Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Howard Camping Doomsday Prediction For May 21st, 2011.

Comments

• myplagueRobmyplagueRob Posts: 1,375
    His prediction is based on the Bible, which is bullshit, so I call bullshit.
    Actually it can't be based on the bible. I love how people automatically jump to that. If it was based on the bible, none of this would be happening because the bible clearly states no one knows when Christ will return
    But it is based on the Bible... just because it's wrong doesn't mean that he thinks the Bible is telling him something that it isn't.
    It absolutely is not based on the bible. Idk how much clearer I can make it. He may call himself Christian but that does not mean his prophecy is Christian in anyway
    <_>

I'm not saying that his claims are backed up in the Bible.
    If the Bible didn't exist, he wouldn't be saying anything. Therefore, his claims are based on the Bible.

Not let me jayface you again.

<_>
    No it is not based on the bible. It cannot be based on the bible. His religion is based on the bible but this theory is some made up bullcrap scam to get money from people. A religion leading to a stupid theory of some crackhead does not mean the theory is based off the holy book of that religion. I really don't know how much clearer I can make this
    And his scam is based on the Bible.

As in the Bible is the main figurepoint of his scam.

<_>
    He quotes things from the bible but no where in the bible does it state the return of Christ will be any certain day, therefore his claim is irrelevant and based off nothing but greed. It is not based off the bible in any way shape or form
    I'M NOT SAYING THAT HIS CLAIM IS BACKED UP BY THE BIBLE

I'M SAYING THAT THE BIBLE IS THE MAIN (FAKE) EVIDENCE OF HIS CLAIM

GOD FUCKING DAMNIT
    And I keep repeating that he uses quotes from the bible but that doesn't make the bible evidence of his claim. Also, saying the bible backing up his claim and the bible being evidence of his claim are the same thing so you sort of just said what I'm trying to get across to you
    I don't see why you don't understand what he is saying. He is not saying that this guy claims this to be true because this is actually in the bible because it is not. He understands that. He is just saying that this guy says "the bible says the world will end on May 21st"

That's it. There is no point in arguing this.
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
  • SantanaSantana Posts: 16,743 juggalo
    Well that makes sense. The wording is all off though. Sayin it's based on the bible makes me think everything I had just said
  • BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Damn it. I'm supposed to go to a concert on May 22nd. Couldn't put off the prediction for another 2 days! X(
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
  • That_Guy_ArloThat_Guy_Arlo Posts: 14,026 master of ceremonies
    Damn it. I'm supposed to go to a concert on May 22nd. Couldn't put off the prediction for another 2 days! X(
    Well he does predict that the world won't completely be destroyed until sometime in October, so you're still good unless you get killed by one of the first earthquakes that day! :-bd
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,706 spicy boy
    sounds like they're pulling a scam to get money and loot
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
    from a religious standpoint as well, the end of the world is supposed to be unpredictable, as well as happen after the anti-christ comes to power. and i'm certain the anti-christ hasnt come to be yet
    HOLY CRAP YOU'RE RIGHT

THANKS FOR THE TIP-OFF, DR. HOUSE
    Doubt it, you'd be surprised at the crazy shit some people believe.
    from a religious standpoint as well, the end of the world is supposed to be unpredictable, as well as happen after the anti-christ comes to power. and i'm certain the anti-christ hasnt come to be yet
    Based on your interpretation at least.

And you wanna know why the "anti-christ" hasn't come yet? Because it's nothing more than a huge folk tale.
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,282 mod
    u mad arlo?
    At the fact that people will so blindly accept these religious beliefs without critically thinking about why they really believe in what they do? Yes lol
    HOLY CRAP YOU'RE RIGHT

wow...
    HOLY CRAP YOU'RE RIGHT

wow...
    :D
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    edited May 2011
    yeah basically jesus supposedly didnt even really talk about the apocalypse in any type of detail. basically the apostles wrote all there own end of the world stories and they basically just chose the best one lol
    Post edited by NolaFree810 on
  • KridesBrideBrittKridesBrideBritt Posts: 25,781 jayfacer
    Well he does predict that the world won't completely be destroyed until sometime in October, so you're still good unless you get killed by one of the first earthquakes that day! :-bd
    Dying at an Apocalyptica concert would be quite poetic. :-?
    kristianPhotobucketPhotobucket Trephination-Tuesday Nights/Wednesday Mornings...11pm-1am- http://wrsu.rutgers.edu/listen.html
    You're seeing Apocalyptica?

jelly
  • KridesBrideBrittKridesBrideBritt Posts: 25,781 jayfacer
    You're seeing Apocalyptica?

jelly
    Yep. For the 2nd time. Unfortunately, they're not headlining this time. :(
    kristianPhotobucketPhotobucket Trephination-Tuesday Nights/Wednesday Mornings...11pm-1am- http://wrsu.rutgers.edu/listen.html
    u mad arlo?
    At the fact that people will so blindly accept these religious beliefs without critically thinking about why they really believe in what they do? Yes lol
    do you REALLY think we don't critically think about our faith?
    THIS
    u mad arlo?
    do you REALLY think we don't critically think about our faith?
    Faith is to believe without proper evidence, so yes, I do think that. I don't care how much someone knows about the Bible, I'm talking about really thinking about why your supernatural beliefs make sense.

Anyways Santana, I've asked you before what evidence you have and you claimed that the Bible is evidence for your god. It's statements like those that make me shake my head. It's like saying you have proof of wizards and pointing to a Harry Potter book as evidence.

Yes I know people don't actually believe in Harry Potter but the point is both books are just as fanciful as the other, doesn't matter how many followers.
    tl;dr and i don't feel like getting into this again