Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Cancer Cured and yet nobody has heard about it

myplagueRobmyplagueRob Posts: 1,375
edited May 2011 in Off Topic
http://hubpages.com/hub/Scientists_cure_cancer__but_no_one_takes_notice

Canadian researchers find a simple cure for cancer, but major pharmaceutical companies are not interested.

Researchers at the University of Alberta, in Edmonton, Canada have cured cancer last week, yet there is a little ripple in the news or in TV. It is a simple technique using very basic drug. The method employs dichloroacetate, which is currently used to treat metabolic disorders. So, there is no concern of side effects or about their long term effects.

This drug doesn’t require a patent, so anyone can employ it widely and cheaply compared to the costly cancer drugs produced by major pharmaceutical companies.

Canadian scientists tested this dichloroacetate (DCA) on human’s cells; it killed lung, breast and brain cancer cells and left the healthy cells alone. It was tested on Rats inflicted with severe tumors; their cells shrank when they were fed with water supplemented with DCA. The drug is widely available and the technique is easy to use, why the major drug companies are not involved? Or the Media interested in this find?

In human bodies there is a natural cancer fighting human cell, the mitochondria, but they need to be triggered to be effective. Scientists used to think that these mitochondria cells were damaged and thus ineffective against cancer. So they used to focus on glycolysis, which is less effective in curing cancer and more wasteful. The drug manufacturers focused on this glycolysis method to fight cancer. This DCA on the other hand doesn’t rely on glycolysis instead on mitochondria; it triggers the mitochondria which in turn fights the cancer cells.

The side effect of this is it also reactivates a process called apoptosis. You see, mitochondria contain an all-too-important self-destruct button that can't be pressed in cancer cells. Without it, tumors grow larger as cells refuse to be extinguished. Fully functioning mitochondria, thanks to DCA, can once again die.

With glycolysis turned off, the body produces less lactic acid, so the bad tissue around cancer cells doesn't break down and seed new tumors.

Pharmaceutical companies are not investing in this research because DCA method cannot be patented, without a patent they can’t make money, like they are doing now with their AIDS Patent. Since the pharmaceutical companies won’t develop this, the article says other independent laboratories should start producing this drug and do more research to confirm all the above findings and produce drugs. All the groundwork can be done in collaboration with the Universities, who will be glad to assist in such research and can develop an effective drug for curing cancer.

You can access the original research for this cancer here.

This article wants to raise awareness for this study, hope some independent companies and small startup will pick up this idea and produce these drugs, because the big companies won’t touch it for a long time.

Comments

• ZmbieFlavrdCupcakesZmbieFlavrdCupcakes Posts: 32,259 jayfacer
    Wooooooow
    Cancer is population control
    They'll never allow a cure
    imageimage
  • Alec29Alec29 Posts: 3,864 juggalo
    Wooooooow
    My wife don't need to be eliminated from the population, Bianca. That wasn't nice.
  • BlindGuardian93BlindGuardian93 Posts: 4,988 jayfacer
    There is too much money in cancer for them to get rid of it.
    I've been lost in endless seas My heart died long ago I curse my failures as I fall from you
    Not that I condone looking over a cure
    I think its excellent that they have a cure
    Your wife has cancer, alec?
    Im sorry :(
    imageimage
  • myplagueRobmyplagueRob Posts: 1,375
    Wooooooow
    My wife don't need to be eliminated from the population, Bianca. That wasn't nice.
    That's not what she's saying. She's just saying that unfortunately cancer helps control the population, which is something that world powers have been striving to do. So even if they find a cure they won't release it because the population will go up. As sick as that sounds it is the unfortunate truth.

Just like cigarettes. Everybody knows they are terrible for you. The government puts all sorts of regulations on them but they'll never be prohibited because it is a population control device and a good form of tax income.

She wasn't saying "it's a good thing Alec's wife has cancer because she will help control the population". She was just stating that unfortunately cancer as a whole does help

Yes, Bianca. She's had cancer for a few years and is currently in remission. The meds she's on have a five year cycle. After that, there isn't anything they can give her. We are on year 3 or 4 now.
  • SkullAndCrossbonesSkullAndCrossbones Posts: 16,452 destroyer of motherfuckers
    its cause the canadians figured it out, thats why nobody cares.
    "That's another thing I love about metal, it's so fuckin' huge yet certain people don't even know it exists." - Rob Zombie
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    i dont agree on the population control stuff at all
    Yes, Bianca. She's had cancer for a few years and is currently in remission. The meds she's on have a five year cycle. After that, there isn't anything they can give her. We are on year 3 or 4 now.
    Hopefully she can beat it. Good luck to you and your wife.
    Wooooooow
    That's not what she's saying. She's just saying that unfortunately cancer helps control the population, which is something that world powers have been striving to do. So even if they find a cure they won't release it because the population will go up. As sick as that sounds it is the unfortunate truth.

Just like cigarettes. Everybody knows they are terrible for you. The government puts all sorts of regulations on them but they'll never be prohibited because it is a population control device and a good form of tax income.

She wasn't saying "it's a good thing Alec's wife has cancer because she will help control the population". She was just stating that unfortunately cancer as a whole does help

I know that. I was giving her a little bit of shit. My handguns can control the population better than cancer. I've read and been told by her oncologist that by the year 2020 nearly 75% of the population will have some type of cancer. That's alot of control.

Thank you, Bianca. Thank you,Rob.

We deal with it as it comes.
    Ugh just makes me hate the government
    imageimage
  • BlindGuardian93BlindGuardian93 Posts: 4,988 jayfacer
    Ugh just makes me hate the government
    I've been lost in endless seas My heart died long ago I curse my failures as I fall from you
  • WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I also saw this on reddit for the last 3 years, and you should have read the comments before posting this sensational article here. The fact is that the science is still in the very early stages.
    Wooooooow

I know that. I was giving her a little bit of shit. My handguns can control the population better than cancer. I've read and been told by her oncologist that by the year 2020 nearly 75% of the population will have some type of cancer. That's alot of control.

believe it or not, scientists will tell you that's a good thing because we have too many people for the carrying-capacity of the earth.

Fucked up, I know.
  • SkullAndCrossbonesSkullAndCrossbones Posts: 16,452 destroyer of motherfuckers
    well this is good news, now i can smoke all the cigarettes i want B-) :-))
    "That's another thing I love about metal, it's so fuckin' huge yet certain people don't even know it exists." - Rob Zombie
    I also saw this on reddit for the last 3 years, and you should have read the comments before posting this sensational article here. The fact is that the science is still in the very early stages.
    Well I'm sorry for not reading the comments. I figured I'd post it here and start a discussion. I guess I'll refrain from doing that in the future.
    well this is good news, now i can smoke all the cigarettes i want B-) :-))
    I hope you're kidding..
    that's like saying since there's that plan b pill you can fuck without protection as much as you want
    imageimage
  • WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Well I'm sorry for not reading the comments. I figured I'd post it here and start a discussion. I guess I'll refrain from doing that in the future.
    dude. don't take me comments so personally. It's cool, post whatever you want.... I was really just trying to let people who read it know that the article isnt telling the whole story. I don't really know the science enough to comment