Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Dream Act signed in California

Comments

• BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
    College should be free for EVERY U.S. Citizen....but until then, we shouldn't allow financial aid to illegals....that being said, I think it should be easy to become a US citizen....this country was founded and made great by illegals, just illegals with lighter skin than Hispanics...
    This. I'm all for helping people become citizens and whatnot but this is the wrong form of help.

That'd be like me hopping the fence into Lollapalooza and the people running the festival giving me money for food and merch.
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,664 spicy boy
    fuck that shit
  • That_Guy_ArloThat_Guy_Arlo Posts: 14,026 master of ceremonies
    College should be free for EVERY U.S. Citizen....but until then, we shouldn't allow financial aid to illegals....that being said, I think it should be easy to become a US citizen....this country was founded and made great by illegals, just illegals with lighter skin than Hispanics...
    Yeah this is pretty much how I feel.
  • AdamAdam Posts: 11,533 balls deep
    Yeah this is pretty much how I feel.
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    in lal la land that sounds great but i would love for someone to tell me how every america citizen is going to go to college for free....
  • StratophonyStratophony Posts: 9,212 just the tip
    I'm curious as to why?

Do either of you have a job and pay taxes?
    I do and yes
    Also the more government gives help for anybody to get into schools the more schools push their tuition prices up.
    That's not even close to always being the case.... if it is for a certain university, then the Dean is probably defrauding the school and getting himself $100 lap-dances.

Take a look at how Financial Aid works NOW..... students get $500-2000+ checks in the mail; and they go out and by rims for their car, a 40+ inch tv, a wicked flowmastuh. literally; useless shit in their higher educational context. It's not regulated and it really provides no incentive for the recipient to succeed in their University/College. (IMO.... are its two biggest flaws)

The Dream Act is more of a temporary solution to immigration status than it is.... "Here, take Ape's money." There are requisites to qualifying for it:

- Having graduated from a US high school
    - Arriving into the US as a minor (Immigration status irrelevant)
    - Having registered with Selective Service

among a bunch of others.... a big one is "being of high-moral integrity" or someshit. So if you've got a wrap-sheet...... you are not going to get shit. (simple as that)

The endgame of this isn't even U.S. Citizenship..... it's U.S. Residency.

and taking into consideration the actual FACTS of this bill (and not just a good impersonation of South Park's rednecks)...........I'm curious as to why anybody would be against it.
  • StratophonyStratophony Posts: 9,212 just the tip
    and lets be honest here...... Illegal Immigration in the US isnt what the media portrays it to be.

People aren't skipping across the fucking border 24/7..... take it from someone who can see the fucking border from the balcony; it's a literal no-man's land in between countries.

and IMO.... if you managed to illegally cross the border (above ground) and NOT get caught; you fucken deserve staying in the country.... cause you've got to be one grade A badass to do so.

the biggest percentage of ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS arent "border hoppers"..... its the people who received either/or work visas and student visas and just stayed in the country once those visas expired. (you're supposed to either leave. keep studying, or find another job)

So this whole "just close the border..... get snipers up there...... put a million foot high fence.... rabble rabble rabble" shit is just retarded.

and stay away from Fox News and CNN
  • ShaneShane Posts: 15,229 balls deep
    we don't need to put anything extra at the boarder or put a 1000 mile fence. just let our current boarder patrol start shooting people. right now the only consequence of getting caught is being put back into mexico so they can try again the next day. if getting caught meant you got killed, i seriously doubt many would try
  • Bottle_TreeBottle_Tree Posts: 7,166 just the tip
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,706 spicy boy
    this sounds dumb
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • JormungandrJormungandr Posts: 1,971 juggalo
    I'm curious as to why?

Do either of you have a job and pay taxes?
    I do and yes
    Also the more government gives help for anybody to get into schools the more schools push their tuition prices up.
    That's not even close to always being the case.... if it is for a certain university, then the Dean is probably defrauding the school and getting himself $100 lap-dances.

Take a look at how Financial Aid works NOW..... students get $500-2000+ checks in the mail; and they go out and by rims for their car, a 40+ inch tv, a wicked flowmastuh. literally; useless shit in their higher educational context. It's not regulated and it really provides no incentive for the recipient to succeed in their University/College. (IMO.... are its two biggest flaws)

The Dream Act is more of a temporary solution to immigration status than it is.... "Here, take Ape's money." There are requisites to qualifying for it:

- Having graduated from a US high school
    - Arriving into the US as a minor (Immigration status irrelevant)
    - Having registered with Selective Service

among a bunch of others.... a big one is "being of high-moral integrity" or someshit. So if you've got a wrap-sheet...... you are not going to get shit. (simple as that)

The endgame of this isn't even U.S. Citizenship..... it's U.S. Residency.

and taking into consideration the actual FACTS of this bill (and not just a good impersonation of South Park's rednecks)...........I'm curious as to why anybody would be against it.
    Well it's hard to immediately see any plus sides with that opening line
    "California Governor Jerry Brown on Saturday signed a bill giving illegal immigrant college students access to state-funded financial aid, the second half of two-part legislation known as the "Dream Act.""
    But seeing as they essentially have to become US residents, I can see why they would want to pass something like this. But you can't let the kids who abuse their financial aid become representative of everyone else. I wouldn't even call that much of a majority, I mean, I know plenty of kids like me who actually put any checks like that to good use. Decisions can't be made based on a stereotype, whether it be regarding illegal immigrants or students. So, to answer your question, it's most likely just people not wanting financial aid money to be divided between even more people, especially illegal immigrants.
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    I struggle to see why people would support giving money to illegals in any way shape or form. We have enough debt problems in the US and you want to use even more money on people that are not citizens that is BS.

Some other things you probably won't agree on but it's the way I see it.

This war needs to end too much has been spent there when we have problems going on here.

Unemployment needs to stop getting extended.

I'm ready for wel-fare to be gone.
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    The only logistics I have against it, is what is to prevent the illegal from returning to his/her country and defaulting on that financial aid? I like the idea of anyone having access to education, however I'd like people to pay their fair share of it. American's could default on their financial aid too, however in doing so they are renouncing their only citizenship. Seems like that is more drastic way of not repaying your aid then just going home.

I also think that "fair share" should be much lower then where it currently sits... but that is a different debate for a different time.
  • SantanaSantana Posts: 16,743 juggalo
    thats awesome, give illegals more taxpayer money than the tens of billions they already get for free when our own citizens are suffering and our country is broke.

dunno who the gov is but that probably just cost him re-election, the people will not accept that bullshit.

this
  • SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy

Unemployment needs to stop getting extended.

I'm ready for wel-fare to be gone.
    do you have a mortgage or kids?
  • cherry_or_gtfocherry_or_gtfo Posts: 1,348 salt miner
    It's a good day to be a college student *not* living in California.
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    Why do you ask?
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • TravisTravis Posts: 4,971 balls deep
    in lal la land that sounds great but i would love for someone to tell me how every america citizen is going to go to college for free....
    gee i dunno; how about diverting the 2 billion dollars a month for the last 7 years for the Illegal Wars of Iraq and Afghanistan....and it wouldn't be EVERY CITIZEN AUTOMATICALLY. Maybe a gpa criteria or something....we gave BILLIONS in oil subsidies for companies like Shell and BP to destroy our planet and rake us over the coals at the pump last year.....There are many ways to fund universal healthcare and universal college education....without raising taxes on anyone....
  • TravisTravis Posts: 4,971 balls deep
    The only logistics I have against it, is what is to prevent the illegal from returning to his/her country and defaulting on that financial aid? I like the idea of anyone having access to education, however I'd like people to pay their fair share of it. American's could default on their financial aid too, however in doing so they are renouncing their only citizenship. Seems like that is more drastic way of not repaying your aid then just going home.

I also think that "fair share" should be much lower then where it currently sits... but that is a different debate for a different time.
    AGREED.

I say sign them ALL up as citizens, get them documented, and start taxing their income...
  • SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
    edited October 2011
    Why do you ask?
    it's really easy to be cavalier when you have nothing to lose and nobody to support. i have republicans in front of me all day that are beating themselves up over filing bankruptcy because they "never thought i'd end up doing this" and "my parents always told me to pay my bills". desperation will change your point of view. if you were about to be homeless or your kids were starving, i'd be willing to bet you'd have different opinions on welfare and gov't aid in general.