Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The Official 'The Beatles' Appreciation thread

Comments

• Stoned_CatzStoned_Catz Posts: 34,915 jayfacer
    and you say beatles inovated? bullshit they were playin like Buddy Holly and La Bamba shit.... then hippy music came along and beatles jumped its band wagon fukkov

[-(

blue turbins

From Those Fishes - I Fingered An Old Bitch (i got Aids on my finger)

• NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    wake, i feel ypu just like playing devils advocate sometimes but the beatles have many may songs without simple lyrics and song structure, seriously...... they have plenty of little lovey dovey pop songs(they are the best pops songs ever made but pop as a genre is kind of meh) but especially towards the end of there run your can really see them evolve as a band into a power house... songs like the long and winding road and a day in the life are from simple litte pop song numbers...there popularity is not hald of there legacy, they literally changed the way music was made, without the beatles the entire face of music would be different..just like dylan changed the lyrical aspect of music the beatles did the same thing in the music area...you realize NO ONE was doing wha the beatles were doing musical...no bands literally zero... songs like sgt peppers, revolution, and two of us were just not being made anywhere...the pyschadelic movement then moved in and chaged music even more but before the beatles and dylan there was no song introspective or deep meaning in music, it was little pop hits and rock numbers that were formed from old blues songs, void of alot of lyrical personality..i just simply cant agree with you that they are not completely on top of there game with there music and they are not just the most popular band but actual deserve there title as best band ever. and yes ive heard mumford and sons, theyre ok but theyre not saving rock music for our generation, there merely ok...nothing amazing

jorm - idk if u didnt read what i said carefully enough but i said metal music i still respectable and holding there own...i was more saying that specifically real Rock music is dead or is nearly dead...theres no artist in the rock cumminty that are legends like harrison unless they are old as dirt..as far as DTP goes i havent been able to get into him that much and should maybe give him more a try. i could never really get into SYL though and i dont like his alien spacey theme or whatever he does...that ghost album looks interesting i will maybe give it a try..and i found you bringing up Martin a little funny beacuse he has stated many times that he did not like all the layers of instruments that were on the beatles last few albums and wanted them to be far more stripped down but the record studios wouldnt let him (hence the release many years later of the bealtes album Let It Be Naked)
  • Stoned_CatzStoned_Catz Posts: 34,915 jayfacer
    beatles are noise ontop of ranting yelling

[-(

blue turbins

From Those Fishes - I Fingered An Old Bitch (i got Aids on my finger)

• WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    wake, i feel ypu just like playing devils advocate sometimes but the beatles have many may songs without simple lyrics and song structure, seriously...... they have plenty of little lovey dovey pop songs(they are the best pops songs ever made but pop as a genre is kind of meh) but especially towards the end of there run your can really see them evolve as a band into a power house... songs like the long and winding road and a day in the life are from simple litte pop song numbers...there popularity is not hald of there legacy, they literally changed the way music was made, without the beatles the entire face of music would be different..just like dylan changed the lyrical aspect of music the beatles did the same thing in the music area...you realize NO ONE was doing wha the beatles were doing musical...no bands literally zero... songs like sgt peppers, revolution, and two of us were just not being made anywhere...the pyschadelic movement then moved in and chaged music even more but before the beatles and dylan there was no song introspective or deep meaning in music, it was little pop hits and rock numbers that were formed from old blues songs, void of alot of lyrical personality..i just simply cant agree with you that they are not completely on top of there game with there music and they are not just the most popular band but actual deserve there title as best band ever. and yes ive heard mumford and sons, theyre ok but theyre not saving rock music for our generation, there merely ok...nothing amazing
    I love Mumford and Sons. That first album is totally sweet! and I am dying for more of their work....

I want to explain a little more of what I meant, because I do agree with everything you said here. As far as shaping music goes, I totally agree. As an analogy, The Beatles are to rock music, as the Wright brothers were to flying. But just as that analogy goes, no one is going to claim that the Wright Bothers were the greatest flyers of all time. People have taken their revolutionary work and idea, and taken it further then they ever knew they could take it at that time. That is what I was trying to say with my comments....

But previously you were claiming that no one makes music as great as The Beatles anymore... and that is what I disagreed with. People have taken what The Beatles pioneered and added so much complexity and depth to the sound that they pioneered. This is a huge reason for their popularity, and legacy...
  • JormungandrJormungandr Posts: 1,971 juggalo
    I can not defend the Mumford and Sons. They're music, eet is okay, but the lyrics, they are not!
  • SkullAndCrossbonesSkullAndCrossbones Posts: 16,452 destroyer of motherfuckers
    :-q
    "That's another thing I love about metal, it's so fuckin' huge yet certain people don't even know it exists." - Rob Zombie
  • I never really got into that whole Mumford and Sons craze. Like I can see musical talent I just don't really dig their sound, or his vocals
  • EpisodeEpisode Posts: 32,049 destroyer of motherfuckers
    OFWGKTA > Beatles.
  • jagjag Posts: 5,033 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Lemme pop some corn...
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    The Beatles > ICP > OFWGKTA
  • drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    The Beatles > ICP > OFWGKTA
    AKA the big 3 of horrorcore.
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
  • EpisodeEpisode Posts: 32,049 destroyer of motherfuckers
    LOL don't even try to troll here. ICP is better than absolutely nobody.
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    LOL don't even try to troll here. ICP is better than absolutely nobody.
    Golf Wang is just a rip off of ICP. Give it 2 years when his mainstream popularity dies off. OFWGKTA at The Gathering 2014
  • WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I never really got into that whole Mumford and Sons craze. Like I can see musical talent I just don't really dig their sound, or his vocals
    I eased into them... Liked a couple of their songs right away, and then became accustomed to the others. Mumford and Sons does a really horrible job of starting their songs in my opinion. I like all their songs, but when they first start my instant reaction is "Eww... I hate this song! Maybe I should skip" then i give it like 15 seconds and im like "oh yeah... I like this song."

The biggest thing I hate about them is their fringe Christianity. I feel like Christianity is leaking into that album, but im not totally sure so I try and just ignore it.
  • SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
    this thread hurts my soul

beatles = timberlake
  • Bottle_TreeBottle_Tree Posts: 7,166 just the tip
    edited September 2011

beatles = timberlake
    OFWGKTA > Beatles.
  • That_Guy_ArloThat_Guy_Arlo Posts: 14,026 master of ceremonies
    Give it 2 years when his mainstream popularity dies off. OFWGKTA at The Gathering 2014
    I can't wait to see the reaction to that...
  • SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy

beatles = timberlake
    OFWGKTA > Beatles.
    they're just an old boy group that embraced acid and imitated psychedelic artists with expensive production. i really tried to like them, but can only stomach about 10 songs.
  • Bottle_TreeBottle_Tree Posts: 7,166 just the tip

they're just an old boy group that embraced acid and imitated psychedelic artists with expensive production. i really tried to like them, but can only stomach about 10 songs.
    BUT THEY'RE SO GOOD. AJHDKJGDFGNFKBVNGFH!!!

Naw, it's okay if you don't like them. Not everyone's cup of tea.