Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

List the top 5 Overrated bands talked about on this board, in your opinion.

Comments

• jagjag Posts: 5,033 destroyer of motherfuckers
    The only times I've enjoyed Megadeth live was last summer on both American Carnage legs. Other than that, they have blown dick live.
  • ShaneShane Posts: 15,229 balls deep
    i haven't seen megadeth but i can't imagine they are that much better than Slayer, who blow horribly live .
  • WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Slayer is at least twice as good as Megadeth live.
    wow... slayer is the worst band i've ever seen too.
    I think Slayer is like... ummm... okay. they know how to headline, megadeth does not. Metallica is better in concert then all other three by a very large factor.
  • SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
    Deftones are not overrated. :X
    i don't think so either. they get as much fanfare as they deserve.
    i can't stand bands that don't interact with the crowd... at all. slayer went like 5 songs back to back with no break whatsoever. not being a fan i couldn't figure out where one started and one ended
    i can't stand bands that don't interact with the crowd... at all. slayer went like 5 songs back to back with no break whatsoever. not being a fan i couldn't figure out where one started and one ended
    I agree about crowd interaction 100%. Slayer usually works the crowd every show i've seen.
  • jagjag Posts: 5,033 destroyer of motherfuckers
    In most situations, I support what you're saying here, especially from a non-fan stand point. I'll give one reason why I can't oppose them doing that on Mayhem: The alloted time for the slot they were given. I wouldn't blame any band who has been headlining for 2 decades for wanting just push out as much as possible in 60 minutes. I see more pros than cons from a marketing standpoint, especially if they were trying to branch out to new fans. If that was more true when they play their usual 1.5-2 hr sets I've seen, then it's legit enough for me and even I would probably have a complaint.
    yeah... ive never been to mayhem so I didnt see them there. the lineups have been too shitty for me to go.
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,661 master of ceremonies
    In most situations, I support what you're saying here, especially from a non-fan stand point. I'll give one reason why I can't oppose them doing that on Mayhem: The alloted time for the slot they were given. I wouldn't blame any band who has been headlining for 2 decades for wanting just push out as much as possible in 60 minutes. I see more pros than cons from a marketing standpoint, especially if they were trying to branch out to new fans. If that was more true when they play their usual 1.5-2 hr sets I've seen, then it's legit enough for me and even I would probably have a complaint.
    correcto. Every Slayer show(besides Mayhem) I have seen they interacted with the crowd and talk between songs. Mayhem you only get a limited amount of time to play your songs for people and then you have to hurry off so they can set up for the next band and keep the show going on time. Slayer was probably pumping out all the songs they can for the old fans and for the fans that never heard or seen them live before. They did play a lot of songs as well. So no complaint here :3
  • SATANSATAN Posts: 25,824 spicy boy
    yeah... ive never been to mayhem so I didnt see them there. the lineups have been too shitty for me to go.
  • rammstein516rammstein516 Posts: 3,720 juggalo
    edited June 2011
    I came to love Deftones. Never used to see the big deal with them. But the moment I heard Change...

Same here except Bored is the song that did it for me.
  • GULCH_OF_ROTGULCH_OF_ROT Posts: 5,795 salt miner

black dahlia murder sounds *exactly* like at the gates
    "
    why would you insult ATG's like that man?
    TBDM SOUNDS EXACTLY LIKE "IN THY DREAMS" I MEAN EXACTLY
  • ...... Posts: 31,548 master of ceremonies
    PANTERA
    inb4lists
    I came to love Deftones. Never used to see the big deal with them. But the moment I heard Change...

Same here except Bored is the song that did it for me.
    DEFTONES WERE AWESOME IN THE 90'S
    PANTERA
    IS GOD LIKE
    PANTERA
    IS GOD LIKE
  • ...... Posts: 31,548 master of ceremonies
    They were a very good metal band, but overrated as fuck.
    inb4lists
    They were a very good metal band, but overrated as fuck.
    THEY WERE GREAT