Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

List the top 5 Overrated bands talked about on this board, in your opinion.

Comments

• jagjag Posts: 5,033 destroyer of motherfuckers

AA on album? i can see. AA live? lolno.
    While overrated may be an ill word to use in this situation, I have seen Amon Amarth 5 or 6 times now, and I wouldn't hesitate to say their live show isn't all it gets hyped up to be. You get the same "classics" and the mix of new songs that blend in and out. During the 5 or 6 times I have seen them, the variety has been very thin and lacking. Even the once loved whirldwind of hair together has lost it's edge. I assume they are near the top, if not at the top of your list of favorite bands, but for the average or casual fan, you see them once and you won't be missing much the next time they come around and you opt to not see them... but there arent many bands that doesn't that apply to.
    i have to disagree on the variety, i think they switch things up far more than other bands i've seen that essentially play they same set every tour. out of the 3 different tours i've seen them on, i only have 4 songs left that i'm dying to see them play, the rest i've already seen live. and yes they are my favorite band. after august i'll have driven over 2000 miles to see them in total
    That's cool. To each their own. I'm always down to debate/discuss music. Just support and keep going.
  • ShaneShane Posts: 15,229 balls deep
    Rush
    Iron Maiden
    Mastodon
    Any number of the Post-whatever bands
    Chimaira
    Machine head
    Slipknot
    Anaal Nathrakh
    Odd Future
    Foo Fighters
    Pantera
    TOOL
    Protest the Hero

too many to name...

AA on album? i can see. AA live? lolno.
    That education of yours is shining bright right now.

*looks at title of thread*

5 bands

*looks at shanes list*

12 bands + an open answer to include more.
    nice troll attempt but you know as well as i do ppl constantly go over the number limit on these type of things.
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    Nope seems you are the only one and I noticed a trend with you. You seem to hate singers with a higher vocal style. I find this interesting because you like the queen of high pitch vocals in Maria brink
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Rush (hate them)
    You're not invited to my birthday party.
    i love saying that
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
    Nope seems you are the only one and I noticed a trend with you. You seem to hate singers with a higher vocal style. I find this interesting because you like the queen of high pitch vocals in Maria brink
    there's a huge difference there, Brink is Female.
  • 1D_for_life1D_for_life Posts: 13,785 destroyer of motherfuckers
    there's a huge difference there, Brink is Female.
    And is a shitty vocalist
  • MenAreTrashMenAreTrash Posts: 27,667 spicy boy
    She's a good singer, shitty screamer
    If I ever forgot earplugs at an in this moment show I would save myself the time and stab something sharp into my ears immediately
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
    She's a good singer, shitty screamer
    edited June 2011
    i actually think Trevor from TBDM vocals aren't that much different that hers lol
    And you called me a troll
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    She's a mediocre singer, shitty screamer
    And you called me a troll
    I have been swayed

Godsmack isn't talked about that much on here i just despise them.

In godsmacks place insert deftones
    i have agree on the deftones. never understood why ppl thought this band was so good.
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,453 spicy boy
    I hate the Deftones.
    For some reason I am surprised by that Jake
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,721 mod
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    I came to love Deftones. Never used to see the big deal with them. But the moment I heard Change...

I love winning with women