Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Cancer Cured and yet nobody has heard about it

Comments

• SkullAndCrossbonesSkullAndCrossbones Posts: 16,452 destroyer of motherfuckers
    well this is good news, now i can smoke all the cigarettes i want B-) :-))
    I hope you're kidding..
    that's like saying since there's that plan b pill you can fuck without protection as much as you want
    of course im kidding. im not worried about cancer LOL
    "That's another thing I love about metal, it's so fuckin' huge yet certain people don't even know it exists." - Rob Zombie
  • myplagueRobmyplagueRob Posts: 1,375
    I also saw this on reddit for the last 3 years, and you should have read the comments before posting this sensational article here. The fact is that the science is still in the very early stages.
    Well I'm sorry for not reading the comments. I figured I'd post it here and start a discussion. I guess I'll refrain from doing that in the future.
    dude. don't take me comments so personally. It's cool, post whatever you want.... I was really just trying to let people who read it know that the article isnt telling the whole story. I don't really know the science enough to comment
    nahh I'm just messin. I think this is only the 4th thread I've started so it doesn't matter anyway lol
  • SantanaSantana Posts: 16,743 juggalo
    Hate the government? This isn't one single government. This is an international thing. Canadians found it but this is much bigger than Canada
  • drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    edited May 2011
    cancer is population control plus if there was a cure a shit ton of people would be out of a job
    But without it a ton of people would be out of a life.

No one should try and make the argument that cancer creates a net benefit for society... because it doesn't. At all.
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
  • laurjohn2laurjohn2 Posts: 6,951 balls deep
    if they want true population control, they should spay and neuter stupid people
  • WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    No one should try and make the argument that cancer creates a net benefit for society... because it doesn't. At all.
    this.
    edited May 2011
    cancer is population control plus if there was a cure a shit ton of people would be out of a job

I wouldn't say at all. I'm not saying cancer shouldn't have a cure. I'm sensitive about the subject as well, just to let you all know so I don't sound like a prick. Many countries are already wayoverpopulated so it does create benefit in population terms.
    Emotionally as human beings, it sucks. Basically we need to cure cancer and stop having so many kids
  • fucketh_thine_selffucketh_thine_self Posts: 3,363 just the tip
    I wouldn't say at all. I'm not saying cancer shouldn't have a cure. I'm sensitive about the subject as well, just to let you all know so I don't sound like a prick. Many countries are already wayoverpopulated so it does create benefit in population terms.
    Emotionally as human beings, it sucks. Basically we need to cure cancer and stop having so many kids
    The definition of "overpopulated" is an interesting one. Because the Earth by no means is oversaturated with humans. After a quick google search the most cancer deaths by country are...

Netherlands
    Italy
    Hungary
    Luxembourg (really?)
    Slovakia
    Ireland
    Czech Republic
    New Zealand
    United States
    Australia

Would you say that those countries are all "overpopulated?" I wouldn't. It's not like the countries with real overpopulation problems (China, India, Korea) would be dramatically negatively affected by a cure for cancer.
    No I wouldn't say those countries are overpopulated. I'm just saying the basic concept of cancer not being a population controller is false. And the US may not be overpopulated now but our birth rates are higher than they should be
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    There is nothing good about cancer. Period. Hopefully they'll continue to make strides with that research.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
    There is nothing good about cancer. Period. Hopefully they'll continue to make strides with that research.
    /thread
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
    In a completely statistic and population control view, cancer is good. Having said that, I hate cancer, grandpa died of it. Never got to meet him. It sucks and I wish no one would have to experience cancer
  • BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
    In a completely statistic and population control view, cancer is good.
    I don't give a fuck what perspective you're using, this phrase is false.
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,722 mod
    Santana <_> Quit while you're ahead.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    edited May 2011
  • fucketh_thine_selffucketh_thine_self Posts: 3,363 just the tip
    in Canada the person per square mile ratio is like 5.1
    i dont think we have an overpopulation problem here
  • myplagueRobmyplagueRob Posts: 1,375

We're not saying that having cancer is beneficial to society. But it does help control the population. It is basically natural selection which is the best form of population control.

He's not saying "let's give 1/4 of the world cancer, kill them off and then the population will be perfect." He's not advocating cancer. He's just stating a fact.
    We're not saying that having cancer is beneficial to society. But it does help control the population. It is basically natural selection which is the best form of population control.

He's not saying "let's give 1/4 of the world cancer, kill them off and then the population will be perfect." He's not advocating cancer. He's just stating a fact.
    It's not a fact, it's an interpretation. Bro fist to Nietzsche goes here.

It's not natural selection either, because it's not as if a mutated part of the species is surviving. Natural selection also operates on a scale much, much, much, much bigger than this.
  • LeaLea Posts: 1,549 balls deep