Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

91-Year-Old Nazi Guard Convicted

Comments

• ShaneShane Posts: 15,229 balls deep
    you misunderstood that. in the US army you are not put to death for disobeying an order.

• NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    i misunderstood nothing, maybe you need to look up the definition of self preservation because it pertains to many different scenarios as a soldier. it means you value your on life over others, including your fellow soldiers who, if im familiar with the army enough, you are supposed to protect and be there for
    i do value my life over others but i'm not Narcissistic. i would and have put my life in the line side by side with my comrades in combat, but i would not walk into certain death for them. there is a difference
    what if a grenade landed next to you and three other soldiers and the only thing you could do to save them is fall on it, would you do it??
  • WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    what if a grenade landed next to you and three other soldiers and the only thing you could do to save them is fall on it, would you do it??
    Is it certain death for all 4 of us if I do not fall on it? Because I'd think we all had a chance to jump out of the way.... I'd yell "GRENADE!!" and jump away.
    if i was wearing my combat armor i would, people have survived it before. if not i would attempt to kick it away.
    in this situation only you would get away if choose to jump away the rest would die..
    if i was wearing my combat armor i would, people have survived it before. if not i would attempt to kick it away.
    im speaking strictly hypothetical hear, you had to either fall on it and die saving three others or jump away and live but the others would die
    I actually do agree with Shane that I do value myself more then I value most other people. I place a higher importance on my life then 99% of the world. However where I differ from shane is that I would not be willing to end anothers life, unless my life was directly threatened. In the SS case, I believe an officer would have no problems escaping when ordered to commit genocide. Kinda like when the US drafted people, and some people ran to canada to avoid the draft... that is me. Im running to canada. I have no desire to end anothers life, if it is at all possible.
    edited May 2011
    in this situation only you would get away if choose to jump away the rest would die..
    I'd probably jump away. Im not a hero
    you would make a shitty soldier than wake
    Absolutely. I am not a soldier... I have no desire to ever go to war. Like Chris Rock says. "They don't let gays in the military? Fine label me a faggot and after the war I will be the faggot with two legs. Fuck war"

well shane actually was a soldier....
  • Bottle_TreeBottle_Tree Posts: 7,166 just the tip
    That's why I completely oppose war. I never understood why some people wanted to join the military just so they could "go kill people".
    ya i would make a pretty shitty soldiers as well
    well shane actually was a soldier....
    I almost went in because I wanted to be a jet fighter pilot. Kinda glad I didnt....
  • HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I tried to enlist when I was 18, but they wouldnt let me cause I had asthma when I was a kid.
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,031 master of ceremonies
    everyone in post WW1 Germany was poor. Hilter gave them hope.
    And they wouldn't have been impoverished if it wasn't for dem dirty jews...
  • Razor_SharkRazor_Shark Posts: 12,604 balls deep
    Absolutely. I am not a soldier... I have no desire to ever go to war. Like Chris Rock says. "They don't let gays in the military? Fine label me a faggot and after the war I will be the faggot with two legs. Fuck war"

:-))
    Chris Rock is hilarious.
  • Razor_SharkRazor_Shark Posts: 12,604 balls deep
    I've thought about enlisting recently, just to have a job and something to look forward to, also to get in shape and meet new people, not to mention I get to travel and get college money, but I will give it a little while longer attempting to join the job market before I do that.