Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Howard Camping Doomsday Prediction For May 21st, 2011.

EpisodeEpisode Posts: 32,049 destroyer of motherfuckers
edited May 2011 in Off Topic
So, there's many things to read on this, so just Google it, but if any of you already know about this, what are your opinions?

It's a small group of Christian nutcases from California saying that they're absolutely certain the world will end at approximately 6 P.M. on May 21st, 2011, and they're having people donate all their belongings and money to them to be "saved" from the rapture and go to Heaven, and anyone who has been unpure and unfaithful to God in their life, me being a prime example, will be tortured until October. This is the same asshole who promised Christ's return on September 6th, 1994.

Anyways, opinions? I call absolute bullshit, but as usual with shit on this kind of subject, it does have me a bit paranoid.

Comments

• Razor_SharkRazor_Shark Posts: 12,604 balls deep
    So, there's many things to read on this, so just Google it, but if any of you already know about this, what are your opinions?

It's a small group of Christian nutcases from California saying that they're absolutely certain the world will end at approximately 6 P.M. on May 21st, 2011, and they're having people donate all their belongings and money to them to be "saved" from the rapture and go to Heaven, and anyone who has been unpure and unfaithful to God in their life, me being a prime example, will be tortured until October. This is the same asshole who promised Christ's return on September 6th, 1994.

Anyways, opinions? I call absolute bullshit, but as usual with shit on this kind of subject, it does have me a bit paranoid.
    That can't happen, I see Primus on the 24th, how will I see them if the world is ending?
  • Its_Meh_ChewIts_Meh_Chew Posts: 7,380 just the tip
    anyone who believes the world is gonna end may 21 is an idiot
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    His prediction is based on the Bible, which is bullshit, so I call bullshit.
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    i call monkey shit
  • MenAreTrashMenAreTrash Posts: 27,667 spicy boy
    I'm sure they'll actually convince a few dumbasses and make a few bucks off of this.
    i call elephant shit
  • Ace_Deputy_CheezeAce_Deputy_Cheeze Posts: 14,736 jayfacer
    edited May 2011
    Ive seen billboards n banners of that, lol.
    Deputy_Cheeze's Profile Page Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
    im calling pterodactyl shit
  • rammstein516rammstein516 Posts: 3,720 juggalo
    I'll be seeing Danzig on the 20th so even if the world does end on the 21st I'll be going out on a good note.
  • DreamtheaterDreamtheater Posts: 1,088 just the tip
    ^ this...
  • SantanaSantana Posts: 16,743 juggalo
    Actually it can't be based on the bible. I love how people automatically jump to that. If it was based on the bible, none of this would be happening because the bible clearly states no one knows when Christ will return
  • GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    A retarded interpretation of a retarded piece of literature.
    I'll be waiting to see Alice Cooper that night, so I'll be pissed if it ends just before he goes on.

image Photobucket
  • EpisodeEpisode Posts: 32,049 destroyer of motherfuckers
    As difficult as it is for many of us to swallow, there are a growing number of people who believe in Family Radio's message, via Reverend Camping, of the May 21 Judgement Day prediction. While the followers of this cult-like group are concerned for the welfare of the citizens of the world, traveling around the globe asking people to repent and pray, there are also a number of Christians that are worried about the doomsday-predictors.

Camping's followers believe so strongly that they will be "raptured" into heaven on May 21 Judgement Day that they have spent life savings on billboards, benches, flyers and travel to spread the message. They have emptied out bank accounts, cashed in retirement funds, sold all their possessions in order to attempt to save some souls.

This behavior is something to be concerned about. These Christians are looking forward to this big event and will be devastated when it doesn't happen. What will they do on May 22nd? Where will they go, how will they support themselves, and what will become of them? One can only imagine the suffering they will endure when they are hit with this large disappointment. They will be crushed and depressed, and this is troublesome.

The Calvary Bible Church of Milpitas, CA has offered counseling services, and help of any sort that people may need in their time of despair. They urge Camping's devotees not to despair, don't do anything rash. Contact the church HERE if you are despondent and need help.

It's heartening to see that people are reaching out to this group, because they are going to need help to deal with their grief and disappointment that the May 21 Judgement Day never happened. It would also probably be a good idea if Reverend Camping found a place to hide for a few days, because some people might be angry as well as being disappointed.

For more information and new developments about Reverend Camping and his predictions, click HERE.
  • TiradesOfTruthTiradesOfTruth Posts: 8,055 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I will be at DevilDriver what a hell of way to go if it were to happen.
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    Actually it can't be based on the bible. I love how people automatically jump to that. If it was based on the bible, none of this would be happening because the bible clearly states no one knows when Christ will return
    But it is based on the Bible... just because it's wrong doesn't mean that he thinks the Bible is telling him something that it isn't.
  • SantanaSantana Posts: 16,743 juggalo
    But it is based on the Bible... just because it's wrong doesn't mean that he thinks the Bible is telling him something that it isn't.
    It absolutely is not based on the bible. Idk how much clearer I can make it. He may call himself Christian but that does not mean his prophecy is Christian in anyway
  • GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    Green Eggs and Ham to me means that black people will take over the world.

Are you going to bash Dr. Seuss?
    image Photobucket
  • EpisodeEpisode Posts: 32,049 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Actually Santana, it is. He's basing it on something in the Bible that says X-thousand years after the flood, which happened in 4,000 something B.C.
  • Stoned_CatzStoned_Catz Posts: 34,915 jayfacer

wutz new jesus preached it jim jones david koresh and every christian freekz

[-(

blue turbins

From Those Fishes - I Fingered An Old Bitch (i got Aids on my finger)