Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Kinda in a bit of a dilemma... (a bit of a read)

LiveFreeDieLiveFreeDie Posts: 8,055 destroyer of motherfuckers
edited November 2011 in Off Topic
So my neighbor and his wife are going out of town for the weekend and they want me to go over through out the weekend and let his dog out and feed him. The catch is they never really take care of this dog IMO. They leave this dog in the basement all day and very rarely have the dog upstairs with them. The dog is a small and can't weigh more then 15 pounds. This dog is a bit on the wild side but I honestly think its because of the way they treat him. So they want me to leave this dog in their basement for 48+ hours occasionally going over and letting him out.

Now I have such a connection with my dog who is also a small dog (dachshund) and just can't imagine treating my dog like this. So I honestly want no part in treating a dog like that so I don't want to help them out. He told me hes just tired of having to spend $130 to bring the dog to a kennel for the weekend and that he'd pay me $30 bucks. So I told him I didn't like how they treated that dog and even after saying this he gets kinda pissed at me but still wants me to do it.

I mean I guess it would be one thing if the dog wasn't always down in this basement every day but it is. So like I said I just want no part in treating a dog like that. But am I in anyway being a douche about this?
Death is not the worst of evils. You can't be down, when you're always high.

Comments

• KridesBrideBrittKridesBrideBritt Posts: 25,781 jayfacer
    Why the hell do they have a dog if they don't pay attention to it?
    kristianPhotobucketPhotobucket Trephination-Tuesday Nights/Wednesday Mornings...11pm-1am- http://wrsu.rutgers.edu/listen.html
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    I would do whatever I can to make the dog feel as loved as I can for the weekend. I mean, I wouldn't punish the dog by not taking care of him just because you don't like the way the owners treat him (which I agree, sounds like shit.)
    I love winning with women
  • LiveFreeDieLiveFreeDie Posts: 8,055 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Why the hell do they have a dog if they don't pay attention to it?
    Bingo.

I would do whatever I can to make the dog feel as loved as I can for the weekend. I mean, I wouldn't punish the dog by not taking care of him just because you don't like the way the owners treat him (which I agree, sounds like shit.)
    Then afterwards do this:
    call them in for animal abuse or whatever.
    This.
    kristianPhotobucketPhotobucket Trephination-Tuesday Nights/Wednesday Mornings...11pm-1am- http://wrsu.rutgers.edu/listen.html
    I just don't want to help them out in hopes they will bring the dog to a kennel instead for the weekend. Also I have to work 10-7 Saturday and 12-7 Sunday and my neighbor knows this but doesn't think its a problem.
    Trust me, i've thought about it before. But I feel like that would just cause sooooooo much shit, as much as I feel terrible for that dog.

I guess they have had the dog for 7 years and i'm not sure if its always been like this but for a long time it has been.
    Just report them. That's no way to treat a animal.
  • ZmbieFlavrdCupcakesZmbieFlavrdCupcakes Posts: 32,259 jayfacer
    seriously. report them.
    imageimage
  • Stoned_CatzStoned_Catz Posts: 34,915 jayfacer
    edited November 2011
    you shud tell Him to walk the dog then fukk his wife while he's gone [-(

[-(

blue turbins

From Those Fishes - I Fingered An Old Bitch (i got Aids on my finger)

Catz logic :))
  • Bottle_TreeBottle_Tree Posts: 7,166 just the tip
    You aren't being a douche at all. Personally, after taking care of their dog I would call the ASPCA or someone about it because that is no way to treat an animal. Please do it, because there's not many people who care about animals in this world.
  • WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Honestly im not sure that treating your dog as described is considered animal abuse. Some people have dogs and keep them kenneled 24-7. That isnt animal abuse, it's just not loving your animal.

Anyways... I like what Alex said. do it, and give the dog the best weekend ever. dont lock him in the basement. It's your responsibility for the weekend so you get to decide what is best for the dog.
    Like I said i'm working 10-7 tomorrow and 12-7 on Sunday so i'm not even going to be around that much this weekend. Also I have my own dog and I wouldn't bring that dog around my dog. They've met before and my dog barks alot when he sees another animal then once he goes up and sniffs him/her hes fine. This dog barks and growls like hes ready to attack like its constantly on edge when it sees another dog. Again I attribute this to the living conditions the animal is in.

However I went over today and was going to tell him that I would come over and let him out and feed him when I could this weekend. He looks at me and says "Nope, don't bother. I've got my sister coming over to do it." I've never met his sister but hopefully she has some compassion for this dog.
  • ZmbieFlavrdCupcakesZmbieFlavrdCupcakes Posts: 32,259 jayfacer
    listen!
    call and report the way theyre treating the dog!
    imageimage
  • Stoned_CatzStoned_Catz Posts: 34,915 jayfacer
    Catz logic :))
    thats wut i think is all :-?

[-(

blue turbins

From Those Fishes - I Fingered An Old Bitch (i got Aids on my finger)

• SkullAndCrossbonesSkullAndCrossbones Posts: 16,452 destroyer of motherfuckers
    you people are all wrong! this is what you do, read carefully:

1. feed the dog
    2. let it shit and piss all over the house
    3. treat the dog like a king all week
    4. report them afterwards
    "That's another thing I love about metal, it's so fuckin' huge yet certain people don't even know it exists." - Rob Zombie
  • laurjohn2laurjohn2 Posts: 6,951 balls deep
    what i would do
    1. Find a squirrel or racoon the approx size of the dog
    2. place squirrel or raccoon is mircowave till it explodes
    3. replace dog with exploded animal carcass
    4. leave note for owner saying that you think there is something wrong with the dog
    5. find dog a new home
    really I think you guys are all blowing this a little out of proportion. They give the dog the entire basement to roam around in and do whatever. I suspect they are feeding the dog because 1. They are leaving for a weekend and were trying to hire him to feed. 2. The dog is alive. So.... because they dont spend a lot of time with the dog, you want the dog removed from them? Do they beat the dog? I've read nothing to indicate that. honestly I dont think the dog has it that bad... .
    I'll take the dog