Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Dream Act signed in California

Comments

• ZmbieFlavrdCupcakesZmbieFlavrdCupcakes Posts: 32,259 jayfacer
    ill move to sweden
    its supposedly extremely clean
    imageimage
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,281 mod
    I do not support this.

• ShaneShane Posts: 15,229 balls deep
    Sweden has free college so why can't we?
    312 million > 10 million

**==
    i wouldn't say that's a good thing, a lot of our problems stem from over population though no one wants to admit it.
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    Interesting. How many people are in china? How well is china doing?
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • StratophonyStratophony Posts: 9,212 just the tip
    its safe to say that china is about 10 years away from their own "industrial revolution" just like the US went though in the 19th century.

It's just apples and oranges at this point..... the nation as a whole is moving from rural to urban. They're hard at work with their infrastructure (which is mind-numbingly complex), and they're keeping their population in check
    china doesn't have an entitlement system that's 60 trillion dollars in debt either
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    My point was population isn't a factor
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
    edited October 2011
    when you have entitlements given to every citizen based on age it most certainly.

medicare is trillions in debt and 10,000 people a day become eligible for it
  • ZmbieFlavrdCupcakesZmbieFlavrdCupcakes Posts: 32,259 jayfacer
    so i used this as my sociology article and my prof is now trying to explain to me how letting people here illegally is totally alright...
    my dads now pissed because profs are supposed to be unbiased
    imageimage
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    china doesn't have an entitlement system that's 60 trillion dollars in debt either
    no they just have a poor population that is starving to death.....
  • TravisTravis Posts: 4,971 balls deep
    ON THE SUBJECT OF ENTITLEMENT:

SSI and Medicare are NOT entitlements! You pay into these programs your entire working career. they are basically an insurance policy...3% is what the government charges for administering these programs....you think the private sector could do that for the same amount?
  • TravisTravis Posts: 4,971 balls deep
    At current levels, SSI, Medicare, and Medicaid are solvent (100% payout) for the next 25 years,(75 % after that). SSI currently has a 1.4 trillion dollar reserve....If the rich were required to pay the same ratio of payroll tax that the poor and middle class pay, then these programs would be solvent for eternity....

Any motherfucker who says the nation is broke because of these programs that have been a total success for the last 80 years is eithe ra moron, or a Glen Beck disciple......which would also make them a moron.....
    edited October 2011

SSI and Medicare are NOT entitlements! You pay into these programs your entire working career. they are basically an insurance policy...3% is what the government charges for administering these programs....you think the private sector could do that for the same amount?
    yes they are, your entitled to them when you turn a certain age and they are paying out WAY WAY more then they are taking in. both programs are broke and more people are getting added at an incredible rate. medicare and SS are tens of trillions in debt with no foreseeable way of being able to be paid for.

and the reason the nation is broke is fractional reserve banking, BUT the entitlement system is out of control and technically both programs are unconstitutional

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them. - Thomas jefferson

that quote isn;t proof but its a very good quote
  • EpisodeEpisode Posts: 32,049 destroyer of motherfuckers
    In conclusion:

Y'all mad.
    you're too young to really understand how much trouble our country is in
    No, I fully understand. I just don't give enough of a fuck. I focus on me. Fuck worrying about shit like this.
    Fucking pathetic, ignorant piece of shit
  • WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers

Correction.... They stick a gun to my head and steal my money for these shitty programs. SSI is such a cluster fuck, I know that I will never see a dime of that money again. I'd literally do better by taking my cash and putting it under my mattress. Even if I received the money they say I am entitled too, my 401k has vastly out performed SSI. Fuck those programs. Seriously FUCK THEM.
    edited October 2011
    Lolumad
    no, i was mocking you. thats your typical response when anyone disagrees with you