Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

*Fitness Thread*

Comments

• NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    Jobe said:

NolaMetal said:

well if you want me to read and get technical, you said back soreness twice in your post and said back pain zero times so maybe you should re read your own comments..

That post was directed at a specific user who knows what I was talking about. I didn't feel it was required to get that specific since he knows what DOMS, which wasn't being discussed, are and knows what kind of soreness comes from bad form, which what the post was about. If it was a post for everyone in general, then I would have made the post simple enough for the dumbest posters here to understand. Sorry to confuse you.
    i accept your apology
  • NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    Jobe said:

I'm terrible at waiting. Patience isn't my speciality. Can we has one now?

It'll be a surprise B-)
    imageimage
  • cheech9_4offcheech9_4off Posts: 942 just the tip
    planet fitness may post that rule but they dont enforce it as long as your not obnoxious about it....which you would know if you ever actually went there. its just a respect thing. stop making claims without doing the research.
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,526 moneytalker

stop making claims without doing the research.

Did you stop at every Planet Fitness and asked every employee to what standard they enforce their company policies? That must have taken a long time. Can we see your research papers? You must have documentation to support this claim, otherwise your statement would seem hypocritical.
    Pass the god damn butter.
  • cheech9_4offcheech9_4off Posts: 942 just the tip
    i have been to 9 planet fitnesses in 2 states and also have asked friends that go there because i thought that rule was stupid when i saw it at first
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,593 spicy boy
    who really cares if people grunt when they life...if it works for you go with it
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,706 spicy boy
    I only grunt when I'm bombing the harbor...
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,664 spicy boy
    if you grunt during sex does it turn the partner off :-?
    no wonder chicks look at me weird :-??
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,706 spicy boy
    edited September 2012
    Grunt? :-?

Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    edited September 2012

yes.

imageimage
  • GnomezGnomez Posts: 17,550 master of ceremonies
    Episode said:

Magson13 said:

Episode said:

but when I'm going 100+ Lbs. on Squats or Deadlifts,

=)) I lift three times as much weight, and I don't have to grunt. Because I'm not a bitch.
    So your scrawny ass is deadlifting 300+ Lbs.? AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. =))

Literally, video or absolute fucking
    bullshit.

:-\"

Just clarifying

/sarcasm
  • GnomezGnomez Posts: 17,550 master of ceremonies
    How about screaming your own name?
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    Magson13 said:

You are all fucking stupid.

Has no one heard of a Kiai? Its pretty common knowledge that vocalization helps with physical output.

But lets argue with Erik for 8 fucking pages.

A kiai is used to teach beginners to tighten their core when striking. This is because beginners denerally do not know how to tighten their core without a scream of some sort. It is, in fact, possible to tighten your core without screaming.

A kiai is also taught to self-defense classes, because a strong kiai will startle an attacker, as well as call attention to yourself, so that anyone in the area will know something is happening.
    Its also been said that a loud yell or outburst triggers an adrenaline reaction.

Point being, Erik didn't just make this up. Do meatheads at the gym oversell it? Yes. But of course, if Erik likes it, it must be queer.
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    Do you scream and grunt when you make sammiches :-?
  • EpisodeEpisode Posts: 32,049 destroyer of motherfuckers

Magson13 said:

Has no one heard of a Kiai? Its pretty common knowledge that vocalization helps with physical output.

A kiai is used to teach beginners to tighten their core when striking. This is because beginners denerally do not know how to tighten their core without a scream of some sort. It is, in fact, possible to tighten your core without screaming.

A kiai is also taught to self-defense classes, because a strong kiai will startle an attacker, as well as call attention to yourself, so that anyone in the area will know something is happening.
    Its also been said that a loud yell or outburst triggers an adrenaline reaction.

Point being, Erik didn't just make this up. Do meatheads at the gym oversell it? Yes. But of course, if Erik likes it, it must be queer.

=D>

Glad others are finally seeing this shit.
  • Magson13Magson13 Posts: 1,584 just the tip

Magson13 said:

Yes, yelling can trigger an adrenaline release. However, if you're lifting weights, the process of lifting will trigger an adrenaline release in and of itself, rendering an auditory release null.

If erik had said "Planet Fitness doesn't allow grunting, so they aren't the best gym for heavy lifters, since a lot of heavy lifters grunt while working out," then there wouldn't have been any argument here. Instead, he chose to use large amounts of unnecessary profanity and deragotory statements towards Planet Fitness and anyone who disagreed with him.
  • EpisodeEpisode Posts: 32,049 destroyer of motherfuckers
    'Cause Planet Fitness is a faggot gym for faggots. Cry about it, lanky.
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,526 moneytalker
    > gives a fukk about what Erik says
    > life goes on
    Pass the god damn butter.