Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Guys

Comments

• Chicken_FuckerChicken_Fucker Posts: 15,691 destroyer of motherfuckers
    On the Dance Floor?
  • ShaneShane Posts: 15,229 balls deep
    anyone that seriously considers admitting themselves to a mental hospital, should watch "The One Who Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest". Yeah, I know it is just a movie... But having heard first hand accounts from an ex of mine, a lot of it is pretty damn close.
    bullshit, i've been in 2 different metal wards, Nothing like that happens unless you're seriously dangerous
  • Bottle_TreeBottle_Tree Posts: 7,166 just the tip

i was considered dangerous
    Still, if you're considered dangerous, wouldn't it be more reasonable to let you have your own room for your safety and the safety of others? And you would have privacy, nobody to trigger you, etc.
    edited September 2011
    i was in mental health facilities a lot when i was a teenager. my last incident landed me in a stabilization unit about 4 years ago. lots of freaks in those places. last time, i got a roomie with schizophrenia that would rub deodorant all over himself when he woke up in the morning and talked to magazine articles.
    Why are people with different disorders placed together in these facilities? Hell, even if you have the same thing, I would think that's super dangerous, especially if your condition isn't as severe as the person you're rooming with.
    the wards i was in had 2 different sections. one was the "normal" ward and the other was for people who were considered dangerous
  • SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy

i was considered dangerous
    Still, if you're considered dangerous, wouldn't it be more reasonable to let you have your own room for your safety and the safety of others? And you would have privacy, nobody to trigger you, etc.
    nope. they don't give a shit about you. real talk

That's terrible. I'm sorry you had to go through that. If you don't mind me asking, what exactly did you do to be sent there?

the wards i was in had 2 different sections. one was the "normal" ward and the other was for people who were considered dangerous
    Hm, even in the "normal" ward, people need to be separated. I guess I can understand that the lack of funding is due to why they lump people together, but that's so wrong.
    in the normal ward, most of the therapy is group work, your doctor speaks privately with you once a day
    Oh okay, I can see that being alright. Sorry for my ignorance on what goes on in those sorts of places!

That's terrible. I'm sorry you had to go through that. If you don't mind me asking, what exactly did you do to be sent there?
    i fought 2 cops and kicked out the window of the first cruiser they put me in. i also pulled one of the cops' guns and put it to my head before walking out into traffic. it was pretty epic
  • WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I just dont think Leah has any business going to a mental hospital.
  • GnomezGnomez Posts: 17,550 master of ceremonies

i fought 2 cops and kicked out the window of the first cruiser they put me in. i also pulled one of the cops' guns and put it to my head before walking out into traffic. it was pretty epic
    I'm surprised they didn't shoot you then tazer you then beat and kick you to death

Good lord! D:
  • cherry_or_gtfocherry_or_gtfo Posts: 1,348 salt miner
    IDK if "epic" would be the word to describe that...
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,593 spicy boy
    hey leah...same goes for me as what BT and Hoods said...if ya ever need someone to talk to...

i personally have used this site as a way to vent many times...i think we all have...life and the mistakes we make make it a bitch...but fact is everyone fucks up...just try not to let it drag you down...you have to force yourself to think positive...and eventually things will change...but only if you put in the effort...nothing you have ever done deserves an apology on this board....i hope things get better for ya...and hopefully you will come back...it would be sad to lose such an established member of our group

I'm surprised they didn't shoot you then tazer you then beat and kick you to death
    they did for a little while. i'm 6'4" and was around 320 at the time. kinda hard to bring down.

btw-tazers don't have much effect on me now because of some physical therapy i had to endure about 10 years ago.
  • Stoned_CatzStoned_Catz Posts: 34,915 jayfacer
    established member of our group
    wat bout meh d00d :-S

[-(

blue turbins

From Those Fishes - I Fingered An Old Bitch (i got Aids on my finger)

• Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,593 spicy boy
    well your included...but y00z didn't say nuffin about leaving....you narcissistic bi0tchez
  • Stoned_CatzStoned_Catz Posts: 34,915 jayfacer
    :>

[-(

blue turbins

From Those Fishes - I Fingered An Old Bitch (i got Aids on my finger)

• SkullAndCrossbonesSkullAndCrossbones Posts: 16,452 destroyer of motherfuckers
    in the hospital i was at there were 3 different sections/floors. the section on the first floor was for voluntary patients. section floor was for drug rehab and stuff. and the 3rd floor was for involuntary patients. i was on the 3rd floor for 2 straight weeks and the first floor (voluntary) for another week. both of 'em sucked so much ass.
    "That's another thing I love about metal, it's so fuckin' huge yet certain people don't even know it exists." - Rob Zombie
  • SkullAndCrossbonesSkullAndCrossbones Posts: 16,452 destroyer of motherfuckers
    edited September 2011
    oh and even the voluntary section wouldn't just let you out anytime you wanted, it was bullshit. how it worked was you have to write down that you wanna leave and sign it but they take like 2 days to review you to see if they will give you permission to leave. if they dont give you permission to leave, they have to send you up to involuntary.......lame as hell. in involuntary they didnt let us go outside. i was stuck inside in a somewhat small section of the hospital for 2 fuckin' weeks.
    "That's another thing I love about metal, it's so fuckin' huge yet certain people don't even know it exists." - Rob Zombie