do you do?
    Mechanical Engineer.
    Ever think you are underpaid? I hear you on the cost of living, but seems like if you are a senior engineer then they should be paying you a bit more.
    My new project is to make the PN400 transfer smoothly into a filleting machine.
    I have lots and lots of alterations to make on the filleting machine to make this possible. Also changing everything to #50 chain,..instead of a mix mosh of #35, #40, #50, and #60 chain. I am making everything more smooth and carefree.
    interesting... do you have a to do a lot of stress modeling on that glass?

btw - I wasnt ever doubting you werent an engineer.
    Sometimes I feel like I am underpaid.
    But at the same time, from where I've been, to where I am now, I can't complain. Prison jobs pay you $0.94 per day. Just enough to where it's not slavery. This job pays $19.00 per hour. Of course I wish it was more. But that is not bad at all for a guy my age and living where I live and having a 2 year CAD Degree from a CC.

Only way I will really be able to get paid more,...is to get a few more years as senior engineer under my belt,...and a few more trips overseas,.....then go and apply elsewhere. Or go and work for the papermill. I hear they start out at $21 per hour.
    I think only having a 2 year degree limits your qualification for higher paying positions, even though you might have all the experience of someone with a Bachelors. However, if you interview well then you could make up for that difference. IMO The key thing to remember if you are ever in the interviewing mode, is you stand behind your work experience and knowledge. That if you were put up against another engineer with the same amount of experience but a bachelors, that you believe your performance would exceed his. I wouldnt try and hide the fact that you have an associates degree, but stress the knowledge you have gained.

I have a friend who has a bachelors in mechanical engineering, and he also is making around what you make. I always tell him he should be interviewing for better jobs because he should be making double what he is. He's not the sort of dude that likes change though, so he just sits in his job being underpaid.
    Unless someone steps up to help him.
    good plan. Become critical to the company and then demand appropriate pay or walk. Seen it happen before.
  • AbbadonAbbadon Posts: 1,990 juggalo
    What will your degree(s) be?
    Where do you want to work?
    Where do you think your first job will be?
    How much money do you think will be your first starting wage?
    What's the first thing you will buy with all your $$$$?
    Political science/social work(b),general social science/psych(a)
    Private campains maybe rp or maybe start my own non-profit to help people getting fucked by the legal system
    Bartender lol but I want to just help mostly free work to build credibility.
    30-40k
    A new tv
    edited December 2011
    I just realized I can respond to my own questions since I am technically back in school. :D

What will your degree(s) be? Masters in Electrical Engineering with a emphasis in Digital Signal Processing.
    Where do you want to work? Some place like Blue Origin.
    Where do you think your first job will be? I'll probably just stay where im currently working.
    How much money do you think will be your first starting wage? 170k
    What's the first thing you will buy with all your $$$$? Probably wont get a graduation gift.
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    not being in school ftw!!!!
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,281 mod
    What will your degree(s) be? Bachelors in Computer Science/Engineering
    Where do you want to work? Microsoft, Facebook, or any video game developing company will do.
    Where do you think your first job will be? Not quite sure
    How much money do you think will be your first starting wage? 60-70k
    What's the first thing you will buy with all your $$$$? Pay off student loans

edited December 2011
    Where do you want to work? Microsoft, Facebook, or any video game developing company will do.
    not sure what his job will be but hell be making 70 g's a year from it

SEEMS LEGIT
    edited December 2011
    Not saying you will be in this situation... However I put myself through college by working part time and taking out as much money in loans as they would give a kid with no credit history. Anyways.... after graduation I locked in my student loans at like 1.675% interest rate. At that interest rate, it is silly to pay it off any sooner then any other loans I have had. So I continue making the minimum payment on the loan because they arent charging me much for the money. If you were in the same boat, I wouldnt pay it off asap if I were you. Student loans are some of the most nicest loans you will ever have.
    not sure what his job will be but hell be making 70 g's a year form it

SEEMS LEGIT
    If I'm working at Microsoft, yes. Do I think I'll get that job out of the gate? No.

then you didnt answer the question ardtard
    How much money do you think will be your first starting wage? 170k
    What?
    Well with a masters and the amount of work experience I have. Not really fair comparison though.
    then you didnt answer the question ardtard
    Why should I care what a college dropout thinks anyway? lol

Not saying you will be in this situation... However I put myself through college by working part time and taking out as much money in loans as they would give a kid with no credit history. Anyways.... after graduation I locked in my student loads at like 1.675% interest rate. At that interest rate, it is silly to pay it off any sooner then any other loans I have had. So I continue making the minimum payment on the loan because they arent charging me much for the money. If you were in the same boat, I wouldnt pay it off asap if I were you. Student loans are some of the most nicest loans you will ever have.
    I'm working right now through college. I'll think of something though.