Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The 2012 Presidential Election Thread

Comments

• Bottle_TreeBottle_Tree Posts: 7,166 just the tip
    I get what you're saying. I'm not against him being paid that amount, and I understand he has a campaign to run. I just wish a lot of his supporters would realize he isn't some powerful deity who can magically fix everything, or at least look at his political views and things he has voted for besides "HE WANTS TO LEGALIZE WEED, MAN."
  • WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Tell me about it. I'm so tired of the libertarians who are supporters because of the stance on weed. It's frankly annoying because it is such a small insignificant part of their (and his) beliefs.

Anyone whose smart knows that he isnt some magical fix. In reality if he gets elected it would likely be 4-8 years of grid lock because he doesnt support the Republican or Democrat stances. I suspect his hands will be pretty tied in what he can and can't do..... But still.... Even getting someone like him in there, and letting him explain to the people why he can't bring about change would be a refreshing change.

It's likely this political system can't be changed without a violent revolution by the people. That is the best solution for change.... however before we go that route, lets throw someone like Paul in there. Lets try one last ditch effort to get our country back on track through the system.
  • Bottle_TreeBottle_Tree Posts: 7,166 just the tip
    I still don't like Ron Paul, but why can't more people be like you? D:
  • WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    :)) thanks, but if you asked my wife she'd tell you one of me is enough for the world. Ill leave this here...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_avYZbrNuk
  • ShaneShane Posts: 15,229 balls deep
    edited December 2011
    Has anyone taken a basic economics class? They teach you why the reason it's beneficial to spend more money in times of economic crisis is because it generates more money into the economy. You can't make money if you hoard it. Plus, all the money that is being spent by the government is being put into fixing things in cities that need to be fixed, which creates more jobs. If you cut taxes and spending altogether you are going to drive yourself into much worse conditions.

I'm not saying that the government should spend money on pointless/unnecessary things, I'm just explaining basic economics. And personally I think Ron Paul is a huge hypocrite. If he is really against all unnecessary government spending, why doesn't he donate, refuse, or give away all of the money he earns? He makes $174 thousand a year, and has served for a total of 12 two-year terms. He's made a lot of cash.
    your talking about Keynesian economics which is one the reasons the world economy collapsed in the first place
    and actually he refuses to sign up for the congressional pension and as pres would only accept as much money as the median household income of all Americans which is 39k
  • SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy

your talking about Keynesian economics which is one the reasons the world economy collapsed in the first place
    do you realize how much you contradict yourself?
  • Stoned_CatzStoned_Catz Posts: 34,915 jayfacer

d00d heez fukkin retarded he's proly lookin the word contradict up in the websters scatchin his fukkin head

#-o

[-(

blue turbins

From Those Fishes - I Fingered An Old Bitch (i got Aids on my finger)

when you know the time is crucid you begin to understand that America is just a strange illusion

[-(

blue turbins

• AbbadonAbbadon Posts: 1,990 juggalo
    I don't think he is a god and agree that people are annoying that feel that way, but that's how people are. I just think he is the best option. If he gets in he won't be able to do the "crazy" things he wants to do, shutting down the CIA and the fed just to name two, but if he even begins a process that will help our country turn around then what is wrong with that. I think he can only help, he can't do worse than the last 12 years. As for the weed issue I think this is one of the biggest issues that make me like him. It's not because I want weed to be legal just to smoke it, I smoke like it's legal now, it's because it truly shows his character. He doesn't want it to be legal because he smokes he wants it because it's unconstitutional for it to be illegal. He personally is against drugs and drug use but believes it is a choice that you are free to make. Also the bill he put forth was a joint effort with Barney Frank. This shows he has an ability and willingness to work with the other side. Having weed illegal also helps the police state we are living in, something else he has always opposed. These are just a few reasons I like him.

how so

d00d heez fukkin retarded he's proly lookin the word contradict up in the websters scatchin his fukkin head

#-o
    that's pretty funny coming from a forever alone basement dweller who can't even use his first language correctly
    edited December 2011
    also Weed will never be legal on a federal level so people need to get that idea out of their heads, what Ron Paul can do is make it so the Feds can't override the states on the issue

At most it might get decriminalized of a Federal level but i highly doubt it, all the whackjob godfucks will pour massive money in to lobbyists to keep it criminalized saying it will destroy our countries values and turn all the kids into junkies. its funny cuz the only value this country recognizes anymore is greed
    i dont want weeds legal cuz then weez has to pay taxes see

[-(

blue turbins

edited December 2011
    Newt Gingrich is insane, how the fuck can people support him saying shit like this?

Newt Gingrich says as president he would ignore Supreme Court decisions that conflicted with his powers as commander in chief, and he would press for impeaching judges or even abolishing certain courts if he disagreed with their rulings.

This is a direct attack on the separation of powers and is incredibly dangerous to our country.
    heez teh antichrist we've been waiting fer ^:)^

[-(

blue turbins

• drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Newt Gingrich is insane, how the fuck can people support him saying shit like this?

Newt Gingrich says as president he would ignore Supreme Court decisions that conflicted with his powers as commander in chief, and he would press for impeaching judges or even abolishing certain courts if he disagreed with their rulings.

This is a direct attack on the separation of powers and is incredibly dangerous to our country.
    Newt is starting to dig himself into a hole. He's not going anywhere in the long term.
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
    heez doing it purposley so Obama wins see cuz Obama is a muslim background the Illuminatti wants beter relations with the muslim nations so... see Newt is on self destruct to confirm the Power of freemasondry

[-(

blue turbins

heez doing it purposley so Obama wins see cuz Obama is a muslim background the Illuminatti wants beter relations with the muslim nations so... see Newt is on self destruct to confirm the Power of freemasondry
    you need the tinfoil hats more than i do
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,593 spicy boy
    if ron paul doesn't win the election we are fucked as a society...say hello to death camps