Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Dream Act signed in California

Comments

• TravisTravis Posts: 4,971 balls deep
    Why do you ask?
    it's really easy to be cavalier when you have nothing to lose and nobody to support. i have republicans in front of me all day that are beating themselves up over filing bankruptcy because they "never thought i'd end up doing this" and "my parents always told me to pay my bills". desperation will change your point of view. if you were about to be homeless or your kids were starving, i'd be willing to bet you'd have different opinions on welfare and gov't aid in general.
    Ape is a tuff guy and a wannabe Republican ( but i still love you dawg), he just doesn't agree with anyone needing anymore help to make it in this world than he thinks HE'LL ever need....Personally I'd rather my neighbors have assistance to buy things like food and clothing, rather than them begging or robbing ME for the money....
  • SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
    in lal la land that sounds great but i would love for someone to tell me how every america citizen is going to go to college for free....
    gee i dunno; how about diverting the 2 billion dollars a month for the last 7 years for the Illegal Wars of Iraq and Afghanistan....and it wouldn't be EVERY CITIZEN AUTOMATICALLY. Maybe a gpa criteria or something....we gave BILLIONS in oil subsidies for companies like Shell and BP to destroy our planet and rake us over the coals at the pump last year.....There are many ways to fund universal healthcare and universal college education....without raising taxes on anyone....
    this

this thread is a great example of why america is fucked up. the initial post positioned this bill as another pork-barrel project that would rape us. the first several posters all follow like "yeah, fuck that. kick 'em out. they took ourr jobbs!". then strat comes in with some peripheral data that makes it seem a lot less evil and pretty much explains why the bill was able to be passed. but it took strat turning the light on for that to even be discussed. nobody fact checks anymore. they don't read up on things before making decisions. it's dumb.
  • TravisTravis Posts: 4,971 balls deep
    in lal la land that sounds great but i would love for someone to tell me how every america citizen is going to go to college for free....
    gee i dunno; how about diverting the 2 billion dollars a month for the last 7 years for the Illegal Wars of Iraq and Afghanistan....and it wouldn't be EVERY CITIZEN AUTOMATICALLY. Maybe a gpa criteria or something....we gave BILLIONS in oil subsidies for companies like Shell and BP to destroy our planet and rake us over the coals at the pump last year.....There are many ways to fund universal healthcare and universal college education....without raising taxes on anyone....
    this

this thread is a great example of why america is fucked up. the initial post positioned this bill as another pork-barrel project that would rape us. the first several posters all follow like "yeah, fuck that. kick 'em out. they took ourr jobbs!". then strat comes in with some peripheral data that makes it seem a lot less evil and pretty much explains why the bill was able to be passed. but it took strat turning the light on for that to even be discussed. nobody fact checks anymore. they don't read up on things before making decisions. it's dumb.
    The Radical Right Wing and Corporatocracy can't have 10 million poor brown skinned folks standing side by side with 50 million poor working white folks demanding economic fairness and safe environments for their children to grow up in, and a livable wage.....The 1% counts and fear mongering and finger pointing to divide us....Hitler did somehting similar with the German Jews......Mexicans (legal or otherwise) never took anybody's job...They've been demonized as of late so as to have a domestic Boogeyman to scare us with....
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    I worked around the ghetto for years. Watched everyone take advantage of the system spit out as many kids as possible to get aid then spend the money on drugs bringing their kids up knowing nothing but drugs and violence. This is why I am ready for wel fare to be gone.

I personally know many people that are on unemployment and say " well I'm making as much from the government as I would getting at job right now so I'll just wait until it runs out and get a job" this is pathetic and lazy and leads me to believe a large chunk of the people on unemployment think this way. If I lost my job I would take whatever pay cut I had to to survive including working at mcdonalds.

You don't have to agree with me and im not asking you to just showing you why I think this way. I work hard for everything I have and save what I can when I can so that I won't be put in that position.
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • ShaneShane Posts: 15,229 balls deep
    those numbers are WAY too low for the wars bro, 2 billion a day is more accurate and that might even be too low. we spend about 1.5 trillion a year on foreign occupation and 900 permanent military bases around the world
    maximum unemployment is $1430 a month. i couldn't live off that. my expenses are beyond minimal because i live in the notorious bankhead area of atlanta. if i moved 10 minutes down the road, my expenses would double. my hat goes off to anyone who can get by on unemployment.
  • Bottle_TreeBottle_Tree Posts: 7,166 just the tip

The Radical Right Wing and Corporatocracy can't have 10 million poor brown skinned folks standing side by side with 50 million poor working white folks demanding economic fairness and safe environments for their children to grow up in, and a livable wage.....The 1% counts and fear mongering and finger pointing to divide us....Hitler did somehting similar with the German Jews......Mexicans (legal or otherwise) never took anybody's job...They've been demonized as of late so as to have a domestic Boogeyman to scare us with....
    edited October 2011
    while the illegal Mexicans taking jobs things may be blown out of proportion them sucking tens if not hundreds of billions out of the entitlement system is most certainly not.
  • JormungandrJormungandr Posts: 1,971 juggalo
    this

While I may not check any facts at all before posting, I do before I state an opinion in any context that matters slightly.
  • ZmbieFlavrdCupcakesZmbieFlavrdCupcakes Posts: 32,259 jayfacer
    im using this as my sociology article
    imageimage
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    But wait, if they aren't paying taxes, why are they getting government aid?
    But wait, if they aren't paying taxes, why are they getting government aid?
    so they can pay taxes in the future. once they've been properly trained for employment.

or...that's the idea anyway
  • MenAreTrashMenAreTrash Posts: 27,667 spicy boy
    I'd just wanna say, just because somebody is illegal doesn't mean they don't pay any taxes. The IRS still gets many illegals to pay taxes one way or another. Whether they get a fake SSN or an ITIN, they're still paying taxes. Not to mention sales tax. I'm not saying this justifies the law, but it's untrue to say illegals don't pay taxes.
    I'd just wanna say, just because somebody is illegal doesn't mean they don't pay any taxes. The IRS still gets many illegals to pay taxes one way or another. Whether they get a fake SSN or an ITIN, they're still paying taxes. Not to mention sales tax. I'm not saying this justifies the law, but it's untrue to say illegals don't pay taxes.
    This. And from what I've read (and seen on Penn and Teller's Bullshit lolololol) they don't even make a dent when it comes to how much money is lost from illegals not paying taxes. This bill will be extremely helpful I think. Everyone needs free education and resources to be successful. More successful citizens, more successful out country gets and we all benefit.
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,664 spicy boy
    Sweden has free college so why can't we?
    Because the rich want to keep the rich rich, and the poor poor in this country.
    312 million > 10 million
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,664 spicy boy
    312 million > 10 million

**==