Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The Official 'The Beatles' Appreciation thread

Comments

• WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I love the Beatles. Not as much as Zeppelin or Floyd, but they are ranked pretty high.
  • EpisodeEpisode Posts: 32,049 destroyer of motherfuckers
    LOL don't even try to troll here. ICP is better than absolutely nobody.
    Golf Wang is just a rip off of ICP. Give it 2 years when his mainstream popularity dies off. OFWGKTA at The Gathering 2014
    I know you're trolling for a reaction.

If you truly are serious, if all you see out of OFWGKTA is an "ICP ripoff" you're truly fucking retarded and I no longer wish to have any communications with you. They're nothing like ICP and the violent songs are honestly limited. There's only one extremely violent and gory song on Goblin, which is Tron Cat.
  • EpisodeEpisode Posts: 32,049 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Not only that, but the ONLY dudes in Golf Wang to ever write the really violent songs were Tyler and Earl. Domo and Mike G are just swagged out dudes that rap about weed and shit like that all the time, Hodgy is just straight Hip Hop and writes about everything, and fucking Frank is nothing but love songs. You're truly ignorant as fuck. Not to mention, Tyler said he's done writing any violent/rape/cokehead lyrics. Not him anymore and he just did that shit for fun when he was younger.
  • Did anyone catch the George Harrison Documentary on HBO?
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    Yes, it was really awesome i loved it 11/10
  • I am so pissed because I don't have HBO and I am obsessed with George!! I'll guess I'll have to find it online somewhere.
    yes you will, i think george may be my fav beatle as well..he was a pretty awesome dood..not many like him anymore in the music business thats for sure
  • ProdigalSonProdigalSon Posts: 665
    edited October 2011
    Yeah It's a shame he died so early. I think his solo career was way better than John or Paul's, especially All Things Must Pass, Living In The Material World, Dark Horse, and Brainwashed.
    i prefer his work in the beatles....all thing must past is a beast of a cd....the rest are decent but idk about great
  • His stuff with the Beatles is phenomenal. I like everything by him, so I'm definitely biased lol
  • JormungandrJormungandr Posts: 1,971 juggalo
    George is my favorite as well. His songs were usually much different from the other Beatles. Like what about Blue Jay Way? That song is in like some old church mode, it's awesome.
  • George is my favorite as well. His songs were usually much different from the other Beatles. Like what about Blue Jay Way? That song is in like some old church mode, it's awesome.
    I always listen to Blue Jay Way and Within You Without you when it is raining, and dismal. "The Inner Light" "I Need You", and "If I Needed Someone" are also great songs. Have you heard his demo songs on the Anthology albums?
    it's weird... on the way to work this morning I put on Help. I havent listened to the Beatles in weeks. put that on in my truck, then come here to see this thread bummped. whoa.... mind fuck.
  • SandyVaginaSandyVagina Posts: 618 just the tip
    The Cirque Du Soleil show "Love" in Vegas is meant to be very impressive
    I've seen "O" at the Bellagio but that's not the Beatles music
    I got to see Sir Paul a couple months back at Wrigley Field and I had never seen a Beatle before
    I figured I better get to it; two down, two to go and all that
    but they played the music from Love for about an hour before the show started, with a montage of pix and
    videos on the jumbo screens that kept looping. but I never could enjoy the music from Love. I hate it when
    great songs get all re-produced and sampled. Its like its been in a blender.

otherwise the show was totally awesome. three hours of nothing but him and his band.

I kind of avoided the George Harrison documentary last weekend. its available On Demand so I want to sit down
    and watch both parts together instead of chasing it down in the listings.

The Beatles have and always will be my favorite band ever.
    i just finished the 2nd part of the harrison documentary. simply stunning, loved every minute of it and now i have to look up some songs that i heard and didnt know that were bomb.....scorcese makes BADASS music documentaires its not even funny....the harrison one killed, the dylan one killed, and the Last Waltz is beyond words amazing...thank god for marty and george
  • I saw sir Paul, and I saw George's son's band Thenewno2 they killed it!

p.s. if anyone has an online link to the George Harrison documentary, I would love you long time.
  • JormungandrJormungandr Posts: 1,971 juggalo
    George is my favorite as well. His songs were usually much different from the other Beatles. Like what about Blue Jay Way? That song is in like some old church mode, it's awesome.
    I always listen to Blue Jay Way and Within You Without you when it is raining, and dismal. "The Inner Light" "I Need You", and "If I Needed Someone" are also great songs. Have you heard his demo songs on the Anthology albums?
    I haven't! But Love You Too is one of my favorite Beatles songs, along with Within You Without You. The Inner Light is very good too.
    top 25 fav beatles songs

1. In My Life
    2. Yesterday
    3. While my Guitar Gentley Weeps
    4. Let it Be
    5. Here Comes The Sun
    6. Blackbird
    7. Hey Jude
    8. I Will
    9. Its Only Love
    10. Mother Natures Son
    11. Something
    12. Two Of Us
    13. Here There and Everywhere
    14. The Long and Winding Road
    15. A Day In the Life
    16. Happiness Is a Warm Gun
    17. Youve Got To Hide Your Love Away
    18. We Can WOrk It Out
    19. Within You Without You
    20. If i Fell
    21. The Inner Light
    22. Strawberry Fields Forever
    23. Real Love
    24. Ill Follow The Sun
    25. Across the Universe
  • Bottle_TreeBottle_Tree Posts: 7,166 just the tip
    Did you guys ever watch Yellow Submarine? :3c
    top 25 fav beatles songs

1. In My Life
    2. Yesterday
    3. While my Guitar Gentley Weeps
    4. Let it Be
    5. Here Comes The Sun
    6. Blackbird
    7. Hey Jude
    8. I Will
    9. Its Only Love
    10. Mother Natures Son
    11. Something
    12. Two Of Us
    13. Here There and Everywhere
    14. The Long and Winding Road
    15. A Day In the Life
    16. Happiness Is a Warm Gun
    17. Youve Got To Hide Your Love Away
    18. We Can WOrk It Out
    19. Within You Without You
    20. If i Fell
    21. The Inner Light
    22. Strawberry Fields Forever
    23. Real Love
    24. Ill Follow The Sun
    25. Across the Universe
    how could you leave off Elnore Rigby????