Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Kinda in a bit of a dilemma... (a bit of a read)

124»

Comments

• Stoned_CatzStoned_Catz Posts: 34,915 jayfacer
    you should get some peanutbutter

[-(

blue turbins

From Those Fishes - I Fingered An Old Bitch (i got Aids on my finger)

• XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    edited November 2011
    Bianca, if people aren't legally required to socialize with their kids beyond what's needed to survive, why would they be required to with pets?
    why would normal people have kids/pets if they dont want to socialize with them?
    Normal people wouldn't, and it is a form of emotional abuse, but it isn't illegal.
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,593 spicy boy
    im sure a lot of people rather then give it to a shelter would do exactly what he was describing...taking care of the animal with food and letting it outside...but then ignoring it in social matters....and i wouldn't say being social is a basic need...if your bring in isolation sure...but i consider a basic need as something i need every day...and i don't need to be social everyday
    you should get some peanutbutter
    iseewhatyoudidthere.jpg
  • ZmbieFlavrdCupcakesZmbieFlavrdCupcakes Posts: 32,259 jayfacer
    So you think the dog is being well taken care of and in no need of anything better?
    imageimage
  • WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    So you think the dog is being well taken care of and in no need of anything better?
    Yes, There are obviously different degrees of comfortableness in life, and that dog might not have been born into as privileged life as your pets are... However it is likely (from what is described), that this dog is in fact taken care of well enough according to the law. I get you think the dog should be better taken care of, and I dont have any problem with that.... but calling the animal control would result in nothing but pissed off neighbors who would probably return the favor for him.

really though the point is moot. Life_free already agreed with this.
    Bianca reminds me of Angela from The Office.
    you dont know if the dog is being treated within the law
    no one but the owners do
    at least with calling someone, they can investigate
    imageimage
    lol. no... that is not why you call the authorities. You call the authorities when you have reasonable proof that someone is in need of help, not because they are a pet owner so they could be doing something. How would you feel if I reported you for animal abuse? I think you'd be pretty pissed no? But apparently you'd have no right to be mad because I was just concerned for your animals. How am I supposed to know you are abusing your dogs? At least with calling someone, they can investigate.

Reminds me of the lyric - Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever can NOT take care of themselves without those laws is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "IF I LIVE, I WILL KILL YOU. If I die, You are forgiven. such is the rule of honor"
    Call them and they wouldn't find anything haha
    better safe than sorry
    imageimage
    Didn't you ever learn you shouldnt be bothering authorities unless there is someone in danger or someone in need? Time spent investigating if you are good pet owner (which im sure you are), is time spent away from catching the real bad people who are abusing their animals. It's the same deal with Live_free's neighbors. Time spent investigating a "crying wolf" call, is 1. not going to result in the loss of their pets. 2. takes time away from them catching the Michael Vick's of the world.
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,661 master of ceremonies

Reminds me of the lyric - Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever can NOT take care of themselves without those laws is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "IF I LIVE, I WILL KILL YOU. If I die, You are forgiven. such is the rule of honor"
    sup Omerta
    Let me put it in big letters for you so you can comprehend this idea..
    BETTER SAFE THAN SORRY
    imageimage

sup Omerta
    \m/ one of the coolest intro's ever!
    Let me put it in big letters for you so you can comprehend this idea..
    BETTER SAFE THAN SORRY
    not when your "better safe then sorry" is causing real bad guys to go free.
    Sorry, its my golden philosophy :)
    imageimage
    and it's mine to never cry wolf. I guess we just agree to disagree.
  • KridesBrideBrittKridesBrideBritt Posts: 25,781 jayfacer

sup Omerta
    \m/ one of the coolest intro's ever!
    :X that song
    kristianPhotobucketPhotobucket Trephination-Tuesday Nights/Wednesday Mornings...11pm-1am- http://wrsu.rutgers.edu/listen.html