Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Splatter Control Demo 2011

Comments

• BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
    SO...question. I talked to Cliff and he's said before that he knows he's not very good at vocals, and I mentioned that we should work on his voice because a lot of people haven't been too into his vocals. He said he wouldn't be offended if we had a different singer or whatever. My question is, do you think that a two piece would work?

I've considered it before but I don't know, it just feels off to only have two people. That being said, I'm good at vocals and it would be easier, and it would just be something different I guess. Thoughts? (just wanting to get opinions)
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
  • MenAreTrashMenAreTrash Posts: 27,667 spicy boy
    I've seen it work before. As long as you can growl and play guitar simultaneously, I'd say go for it.
    Oh yeah, I def can. We'll see then.

I just wanna make sure this isn't like a totally retarded idea, because I already know it'll make for awkward performances hahaha
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
    Who cares? Most people will just be moshing anyways, so it doesn't matter if you look a little awkward
    True.

And even if he really doesn't mind, I feel dickish for thinking about pushing him out right after releasing a demo, but idk....
  • jagjag Posts: 5,033 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Don't brush him out cuz a few people on a forum (which isn't known for grind fans) dislike him. Wine said it best. Record.. Drawng board to improve.. Record.. Yadda yadda. One demo shouldn't break Cliff. He sees where he needs to improve. Work with him and talk after the next demo.
    edited September 2011
    No I know, but we were talking and he was saying how there's not much else he can do. I'm certainly going to try and work with him but if it doesn't work out then we'll at least have a back up plan.

And once again I'm not basing my opinion solely on this forum. Dan, Ricky, Dave, and couple of people from school all said the same thing. I'm just trying to get input so we can figure out what we need to do. If I based my life on this forum I would probably be jerking it to Robb Flynn, Mastodon, and post-rock right now.
    If I based my life on this forum I would probably be jerking it to Robb Flynn, Mastodon, and post-rock right now.
    2/3 are great.
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    so me jerking off on a pic of robb flynn face right now ISNT awesome???? okayyyyyy
    so me jerking off on a pic of robb flynn face right now ISNT awesome???? okayyyyyy
    Unless he's wearing a jumpsuit
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    If only Mastodon would make a post rock song guest starring Rob Flynn :x
  • drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    edited September 2011
    I can hear it now, an ethereal intro with a small bassoon intro, then a soothing sax line with the beautiful fretwork of Hinds abound with Pink Floyd and Slint influnces, then a pinch harmonic and a gruff voice yelling "FUCKYOUAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH"
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
    I can hear it now, an ethereal intro with a small bassoon intro, then a soothing sax line with the beautiful fretwork of Hinds abound with Pink Floyd and Slint influnces, then a pinch harmonic and a gruff voice yelling "FUCKYOUAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH"
    And his yell will be a crescendo, of course.
  • WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    there are lots of successful two piece vox bands. I don't think it is a bad idea. Plus it could give him time to grow,learn, rest in-between parts. I guess the thing to be careful about is egos getting hurt and people you dont want to leave the band, leaving the band.

additionally (feel free to disregard this) - I feel that 2 piece vox bands should really emphasis the two characters if you will. I like it when dual singers lyrically have a reason of being dual singers. Does that make sense? it requires writing this theme into your lyrics....
  • SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
    i haven't had a chance to listen yet
    you might be able to dl it at work... I was able too.
    you might be able to dl it at work... I was able too.
    i can, but there's no speakers. i'll just try it out when i get home
    what is your job again? Best part of my job is I can listen to tunes (with headphones) all day long.
    i'm a case-writer at a bankruptcy law firm. half the time when i'm on here i have some client in front of me thinking i'm paying attention to their sob story.