Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Splatter Control Demo 2011

Comments

• WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    edited September 2011
    The vox is so bad it is hard to ignore it and concentrate on the music. When I tuned into this thread, you had me excited with a sweet name, sweet demo artwork, sweet logo... I downloaded the demo and ugh... who ever doing that vox really needs to stop. Not trying to be mean, but I don't think any amount of practice is going to make that better. I've listened to the first 3 songs, and dont think I can bring myself to listen to the last two....
  • BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Damn dude. I didn't think they were that bad
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
  • drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    It does its purpose, if you ask me. It is by no means a polished effort, but it is a benchmark for you guys as musicians. Kudos.
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
    Damn dude. I didn't think they were that bad
    really? you are way too close to the music to notice objectively then. on Murder by Blood for example, "I start to suck my brain(?)" or "my soul begins to die" it sounds like he is pushing it out or something. I really wish I knew the science behind doing vox so I could be more useful then "pushing it out". I love grind/DM, and I am no expert on Vox, but I feel that if you had someone like Lenzig Leal, or Mikael Akerfeldt, or etc listen to that- I believe they would say "no you are doing it all wrong. You are going hurt your voice". I remember watching some video by Randy Blithe where he was talking about how you do vox. It was educational for me, being someone who likes that music but knows nothing about it.

But hell, don't let me discourage you... I literally know nothing about doing Vox. I guarantee that dude is way better then I could ever be. That isnt saying much though.
    It does its purpose, if you ask me. It is by no means a polished effort, but it is a benchmark for you guys as musicians. Kudos.
    really? I think if you want to be a better band, then sometimes you gotta identify weak links and axe them to give your band a chance.
    On MBB his voice was strained from recording for a few hours and I just told him to keep it. I wasn't about to go back another fucking day just for that and I thought they were good enough.

I continue to refer back to the fact that it's just a demo lol
    Thanks!
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
    Honestly I don't know about his technique. I know the correct one and I try and help him, and he says he is using his diaphragm to breath. I think it's more of a lack of experience. We're his first metal band and we've only been together for like 4 months max.
    Honestly I don't know about his technique. I know the correct one and I try and help him, and he says he is using his diaphragm to breath. I think it's more of a lack of experience. We're his first metal band and we've only been together for like 4 months max.
    well maybe he can learn then. You said you know the correct technique (I dont), so teach him. I would think that if he was using the correct technique then his voice wouldnt be strained after a little bit of recording. maybe that is normal?
    Yeah I know. I also have to work with him on timing and whatever.

So yeah, there's definitely room for improvement. I basically just wanted the demo to give a rough representation of the sound we're trying to achieve. Plus my buzzsaw ist krieg
  • drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    really? I think if you want to be a better band, then sometimes you gotta identify weak links and axe them to give your band a chance.
    Yeah, it serves its purpose. It's totally fine to have a relatively poor demo if its something that will improve the band as a whole. That's not that I believe this demo is poor, although I don't have many kind things to say about the vocal performance. It's good to have a demo like this to see what you're like as artists, and then you can identify those weak links. I mean, not very many bands have ever been catapulted to stardom based off of their first demo. They record, improve, record, improve, then when you're satisfied with what you are, you try to make something of yourselves.
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
    Ding ding ding!
    wine makes a good argument. convinced me.
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,706 spicy boy
    Brian we needa set up a show.
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
    For sure dude. First things first we need to start practicing more so we sound tighter and then we'll start doing stuff. I'm thinking we'll be ready for shows next month
    just let me know man... we'll hopefully be releasing a demo soon. we haven't had time to work on it with all the shows we've been doing. Hopefully within a month or two....
    Awesome dude. Definitely let me know when you have stuff up
    will do... and I enjoyed the demo. very grind, which is exactly what you wanted. keep it up man \m/
  • RAZORRAZOR Posts: 7,664 jayfacer
  • AdamAdam Posts: 11,533 balls deep
    Nice work dude \m/
    Thanks errbawdy!